main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV What are you doing April 2nd?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Bleyd, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bleyd

Bleyd Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2002
    Well, after a very disappointing (and frustrating) conversation with the assistant manager at TRU. We're not trooping it. Most likely a bunch of us will meet VERY early morning at a Target. Pick up the limited edition Vader then hit Wally world form some outside tent fun. Wal-mart isn't doing the Star Wars thing but merely letting the companies use the grounds there. It sounded VERY unorganized so we'll most likley not wear armor but go as Jedi instead. However, depending on how many we can wrangle I might bring the ABS plastic out. If I do it'll be as a Sandtrooper as my sound system is hooked up to the pack and makes it easier to interact in public.

Will keep ya posted on locations and times.

2. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    I'll not be buying anthing that has to do with ROTS.

3. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Anthony and I are planning on camping out in front of TRU to get the exclusing figure.

4. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    which one, MD? When will you begin camping?

5. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    The TRU on Stephanie and Sunset. Not sure when we'll start, but I get offa work at 5pm, so some time after that ;)

6. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Well I will have to do a drive by. I MEAN, um, come visit you.

7. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Sorry to hear about the TRU being a disappointment, Bleyd. From what you said about TRU it looks like it'll be thier loss that the Garrison won't be trooping there. I will also avoid any TRU stores for a while. Even if I can't find any of the new figures on my want-list at Target or Wal-Mart. I was there last month and got a VOTC Boba Fett and Stormtrooper as they were on sale.

I definitely look forward to the Target Vader fig. Even though I'll be buying more figures and less books, I don't really have a big list of figures to get. Books won't sell out as quickly and I will get tempted to flip through them, lol :D . Gotta continue saving up for CIII---in about 3 weeks to go!

I heard that the EpIII Comics adaptation #1 was out on the racks and shelves early because it was considered a "periodical". Periodicals do not fall in the same category as actual "books", even the graphic novel( that has the exact same images as in the comics), are considered actual "books" and are under strict orders from LFL not to be sold until Apr 2.

8. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    A few from the Garrison have picked up some stuff from the New line at various stores. It's a hit or miss but they're out there. K-mart was the first but I think they got a memo. Wal-Mart has been the latest offenders but they might have got the memo as well. I picked up a set of the little people figures at Target.

We're going to the Target way up North and will visit the Wal-mart near Centennial and 215 afterwards.
    (702)338-5453 You can call my cell if you're in the area. Look for the Jedi and other various Star Wars characters. Depending on how many we meet up with I might be persuaded to put my sandtrooper suit on.

9. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    please be careful about posting spoilers. You had a comment there in your post that might be construed as a possible spoiler.

10. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    Talon- I think Bleyd meant the "Galactic Heroes" figures.
    EDIT: okay, maybe it was GrandMoffKevins' post?

Bleyd- Both locations are a bit far for me but I'll see if I can make it. I don't own a cell phone so i'll have to e-mail you the day before.

Nothing back from the 2 local news stations I contacted for the event. I remember Heidi Heyes from Fox 5 did something for the EpII one.

11. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    it was Bleyd. Galactic Heroes? cool. No prob! Staying spoiler free is making me paranoid.

12. Starr_Saberblade

Starr_Saberblade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2004
    I have this funny little geeky geek girl costume I thought I'd throw at you guys ((hehe)) I've warn it at Conventions before and ther Arizona 501 guys were great fun(I'll explain why in a sec)I call it the layed back Jedi costume (though people I meet say 'modern day jedi' or 'jedi on vactaion'

1 Big T-shirt
    2. torn up jeans
    3. ponytail and padawan braid ( I wear this all the time now lol)
    4 Jedi robe
    5 lightsaber ( I gots a toy one right now)

The vader for the AZ 501 walked up to me like 'big bad man' and I turned around hearing the voice effect I had a calm look (though every time I hear that effect my heart stops lol) I pulled out my toy lightsabe and 'ignighted' it he pulled out his hand ctafetd one but it had no blade. he hit it on his hand a couple times then sruged. I heard so bystanders laugh and he shoke my hand.

thats one of my favorite con memories ... funny thing is... 99% are with the AZ501 ^^

13. Starr_Saberblade

Starr_Saberblade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2004
    BLAH after I posted that I remberd the REAL reason I told the story and stuff... I want to 'test it on the real world' while chiling with people who like SW like me ^^. I would like to chill with you only catch is I need a ride and if I get one they'd have to get aprovle from my dear dad ((he's not a bad guy.. he'd just have to meet you. he's a geek to only he likes Star Trek more... my little brother to... we fight about which is better all the time ((I so win)) anyway any advice?????

14. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    what part of town do you live on?

15. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    Little people are the TYPE of figures. They're made for little kids. Toddlers and such. I picked up the millenium falcon and X-wing for my nephews when they came out. The Little people look like kid versions of the grownup characters. The EP1 Anakin is uber tiny as well as R2. Even Chewy has a little kid face and Maul isn't as scary. The EP3 characters you'll hafta see for yourself.

I know how alot of you are staying spoiler free so I would never ruin it for anyone.

After seeing the first 10 minutes of EP3 I will say you will NOT be disappointed and I'll leave it at that.

As for where we plan to meet? I think it was changed. We're meeting at The Target at Trop and Fort Apache. 5AM at the IHOP there and 6AM at Target. Afterwards we plan to hit Wally World. Quite a few of us are going as Jedi. (My Emperor isn't quite ready yet.) If that changes I'll be sure to post so check late Friday early Saturday before meeting up with us to be sure.

I'll have my cell with me the whole time so feel free to call me (702)338-5453 If you want to call Friday call me anytime all day long. Saturday After 5AM should be okay as I'll be on the road by then.

Hope to see some of you there. If you have a costume wear it. If you have a fanboy costume only wear that too.

MTFBWya

Tim

16. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    Bleyd- yeah I think those are the cute "Galactic Heroes" figures you are mentioning! I got a couple of those: Stormtroopers, Boba Fett/Dengar, Jango Fett/Kenobi.
    EDIT: again, very cool that you guys got to see the first 10 minutes of footage at ShoWest. :cool:
    No, I haven't seen any EpIIIs out though. Only EpIII stuff I've seen outside of the Sneak Previews and foodstuff where the LEGOS, some lightsabers w/ DVD, Gift Cards, and RISK. And the first issue of the EpIII comic book adaptation at Borders(my copy is still sealed up!).

Is there a new Target at Trop and Ft Apache that I'm unaware of? I know I go to the Super Wal-Mart there all the time.

PLAN= After watching "Sin City" at The Orleans, I'll kick back for a while and head to that Super Wal-Mart around 11pm. Go home and then meet up with you guys at the IHOP later on and then on to Target. :)
    SW Fanboy ATTIRE= I'll be wearing either my blue Aayla Secura fan-shirt or a black SW shirt. :D

Looking forward to meeting you all there.

I can't wait to see what the Burger King promotions look like!

17. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    We're still trying to get the logistics down. I'd like to see as many as possible at one place so I switched to something not so far North. I was planning on going to the one on Centennial but the one on Ft. Apache is closer. Not sure if there's a Target near there but I definately know there is a Wally World. Keep checking the board as if it changes again I'll post accordingly.
    If you can't find us I'll have my cell with me. (702)338-5453 so feel free to call me if you don't see us. I'm not wearing armor as I'll have a full car so look for a bunch of Jedi in one area. I'll have the dark hair with beard.

Tim Anadon

18. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    Change to the change to the change. We're going back to plan A. We're meeting 6AM at the Target past Centennial off the 215. After we get the limited Vader te plan is to hit Wally World down the road.

My number is(702)338-5453 if you get there and can't find us.

I'll be driving a White Expedition (think stormtrooper) with license plate TK002. If you find us you shouldn't be able to miss us as we'll be dressed as Jedi for this one.

Here's a map if you don't know the area.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=Hpw_ZOp_0To3hzf0BcUBfwebvR7zsLb3yGeJ&csz=las+vegas+NV&country=us

Afterwards we might caravan to a few other stores depending on how tired and hungry everyone is. If we go to TRU it'll be the one on Maryland or in Green Valley. The one at Meadows is a dive but that's just my opinion.

