main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Just finished Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition. Fantastic game!

2. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Batman: Arkham Origins. I'll never get bored of having Batman glide around the city and beat up thugs.

3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Tomb Raider: Guardian of Light
    It's a pretty fun twin-stick shooter with some interesting puzzles. Got it free with Games for Gold but I'm enjoying it.

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Star Ocean: The Last Hope. It's not great - and I suspect it's probably not even good by most metrics - but I'm digging it a lot. Which I think is a descriptor that applies to the entire series, but I digress.

5. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I was playing Killzone: Shadow Fall online on my buddies PS+ account. Not a big fan. I only bought it because the only other PS4 game I have is Lego Marvel.

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  7. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    Messing around with Minecraft PC. I played a ton of MC on the 360, so the PC is really weird to me.

8. Sir Chem

Sir Chem Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2013
    Being in a mood for anime/manga I dusted off my DS and have been playing Jump Ultimate Stars again. If anyone likes manga and Smash Bros. it's well worth the money. (It never made it over here due to licencing issues.) Too bad I can't play online, since it doesn't support WPA2 passwords.

9. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag [face_love]

10. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    Kotor on my Xbox 360, since my steam version wants to be dumb.

Sooooo fun.

11. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Payday 2

12. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Puttering about in Minecraft, trying to build things I see in my head. Still picking up Splinter Cell: Blacklist from time to time. Considering replaying Mass Effect.

13. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Just finished GTA V, not 100% but at least run through the story.

Playing Guild Wars 2 again now, running the living story and managed to take down the twisted marionette twice but our server still hasn't managed the three headed worm.

14. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Just hit up some Killer Instinct reboot on Xbox Live. Won a few matches as Jago, then started getting dominated by everyone playing Saberwolf. Ugh. Great game, though, yet I wish the Xbox One D-pad was a bit easier on the thumb, as I'm not too big on using the L-stick. My thumb feels like it lost a layer of skin from all those insane combos. I really should spend some time getting used to the L-stick, seeing as how I'm sure most gamers use it over the D-pad.

That said, Killer Instinct is a pretty awesome fighter. Almost reminiscent of Street Fighter 4, but with a more even learning curve. My biggest problem with SF4 was that I couldn't for the life of me perform all those insane combos/attacks and would sometimes lose really bad on Live (I couldn't even understand the instructions in the Moves List). But KI, imo, does a better job of leveling the playing field. Things start to "feel" right while playing and I find that sheer instinct alone can guide you into some pretty ridiculous combos.

15. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Finally got around to unwrapping Dead Rising 3 for the X1. It was a Christmas present but I never had time to check it out. The reviews have all been pretty encouraging, but I'm finding it to be a bit frustrating. The controls don't really make that much sense, and there's no option to view the controller layout (at least none that I can find). Inventory system is also a bit irritating (I can't hold a weapon and, say, drink a soda to replenish my health at the same time? Really? The player-character has two hands!).

Also, Dead Rising 3 is the least visually impressive X1 title I've tried so far. The graphics look so dated that the game would've better fit in during the 360's mid-life period. It's not even as aesthetic as later 360 titles like Mass Effect 3, Assassin's Creed 4, or Batman Arkham Origins. I really expected more for a next-gen game.

16. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Dead Island as it's the free game this month with Games With Gold. I actually really like it. Weapon durability isn't great but it's my only complaint so far. There's an achievement for killing 15 zombies in a row without taking damage, which wouldn't be hard if my hammer lasted that long. Still, it's fun and I enjoy it. I might have to get Riptide at some point.

17. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Dead Island was ok, but nowhere near as intense as its trailer suggested. My main complaint was all the stupid side quests. "Can you PLEASE go halfway across this zombie infested island to retrieve my daughter's teddy bear? She really misses it, and in our hurry to escape with our lives, I forgot all about it. PLEASE???"

Go to Hell, Dead Island NPCs. Go to Hell.

Life likes this.
  18. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Victoria II.

One of the steepest learning curves I've seen in a game.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  19. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Fixed. That particular sidequest was to get the woman's teddy bear, not a daughter's, unless there's another teddy fetching quest. I actually thought that was a nice one. I still sleep with the teddy I got when I was a baby so I understand how she felt. Mind you, I am a sucker for sidequests, so I enjoy doing them.

20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Vicky is pretty easy once you figure out the pattern is "Pops want something detrimental to your advancement -> You do what you want anyway -> Millions of Jacobins revolt -> Repeat"

21. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013

[face_plain]

22. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    I'm trying to play Papers, Please and the darn thing won't start up right. It just goes into a small miscolored/pixelated view of my desktop and then stops bringing it back to normal but the game isn't running anymore. No sounds, no indication the game is even working properly.

23. ThatsNoPloKoon

ThatsNoPloKoon Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 24, 2013
    I just finished Dragon Age Origins. It's a lovely game. Really does feel like the end of an epic journey. Not much developers do party-based rpgs as well as Bioware and this one stands out in particular. I feel like I'm genuinely going to miss these characters in real-life ;_;

24. AstroFan428

Oct 3, 2003
    Titanfall Beta

Highlights from my first night.

25. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Dead Island is a free download off XBox Live, so I'm replaying it. I'm also playing and cursing at MLB 2k10.