main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. TheSlave_1

TheSlave_1 Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 25, 2016
    I'm currently running through my first playthrough of The Witcher 3. It's pretty fun so far :D

2. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Oh yeah, The Witcher 3 is tons of fun. There's an extraordinary amount of things to do in that game. Expect to play it for several weeks at the minimum.

With Dark Souls 3's imminent release, I'm playing the first Dark Souls now that it's finally backwards compatible on Xbox One. Gotta flex those muscles to prepare for the third installment!

3. zisme

zisme Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2016
    pokemon blue

4. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Hopelessly addicted to Stardew Valley.

5. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I probably would be addicted too, it is easy enough to be with Skyrim and Diablo. I am currently playing Diablo II, with ever class except a Necromancer so far. I lost the install disc some time ago, which is why I haven't played in several years, but since Blizzard is awesome and supports things long after most others have abandoned their older games, a lost install disc isn't a major problem. My main character is a Level 27 Paladin that has made it through Act III. My Barbarian, Amazon, and Sorceress are all Level 21 about to enter the Palace in Act II. My Assassin and Druid are both Level 14 at the Outer Cloister about to start the journey through the Rogue Monastery in Act I. As a collector, the expanded stash in LoD is barely enough between Gems and Runes, so the original game is almost unworkable for me.

6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The Wolf Among Us.

It's okay, story not that emotionally invested. Was pretty easy to predict the twists.

7. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Hyrule Warrriors Legends

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  9. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Alternating between Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, Race the Sun, Streets of Rage 2 (emulated) and Sky Fighter while catching up on podcasts.

10. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I've been playing Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and I got to a point in the game where....

I died?! WTF?? I thought you couldn't die in LucasArts adventure games! :p

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes

Assassin's Creed

12. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Made some nice progress in Streets of Rage 2. I've now made it to stage 6 out of 8. But it's definitely hard. The inclusion of save states helps. I'm playing with Skate. I don't know which character is best to use, but I think his speed makes him the best all-round character.

13. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Dark Souls 3 :D

14. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Well right now i'm into a bunch of Parodox games, Crusader Kings II which I LOVE, as well as Europa Universalis IV.

I also just got Democracy 3, even when I create a utopia people still hate me [face_frustrated]

And I built up a Mind craft Jedi Temple, and started an academy, but I have almost no students, and my friends don't take it as seriously as me.

I've been trying to finish KOTOR II but I have an old Beat up Xbox that keeps crashing so I can only play a few hours a day if i'm lucky, I may never finish it.

15. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Picked up Dark Souls III thinking it would grab me the same way Bloodborne did. Hoo boy was I wrong. Not into it at all, might try it once or twice more but can't imagine I'll get very far. Should've just saved a bunch of money and bought Salt and Sanctuary instead.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

17. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    I've been continuing my CRPG binge, and started Icewind Dale for the first time. I'm a long time fan of Baldur's Gate and Planescape: Torment but I had never tried the Icewind Dale series before because I heard it was just a dungeon crawl. I've actually enjoyed it quite a bit more than I expected and possibly more so than Baldur's Gate 1. The Character Portraits and Backgrounds are gorgeous, Soundtrack is excellent, Combat encounters are more tactical than BG1 (But not BG2) and most importantly Bards actually kick major butt! I do miss having actual companion NPCs with personality, but of the Infinity Engine games only BG2 and PST really had developed party members and most of the non evil party members in BG2 were really annoying! (The exceptions being Imoen, Mazzy, Keldorn and Haer Dalis).

18. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando. It's my favorite of the franchise, and it's aged incredibly well.

19. IToldKanjiklub

IToldKanjiklub Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2016
    Been playing Mirrors Edge Catalyst beta for a couple of days now...other than that, i might jump into another round of Knights Of The Old Republic, it has been years since i played through that game the last time.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Could never get the hype of games like that. It's one thing if you're into FPS games, but Mirror's Edge doesn't even involve shooting, right? I downloaded a demo of the original game on the PS3 and really couldn't get into it. I understand you're supposed to feel like it's some cheapened virtual reality game; but without the VR goggles you're staring at an awkward HD screen with disembodied hands and feet waving in front of you as you move around.

21. IToldKanjiklub

Apr 14, 2016

Yeah..Like you, I never liked the first one, i only tried this because my PR contact over at Microsoft wanted me to check it out (I'm a freelance game reviewer). It has awesome, awesome graphics!. But not my kind of game. And VR goggles in this game, are you kidding? lol [face_sick]

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Freelance game reviewer? Wow. Where can I get your job?

IToldKanjiklub likes this.
  23. IToldKanjiklub

Apr 14, 2016
    Lol, you tell me :S Nah, in all seriousness mostly because of Youtube. For one, I think it helps that youtube just now have started to become a popular media in my country when it comes to getting their products out there. So I pitched an idea to several game publishers, and here i am :)

Life and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

That's awesome. Once upon a time there was a local video game company not too far from my hometown that advertised for Game Testers to come in. It was barely an internship; maybe they paid a few dollars. But most of the kids just went there to play the latest games. The name of the company escapes me at this time; went out of business years ago.

25. IToldKanjiklub

Apr 14, 2016
    Haha, yeah. 10 years ago i would have done the same thing. Now betas are just as normal as a demo, if not even more normal..i haven't seen a lot of demos lately to be honest.