Hope to see ya there.

19. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    What happened to the red Stormtrooper Staff Car?

20. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    That belonged to Damien and it got totalled 2 years ago after Comic-con in San Diego. Fortunately it wasn't fatal and gave Damien an excuse to upgrade his Vader and for me to get a new set of trooper gear. (Blessing in disguise)

Here's a checklist to DL if you plan to go tomorrow. Be advised LOTS of MAJOR spoilers so don't clik unless you don't mind. It's a list of all the action figures being released and then some.

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/4-2-checklist.pdf

Game plan is to start in North Las Vegas at the Target off of Centennial and 215 @ 6AM.

Here's a map:

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=Hpw_ZOp_0To3hzf0BcUBfwebvR7zsLb3yGeJ&csz=las+vegas+NV&country=us&new=1&name=&qty

After that we plan to hit the WalMart on Centennial and then the one on Rainbow and Cheyenne.

If everyone is up to it we'll swing by TRU on Maryland parkway. I heard there is something going on at Fashion Show so if by then folks are STILL not burnt out we'll swing by there too.

Danakin, Obi-Dan, my kids and several others will be there in Jedi attire so even if you don't have a costume come on over for some fun and we can all geek out together. Bring a camera, take lots of pix.

It'll be a long day but I'm sure it'll be fun. Already have a hole burnt in my pocket and I haven't even got there yet. Hope to see lots of you there.

Oh MTFBWya.

Tim Anadon
    (702)338-5453

21. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    we are going to be at...A certain walmart but we arnt going to tell you guys where. [face_laugh]

dkt

22. GoBleepYourself

GoBleepYourself Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2005
    I'm skipping the toy frenzy this time around. I'll be at KXNTs open audition at the Suncoast. I've still got a stash of toys n' things I ordered from toys.com back in '99 that I haven't even checked out!

23. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    "I'll be at KXNTs open audition at the Suncoast."

what is that?

24. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    The toys are great and the Target exclusive figure is sweet. Some of the folks were rediculous but that's to be expected. What we didn't pick up at Target we got at Wal-Mart. The folks at the tent were great. Afterwards we hit Toys R Us and I picked up a 12" of one of the villains there. Had to modify it a bit to get it to do what I want but it's now sitting in my den next to a couple of my other villains.

The funniest part is when we came in costume is when one of the employees asked who Danakin and Obi-Dan were. We pointed at a bunch of the posters and said see those guys? They replied.......... "Oh my God they look just like them! Who are you people, where did you come from, did you buy those costumes, where can I get one?"

If I wasn't so derned tard I'd go again tomorrow but I need to remember to conserve my energy we have alot of stuff going on.

Got to meet a few folks I've never had the pleasure of meeting. Megan had a blast with ya and I'm glad you and Danakin's gal hit it off so well. I'm sure the 2 of you can pass on some good tips. BTW, the costume you mentioned making of a certain female. Any idea what you're making the belt out of? I might have some vinyl that looks like leather. I made a holster out of some of it years ago. It's also kinda like what Josh's Anakin costume is like too. Let me know how much ya need so I can see if I have enough.

Not next Saturday but the following on the 16th Neon City Garrison will be doing an appearance for a Shadetree fundraiser at the Harley Davidson Shop. I'll post more if anyone wishes to stop by or help out.

MTFBWya

Tim

25. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    bleyd- sorry I could not make it in time to meet up with you guys at the 215/Cheyenne Target or the Wal-mart right across that. Had some errands I had to do with my sister and nephew although we did hit those stores around 0930-1000am.

Later on I went around to look the ARC Commander and Blue Senate Guard at other places, before heading to an afternoon co-worker's birthday BBQ, but no dice. Any luck finding these 2 figures?

That last bit you mentioned about Danakin and Obi-Dan was really cool. :) Its always great to read stories like that.

For the Harley Davidson gig, what about those of us without costumes?

EDIT: btw what did fashion Show Mall have? Their figures are a bit expensive but if I can find what I'm looking for maybe--- :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.