main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Baldur's Gate - or, more specifically, BG modded so that it's one big game together with BG2, in the BG2 engine. I'm doing my best to keep my character's actions in line with his alignment.

Which is Chaotic Neutral.

2. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Is that the Ascension mod, or The Long Road, Evelios Ramza? :)

3. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Trilogy plus a couple of restored content mods and some balance tweaks.

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    All you need is first place? Man, they've downgraded it then. I've come first in every race the 150cc cups many times in Mario Kart 7 & I still only get 2 stars. I'm not sure what else I have to do

5. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Started playing The Swapper today. Really cool stuff.

6. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    You have to have ten coins each race as well as first place!

Been playing Pokemon X non stop. The last time I played a pokemon game was Ruby. I spent an entire summer playing my sp on that game. Great memories! I bought Black, but didn't play to much of it.

I bought X when it launched, but only put about twelve hours in it, and put it down. My fiancé has wanted us to spend more time gaming together, so I play my handheld, and she plays on the tv in our bedroom. With the announcment of the Ruby remake, I got excited for pokemon again. Needless to say, I've been beyond hooked!

Life and SithLordDarthRichie like this.
  7. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Saints Row 2 - it was on my perennial "check this out" list, and joking with my friends about how cripplingly unfun GTAIV is, plus some trade-in credit, made me decide to pick it up. It's a blast, although I'm regretting my decision to use a character formula somewhat - about the fiftieth time you see Jackie Chan bash somebody's head in with a baseball bat, you start to lose perspective.

8. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Still playing SWGemu.

9. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    About halfway through the story of watch_dogs, sad thing is it was such a disappointment to me that I only want to play the story now. Though I'm unsure if I want to play that, Tomb Raider, or the Bioshock Series which I just got from the summer sale...

10. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
  11. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Diablo 3 best blizz game in the world....l......

12. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    A friend gifted me with a couple COD games a few years ago, and they've been gathering dust in my shelf. But today, I took Modern Warfare 2 for a spin. The single player campaign, of course. I can't be bothered to build up the insane skill level needed to have a fighting chance online.

13. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
  14. Death_Jar_Jar

Death_Jar_Jar Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    Twilight Princess and Team Fortress 2

15. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    The new Thief. Feels a bit like coming home.

16. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Persona 4 Golden

Beat Persona 4 on the ps2 on weds, and immediately bought Golden!

17. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Insurgency on PC. This is a really solid game, miles ahead of any COD rubbish.

18. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Heroes of Ruin on 3DS

19. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I've been playing a lot of Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff on my mobile device. I was going to create a thread to talk about it if there are others playing it that would like to discuss it. Like this comment if you'd be interested in chatting about this game in its own thread.

20. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    League of Legends, The Old Republic (Until I muster up the resolve to pay for WOW again), and Skyrim

21. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Gran Turismo 6 off & on.

22. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Very late to the party but finally got around to Alan Wake along with the 2 DLC episodes.

I really enjoyed it. The eerie atmosphere informed but Stephen King mixed with tappings of Stanley Kubrick suited the game brilliantly. Nearly all of the characters in the game were interesting and nice enough to develop affection for apart from Barry who is the lovechild of John Lovitz and Jar Jar Binks. Meanwhile, I enjoyed the originality of the combat mechanic but at times it was frustrating because not only were there large swarms that moved rapidly, but the recovery time involved in the health regenerating is slow. It was one of those games where once there was action, it was full on.

I felt this was at odds with the overall tone of the story which is subdued and slow-paced. There's definitely room for action in the game, I wouldn't have Alan Wake without it, but sometimes it just got a little heavy handed. But, at the same time the game was decent enough to take you back to the checkpoint with a loaded weapon if you died with no ammo. So it was at least decent enough to do that. It was by no means Ninja Gaiden. But if the action scenes were just that bit less busy, I would have appreciated the action more because I wanted to enjoy it but the heavy swarms of attacks made it difficult to develop a strategy. Interestingly, the game did make me rethink the idea of fighting and defence because at around the halfway point of the game, I realised that the torch and gun weren't weapons; they were tools.

I think that's where I was going wrong because I went into it with an action/adventure or FPS type mentality where everyone needed to be killed. That wasn't the point, it was about surviving. However, if I had a choice between Max Payne and Alan Wake in terms of action gameplay goes, my vote still goes to Max Payne because it just feels better paced whereas Alan Wake felt more stylistic rather than technically enjoyable.

It was also great to hear James McCaffrey in the role of Zane while Sam Lake's pen as a story teller is as sharp as ever. Great stuff, I hope there's more down the track. ery late to the party but finally got around to Alan Wake along with the 2 DLC episodes.

Life likes this.
  23. Death_Jar_Jar

Death_Jar_Jar Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    I'm playing Fire Emblem for the first time ever and it's awesome.

24. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    Batman: Arkham City

25. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    I just picked up Arkham City last night for $9.00 :) Played Asylum early this year and enjoyed it. I'll get into City after Watch Dogs.