main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Getting the Riddler Trophies are a pain to get in that game

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Yup or a 16GB Flash Drive

3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves."

I'm currently 30% through and just took down the helicopter with the grenade launcher. I'm definitely enjoying the improvements from the first, like not having to switch to the grenades using the weapon select, but having them instantly accessible using L2. The little nuances are cool too like the screen getting a little blurry as your "eyes" focus before you shoot when changing targets. It feels like they up'ed the challenge a bit with it harder to get a headshot and the jumps are a little trickier. Overall, I'm enjoying it so far, even though I don't trust Chloe, but that makes it interesting.

Draconarius and 07jonesj like this.
  4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Rune Factory 4. I'm sixty hours into the game, still have a third of the main plot content left, still need to get married, and none of that includes bonus dungeons post game.

I think they solved the previous games' length issues.

5. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Just finished the Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance campaign on hard for the first time. Each level required the same strategy: turtle up for the first 20-30 minutes, and once the constant attacks stop doing so much damage build something huge to go on offence with. Usually a lot of somethings, so you don't die to the sudden rush of units that accompany each stage of the levels. Unfortunately, that means that the challenge drops off dramatically after you survive that first section. I might try a speed run next.

6. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Lately, I have been playing Black Ops II, mainly trying to get all of the challenges before I rewind the story in order to obtain the Showdown achievement, then beat it on Hardened and Veteran. I still have four challenges left in the main campaign, diving prone on a grenade in Pyrrhic Victory, four helicopters at the North Pass in Old Wounds, destroying eight SOC-Ts in Fallen Angel, and the retina scan in sixty seconds in Karma. Additionally, I still need numerous challenges from all of the Strike Force missions, except Dispatch. I have also been playing quite a bit of multiplayer, and finally getting a feel for something beyond the occasional 1v1 thanks to bots and everything being unlocked on Local.

Sadly, I haven't even beat Supreme Commander, my computer is scarcely up to the task, and being forced to use Steam just for continued mulitplayer support isn't my idea of a good deal. I didn't even get around to installing Forge Alliance before that Steam business happened, though I do still have the original non-Steam version of SupCom that I paid for but I can never reinstall it without having to deal with Steam.

7. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
    You can still install the disc version of both without any trouble. That's what I'm playing off. For multiplayer, I use Forged Alliance Forever, which is a fan-built matchmaking service that actually allows the different versions (disc/Steam) to play with each other.

8. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I unfortunately only have Supreme Commander Gold which I bought from Impulse before it was acquired by GameStop, so my non-Steam version was turned into the Steam version. I do still have the non-Steam version installed on a computer on which its barely even playable. I would seriously use Forge Alliance Forever if I could obtain the disk versions. I only found out about SupCom a few years ago, though, since I don't really have a computer capable of doing SupCom justice, its not an immediate concern.

9. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Currently 74% through. About to go after Schäfer in the monastery.

Two days ago, I did the train part and that was A LOT of fun to play. The helicopter part was cool but a little frustrating until I figured out that I needed to shoot the missiles and not just the copter. I wasn't sure if I was hitting it when I was shooting at it either so I thought I was going to die a second time, but I didn't so I was cool with that. I was very happy that I finally caught up to the events of where the game began. Thought it was redundant that I had to climb the train again, but that's a minor complaint. As the snow got heavier and heavier it reminded me of "The Last of Us." Man, do I hate those guards with the shotguns and full body armor!

Last night, I woke up in the Tibetan village, climbed up the mountain to fight that creature thing and found out that Schäfer killed all his men. Returning to the village where I enjoyed the village battle, save for that tank. It was a ***** evading that thing, especially at the one part I was stuck in an alley and the tank was shooting down it. I died a couple times due to timing, but once the tank was defeated the jumping from truck to truck part was really awesome. I like hanging with Elena, but I miss Chloe. I'm looking forward to not only facing Flynn and Lazarević, but also hoping something emotional happens with Drake and his women.

10. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Pokémon Y on 3DS, having just got it today.

Very impressed so far, excellent visuals compared to the old games so just walking around in a larger non 2D world is fun in itself. I just need to decide what starter Pokémon to get....

11. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Completed Uncharted 2 on Friday night. I was going to start Uncharted 3 on Saturday but I dislocated my pointer finger on my left hand playing flag football, so I'm currently not playing anything unfortunately. But anyway, the first Uncharted was good, the 2nd Uncharted was great! I highly recommend it.

12. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    GTA V, but about to start playing Aliens Colonial Marines again.

13. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Why would you play that game twice?!? [face_sick]

14. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Bought GoldenEye: Reloaded, Halo Reach and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 on Saturday. Playing through GoldenEye right now and I just beat the tank level. Once I'm done with GoldenEye I'll play through the other 2 games and then go back to Batman Arkham Asylum for the last 39 riddles I have left to do.

15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Sleeping Dogs.

Not as good as I was expecting it to be, a more unforgiving counter system combined with high penalties renders it no rival to the Arkham games' combat system, which is much easier to pick up. Only at the start so there's scope for it to improve, hopefully it does.

16. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    All I can say is Giant Accomplishment and Showdown! Now all I have left in relation to Black Ops 2 campaign is to beat it on Hardened and Veteran.

17. Hello_Fett

Hello_Fett Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2013
    Currently trying to get all the trophies for SSX on PS3. And just started playing SWTOR.

18. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    Going back and forth between cleaning up GTAV and F1 2012. Just killing time till Forza 5. :p

19. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
    Halo 3: ODST, attempting to get the last few achievements I'm missing, starting with Vidmaster: Endure.

20. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Wow, good luck with that. Considering how few people you might be able to find and help you out with that cheevo, it was still a massive pain to get.

Mostly playing GTA 5/Online right now. Yeah, this has been my virtual crack for a bit now, at least until Arkham Origins comes out.

21. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
    I've got two brothers and a cousin joining me for the attempt(s). Family do sometimes have their uses. :D

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  22. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Will all be using separate consoles? I can't remember if you can actually play ODST Firefight coop with just one console. And it'd be a nightmare to attempt Endure with 4 player split-screen. Regardless, the best map to do so is the interior of the ONI base. Plenty of decent cover and long lines of fire.

Draconarius likes this.
  23. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
    We've got two consoles, which is good because I think you're right; I don't think you can do 4-player spit screen on ODST. We tried Crater first, and although we did get the 200,000 points achievement (and then some...) we didn't get Endure. ONI Alpha Site will be our next attempt.

24. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Yes, ONI Alpha Site is possibly your best bet with Endure. That map provides a decent amount of cover and enemies can be funneled directly into the firelines of your team. Granted, the longer the match goes on and more skulls are activated, that advantage dissipates rather quickly. See the Halo wikia entry below for more tips.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Vidmaster_Challenge:_Endure

25. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Someday I want to try for the last of the Halo achievements, but being offline makes most of them unobtainable and I am worried that I am going to be able to get into online before they start pulling the plug.

Are they even selling Halo 4: Game of the Year Edition in stores, because I haven't even seen it yet when it apparently came out on October 8th? I don't want to pass up on getting those three previously exclusive weapon skins, the Arctic skin for the Battle Rifle, the Prime skin for the Assault Rifle, and the Imprint skin for the Light Rifle, because they are conveniently the only ones I really want, besides the Noble skin for the DMR.

I am currently playing Devil May Cry HD Collection (which I had only heard about until I found it the other day when I got it), starting with Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening, which is the only one I already had let alone played before. I didn't realize how hard the bosses could be the first time around, because I had only played with my brother's Dante before, though I did do a lot with Vergil.