main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    The Witcher 3. My only problem with it is that I can play it for hours and feel like I accomplished absolutely nothing in that time. Which I guess may not be a problem depending on how you look at it. I haven't really hit a groove yet, but I'm sure it'll come.

Also still slowly making my way through Bloodborne. Got wrecked by the hunter lady in Byrgenwerth and took a break for a couple of weeks. Came back to it and finished her off on my first try. Guess I'll continue on to that spider boss I've been hearing so much about.

Life likes this.
  2. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    So is it as depressingly difficult to play like the last one ?

3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    The Witcher 3? Not at all. I played Assassins of Kings on the 360 and couldn't get into it, can't remember exactly why. But I'm playing Wild Hunt on the Xbox One and having a blast. Definitely a very small barrier to entry.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  4. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Skyrim has dragged me back in. There's so much content, it's overwhelming!

Jedi Ben likes this.
  5. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Star Wars: Bounty Hunter

Chancellor Yoda and Life like this.
  6. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    X-Com Enemy Within on Impossible/Iron Man/Marathon mode. Its quite the challenge. I've already lost 5 countries because I couldn't get enough satellites up in time.

7. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    007: Agent Under Fire

I was still playing Midnight Club 3, but I decided to take a bit of a break as Midnight is quite lengthy.

Life likes this.
  8. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    You're going old school lately. I haven't played Agent Under Fire, but I found Nightfire to be pretty good. Overall, I think EA had a pretty good run with the licence.

9. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    Agent Under Fire is actually my first Bond game I've ever played so hopefully it will be good.

10. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Is The Witcher 3 any good? Might pick it up, but I'm kinda hooked on Destiny at the moment.

11. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    No, we're all playing it and enjoying it ironically. Those glowing reviews that everyone put out? Scored ironically. It's the Plan 9 from Outer Space of YES IT'S QUITE GOOD IF YOU LIKE THE ACTION RPG GENRE.

Jedi Ben, Reynar_Tedros and Life like this.
  12. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    I seem to remember AoF had some complaints that were addressed in the sequel. Let's hope they were not too glaring. Regardless, I often find revisiting older games fun despite their flaws. I'm currently playing The Getaway on PS2. Severely clunky, nearly unplayable, but I still enjoy it.

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  13. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013

I guess I'm having the same experience with Witcher 3, but I'm not upset about it. I've been sidequesting and exploring and the hours fly by without any solid evidence of accomplishment, but I'm enjoying the world. Having never played a Witcher title before, I think 3 is very approachable for new players.

Solid title promising of many, many hours of gameplay.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  14. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    So far AOF isn't too bad, quite enjoyable in fact, but this is my first Bond game so yeah take that with a grain of salt. Also on older games, is it weird for me to say that my favorite era's in gaming are the late 90's and early 2000's despite not having really any nostalgia for those times? I don't know what it is, but a lot of those games during that time interest me. Mind you I'm not a snob who thinks all new games are terrible. Maybe its also because I don't really mind blocky graphics as much as some people.

Life likes this.
  15. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    Playing alot of Destiny again. The House of Wolves expansion has definitely reeled me back in. I got all three of my guardians to the new max level which is 34.

16. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    Spider Man 2

Life likes this.
  17. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Fond memories of that game.

I'm currently revisiting Borderlands 2 in my idle time.

18. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I am primarily playing Command & Conquer: Generals: Zero Hour mods these days, mainly Rise of the Reds, Shockwave, and occasionally NProject Mod and Contra. Rise of the Reds is amazing, and will be even better when the 1.851 patch is finally released, though I am not certain I am going to completely enjoy the assignment system with every faction in 2.0. Shockwave continues to be my most favorite Zero Hour mod, especially since I finally beat a General's Challenge mission. I would play NProject Mod more, but the AI is a little insane to me, 1 vs 1 is a nightmare, though larger maps are generally manageable, since the AI doesn't always focus on me then. I would play Contra more, but for me the AI is kind of pathetic and the GLA AI is messed up, since I play defensive and don't really let the AI rank up to unlock everything, making 1 vs 1 all too easy.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    New vegas for like the 10th time:p

20. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    South Park: The Stick Of Truth. Loving it so far.

21. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Just Cause 2 and Injustice Gods Among Us.

22. Magog

Magog Jedi Master

Apr 22, 2004
    Dragon Age: Origins, Borderlands: The Pre Sequel, Batman: Arkham City and I've just finished Dragon Age 2 again.

23. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Fallout 3. The recent announcement of Fallout 4 made me want to revisit this game and start all over with a new Lone Wanderer. But as it usually happens when I replay RPG's, retracing all too familiar ground can quickly become extremely boring. Especially given some of the annoying fetch quests that litter this game. Maybe I'll go and finish the main quest but somehow, I kinda doubt it.

24. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures.

25. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Story of Seasons. The dynamic with new Harvest Moon (Oh no I said the thing!) games made by Marvelous is kind of interesting these days as their primary competition is coming from Natsum- haha, no, just kidding, their primary competition is coming from their own spinoff, the stellar Rune Factory titles. This one takes a lot of advice from that franchise and also axes most of the missteps from A New Beginning, so even a mere hour in there's a lot more to do and see than there was after three in-game months in that inexplicably well-regarded slog. One thing I wish they would bite the bullet on is a talking protagonist, as it'd probably improve interactions a lot (The way it has in Rune Factory, there's a pattern here), but so far it's pretty enjoyable.