main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Star Wars Starfighter after having just purchased it off PSN yesterday.

2. Dark-lord97

Dark-lord97 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 8, 2014
    All the X-Wing and TIE Fighter games has been release on steam, so I bought TIE Fighter. Excellent game which still holds up!

3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005

Eh, beat it twice in about the span of a month. I started playing a few days after it was released in late March, and I've wrapped a second, shorter playthrough. It's a lot of fun.

4. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I'm also playing Bloodborne, and man is it great. I'm usually not a fan of overly difficult games (see third game I talk about), but there's something about this one that totally scratches an itch I didn't even know I had (never played any Souls games). The game absolutely requires your full attention and focus, as there's very little margin for error. I did some grinding in the earlier area of Central Yharnam, with the twenty or so baddies hunkered around the big fire in the center of the road, and on my umpteenth run of the area I would still catch myself getting into some trouble because I got a little cocky, or a little impatient. Just goes to show that when you die, it's your fault. Not once have I felt cheated, or felt the game was cheap. It's simply demanding, in a good way, and I can't wait to play more of it. I just got to Old Yharnam and am currently under attack by a nasty gatling gunner.

Sidenote: For anyone who enjoys Bloodborne, I HIGHLY recommend you play the best game on the PS4 if you haven't already: Rogue Legacy. On the surface it might look totally different, but it's got that same addictive level of risk/reward, difficulty/improvement that hooks you in and keeps pushing you on. You can thank me later.

On the other hand, I have very few kind words to say about Shovel Knight. I just don't get it. It seems like so many gamers and reviewers love this game to death, but not once did I ever think to myself "This game is fun." Not once. I got to the end of the final level before I realized it was never going to click. Unlike Bloodborne, the difficulty in this game is an absolute detriment to the overall product. I get it, they're attempting to channel the great NES games of yesteryear, and I admittedly grew up on a Super Nintendo so a lot of the nostalgic value is lost on me. But man, the game just is not fun at all. After I encountered one particular challenge that involves you fighting all of the game's bosses in a row without a checkpoint, I didn't hesitate to delete my save file and uninstall the game from my harddrive. I may be being overly harsh, but to me, that game is a waste of 15 bucks. If you're looking for a challenging 2D sidescroller with old school graphics, look no further than the aforementioned Rogue Legacy, which does a much better job of satisfying that thirst.

Life likes this.
  5. Ichor_Razor

Nov 6, 2004
    GTA 5 online & Episode 3 game for PS2 which I recently purchased off PSN.

6. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    Got my Bloodborne platinum trophy last week. If you have a PS4 buy it! After finishing Valiant Hearts I've started Never Alone. It's a fun little puzzle game but seems to be very glitchy.

7. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Every now and then I get the itch to play some Dark Souls. I went through a quick runthrough of the first game last month, and now I'm working on the sequel. Maybe I can actually beat that damned Darklurker this time.

8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Playing a lot of MLB 15: The Show and Bloodborne, need to play Ground Zeroes, it will ultimately all go to waste in 14 days when Witcher III hits. The perils of getting a new system.

Jedi Ben and Life like this.
  9. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    So I just recently discovered that you can use the Spotify app on the PS4 to play music while you're playing a game.

So while playing Bloodborne, I went to Hemwick Charnel Lane where all the witches are hanging out. Applied fire paper to Ludwig's Holy Blade. Switched over to the Spotify app and played Queens of the Stone Age's 'Burn the Witch.' And then I proceeded to massacre every witch in the area with my flaming greatsword. One of the coolest freaking moments I can remember in a game. Can't wait to do the same thing while fighting the Witch of Hemwick, whom I've yet to encounter.

Life likes this.
  10. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Life likes this.
  11. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    With this month's PS Plus free games, I'm playing Valiant Hearts, Hohokum and Race the Sun. I really love this service. It introduces me to games that would otherwise not have come to my attention.

12. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Lego Star Wars 3 on the Xbox 360. Got it when it was on sale for Star Wars day and it's great. I have the PSP version and 100% completed it but I'd heard the console version is very different so I decided to get it. I much prefer the older style of Lego games like this one without the open world and talking characters. I still like the recent Lego games but I wish they'd go back to the old style. Anyway I'm going to try to 100% this version of the game so it should be fun.

13. Lobotomised

Lobotomised Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2015
    Bloodborne, Shovel Knight and I am still spending far too much time playing the repetition fest that is...Destiny.

14. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition

15. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    enjjoying battlefield hardline right now. I hear its the worst one in the series, but its the only one i have played.

16. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

Thinkin about startin a KOTOR game though :)

17. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

18. Ichor_Razor

Nov 6, 2004
    GTA online.

19. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I've been playing a bit of Destiny the passed few days in anticipation of The House of Wolves downloadable content coming out tomorrow. Still not the biggest fan of the game but it is fun when playing cooperatively with friends.

20. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Star Wars games. Mainly SWTOR.

21. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Still playing Mortal Kombat X. I think I'm getting too involved in the online matches. I've become obsessed with winning and man, if I lose a match, my controller takes a pummeling just like the old SNES controllers used to. During the first month, I was luckily winning maybe about 80% of my matches. But now the competition has intensified and many people are executing absurd juggling combos that I never imagined possible...and now I win only about 50% of my matches (the game provides you with this data plus informs you of your estimated odds of success against new opponents). Yesterday I accepted a challenge against someone whom the game informed me that I stood 0% chance of success against.

I won. And it was great.

...i need to stop playing. :(

22. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

23. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    Just finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution. No where near as good as the first game, but still a very good game.

No idea what to play next. Probably Republic Commando.

24. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Going old school with Burnout 3: Takedown.

25. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I keep playing Witcher III and it's legitimately kind of a problem because there are so many other really fun games I own that I also want to play but there are only so many non-work hours in the day and I can't stop. I have no mouth and I must Witcher.