main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Probably gonna start up The Last of Us

2. Celidore

Celidore Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2015
    Disney Infinity 3.0. I'm playing with The Force Awakens playset :)

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  3. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Playing Assassin's Creed Revelations on my own, and Myst Online: Uru Live with a friend.

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

On which console? I have leveled characters carried over from PS3 onto PS4: Ahsoka, Leia, Sabine, and Rey.

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Just downloaded the standalone game, "Last of Us: Left Behind" from PSN. It's on sale for $5 in the store. I really had no intention of buying the original/full game, but this spinoff starring the young teenager looks interesting.

7. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    So you're playing it without having played The Last Of Us? Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii would not recommend that.

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I haven't started playing it yet; but I do plan on playing it before playing the main game. Is the game a sequel to the main game? I bought and played "Infamous: First Light" without ever having played either of the two games (well I do have the original game, but really got bored of it).

9. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Part of it is a prequel and part of it takes place in between two chapters of the main game. But even in the prequel sections of it there are references to things mentioned in the main game.

Oh, and there's kind of a big thing that happens at the end which may or may not leave you very confused if you haven't played the main game.

So yeah unless you absolutely don't care about the story or characters I really would not play Left Behind first. It is very much meant to be played after you've completed the main storyline.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I think you might consider me being among those that aren't particularly interested in the main story and other characters. Again, I wasn't planning on even downloading the spinoff game had it not been for the sale on PSN. Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks like you're spending most, if not all the time on the main game playing as the older dude. I wanted to play the game as the girl. Just like the Infamous spinoff game. I'd have bought Harley's story pack DLC off of Arkham Knight if I could play it as a standalone game.

11. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Infamous First Light is a prequel to Infamous Second Son, and can be played before it without worry.

Last of Us Left Behind is part prequel, part interquel. The interquel sequence has minor spoilers to the basic plot of part of the game, while the prequel sections are basically fine.

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Again, I don't mind that it would spoil the main game. I may never play it. I'm not usually one for these apocalyptic/zombie type games.

13. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Fair enough, though it does start In Media Res, so it may be a bit confusing.

14. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    FYI, you do get to play as Ellie in the main game (spoilers, I guess) but yes it's probably 90% as Joel.

I would disagree on the prequel section being okay simply for the ending where

they both get bit and decide they'll die together but of course we know that doesn't happen to Ellie because she's immune. Anyone who hadn't played the main storyline would be confused as to why she's still alive.

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Batman: Arkham Origins

16. WattoIsAJedi

WattoIsAJedi Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2016
    Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

Life likes this.
  17. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Gears of War 4

18. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Destiny. That sweet, sweet, sweet grind

19. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Well, since my pre-ordered copy arrived in the mail today, I am currently playing Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration Edition for PS4. I've played only a couple hours so far, but it was worth the extra year's wait. The graphics are phenomenal so far. Some of the controls are wonky, and I am so used to playing Assassin's Creed that I keep holding R2 as if I need to Free Run, but in ROTR it crafts arrows, wasting resources I might want for something else... hahaha

I said it 3 years ago, and I'll say it again... the new character design for Lara is amazing. She is gorgeous. Now, she's also still a main battle tank because she keeps taking obscene amounts of punishment and performs acrobatic stunts and melee combat moves like she's 100% healthy, but...

I'm ticked that I blew the chance to get the Challenge in the first map because I didn't realize there was a way to see what the challenge was. Probably sacrificed a lot of XP and a special item...

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I definitely plan on getting Rise eventually. I've really gotten hooked with the Tomb Raider games since Underworld came out for the PS2. I've played through Underworld, Anniversary, and the Reboot of the PS3.

Riven_JTAC likes this.
  21. patrickurrutia

patrickurrutia Jedi Master star 1

Feb 14, 2007
    I'm playing Tales of Graces F for my playstation 3 later tonight

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  23. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Battlefield 1. The single player is like how Ollivander described Voldemort: "he did great things — terrible, yes, but great.'" I have a feeling I won't walk away from this the same as I was. The multiplayer is pretty good though. I spent a few hours playing it last night.

24. Jtom2k

Jtom2k Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2016
    I can't believe all the old comments hahahaha, people have been here for ages.

Playing some Star Wars KOTOR, might also play some Battlefield 1!

25. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, I was playing the 2013 Tomb Raider on PS4.

Due to its absolutely deserving of eternal damnation to the fires of Gaming Hell QTEs, I'm not any more.