main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain on PS3

2. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    Until Dawn on PS4

I am spooped.

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  4. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Mad Max. Dig the hell out of it. Only being from America I keep getting in the wrong side of the car.[face_laugh]

5. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Same.

Life and Jedi Daniel like this.
  6. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Replaying AC4 and AC3 as part of a Kenway Saga Marathon. Gearing up for Mario Maker on Friday!

7. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  8. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Bastion and Superbrothers:Sword & Sworcery EP on iPad. Not really explored the iPad as a games platform (up until a few days ago, Civilization Revolutions was my only game on it), but I've been blown away by the atmospheric music and graphics presentation of both Bastion and S&S. Very impressed.

9. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
  10. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    You didn't get the Master Chief Collection?

11. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Isn't that still a bit of a mess?

12. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    He's a diehard Halo fan. I was going to ask him for his impressions on it. :p

13. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999

What gives me away as a diehard Halo fan? :p

The Master Chief Collection was bundled with my Xbone and I play it regularly. As it usually happens with Halo, I need a break ever so often. GTAV does quite well in that regard.

Is it still a mess? Well, it shouldn't be, considering that the patches the game has received since launch are almost as hefty as the game itself (total installed files weigh in at over 70 gb). The campaigns play just great, and have never looked better playing at 1080p and nearly 60 fps (if I'm not mistaken). The game is designed for local and online coop. I played the remastered Halo 2 coop with a few folks over the weekend and it is a fun experience. Legendary-one-shot-in-pinkie-instakill jackal snipers, though, still not fun at all. [face_frustrated]

The major issues the game had at launch were mostly centered on its online component and I believe they've been mostly fixed. One can usually find games in a reasonable amount of time and usually with even sized teams most of the time. Lag is still an issue in some game types (usually with Halo 3). It's been my personal belief though that long matchmaking waits are mostly due to the diminished size of the community, who had long since abandoned Halo in favor of COD or other shooters like, ugh, Destiny. Regardless, if their intention was to build anticipation for Halo 5 or otherwise sell Xbones, 343/MS screwed the pooch bigtime by releasing the game in such a crappy state in the first place.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  14. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I have mainly been playing Skyrim and some occasional Halo and Call of Duty. Specifically I finally got around to finishing a third wing on a homestead, Heljarchen Hall, though I haven't bothered with the others yet. I am probably ready for Skuldafin and Sovngarde, but I want to get all of the perks for either Heavy or Light Armor first, which should also get me to level 60, right where I want to be for Solstheim.

Between TMCC's woes and what 343i is doing with Halo 5, especially the almost complete focus on online, and Smart Scope and sights in general (especially the Battle Rifle, DMR, and Light Rifle), I am not seeing much of a reason to get an Xbox One. The PS4 has more interesting exclusives, and is also getting all of the love when it comes to exclusivity deals on multi-platform titles, that the Xbox One doesn't really have much to offer.

15. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Much hate for MS I sense in you, yes.

Yo do know that the PS4 requires some online connectivity too, right? And I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with the Xbox having not much worthwhile to offer.

16. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Online connectivity isn't a deal breaker, though I definitely don't care for it. The problem is besides the campaign, Halo is now almost completely focused on online under 343i, thanks to the removal of Firefight. Even more so than Call of Duty, which seems to be offering something other than the campaign for offline since MW2, though Zombies barely counts, since it relies on DLC to get the full experience.

With no other exclusives interesting me besides Halo, the Xbox One doesn't have much to offer.

17. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Um, you CAN play Halo 5's campaign offline, you know. All Halos have had online and offline components since...forever. You're seriously kvetching over lack of Firefight? It was fun, yeah, but fighting bots/AI does grow old quick.

18. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Yeah, but the campaign is all you can play offline, since splitscreen has apparently been abandoned in favor of 1080p 60fps. Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach gave me an expectation that Halo needs and must have offline modes beyond the campaign, which made Spartan Ops very frustrating for me, since it could be played solo, but wasn't available offline.

19. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I'm sorry to say that your expectations were perhaps a bit too high. Maybe M$ torpedoed offline components beyond the campaign after Reach in order to emphasize connectivity though XBL.

20. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    Well, it backfired, because forcing me to get the complete experience with online just makes me not even want to bother with the experience, unless the experience is specifically an online experience like Destiny. The fact the console already has a limited requirement for internet would be all of the encouragement I need to adopt XBL.

21. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Mad Max. I posted this in that game's dedicated thread, but I'll do it again here.

Do not buy this game.

I've only had experience on the Xbox One version, so I'm not sure if what I'm about to talk about applies to other platforms. Most of the time, when you die in Mad Max, the game freezes when it tries to reload (maybe six or seven times out of ten, in my experience). When you exit the game and restart, it gets stuck verifying your save game files at the main menu. In order to get it to work again, you have to unplug your console and plug it back in, restarting it that way. One time I did this and lost about forty-five minutes worth of progress. Daunting, but I figured it was a one-time thing so I made it back up. Just now, it happened again, and I lost about two hours of tedious side-mission progress.

Which is absolutely heartbreaking, because the game is actually pretty fun. But how can I be expected to continue when there's a possibility that everything I'm doing could be erased? The game's been out for two and a half weeks, and still there's been no patch. This is inexcusable, and after having similar issues with Mortal Kombat X and glitched achievements, I can't say I'll ever buy a WB published game again. A shame.

22. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    Just finished another playthrough of the original Deus Ex, and just started another run on the original Fallout. These games are amazing feats of game design, especially because of how they cater to different game play styles. It adds some real replay value to these games. After replaying these masterpieces, I'm finding it very difficult to get excited for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Fallout 4. Bethesda Fallouts are always fun for the mods, but as a game, Fallout 3 was more similar to Elder Scrolls than Fallout. From the little information I have seen on Fallout 4, they are making some dubious design decisions (Critical Hit system, No Skills, Unlimited Level Cap). As for Deus Ex, Human Revolution was only mediocre and Mankind Divided has one of the most screwed up preorder system ever. I'll probably still buy these games, but almost certainly not on release day. The current state of Fallout and Deus Ex really shows how far the games industry has fallen.

Life likes this.
  23. Anakin_Prime

Anakin_Prime Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    NHL 16. Much improved game. The 6v6 online play is a blast. Thank goodness hockey season is back!

24. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    What exactly was changed from NHL 15? I have a blast playing 15 locally with my brother or friends, though sometimes the puck dynamics and shots-goal ratio seems a bit ridiculous (ie. wrist shots from the center line making it cleanly into the net).

25. Anakin_Prime

Anakin_Prime Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    Seems to be way harder to score. They also added all the modes that should have been in the game last year. Seems to be a very realistic nhl game.