main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV What are you doing April 2nd?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Bleyd, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bleyd

Bleyd Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2002
    Yes, we did find the guards. I know the owner at Toys in the Attic and he pulled out one of the guards out and let my son have him. Lucky kid, huh?

As for Fashion Show they have all the Gentle Giant and Clone Wars cartoon cells. Mostly high end stuff like that but they also have the new line of toys as well. The guy I spoke to also said they will be carrying ALL of the Master Replica stuff. The figures are marked up but we found some stuff we couldn't find there. Megan picked up a model of the Falcon and I found this cool R2D2 bank that I thought was a gentle giant one but cost hundreds less.

They plan to keep the shelves stocked for as long as possible. They will also have the new trooper helmets that will be coming out as well.

As for the Shadetree thing at Harley it's a silent auction and we plan to troop it to get folks there. For those that plan to swing by sans costume? We always can use a photographer or you can be that person that picks up a piece of armor. (We can't bend much in the suits.) If there are too many people wranglers help too. Most of the guys are veterans so the need for wranglers aren't as important as the picture taking guy. We usually bring cameras but are never able to take them when we don the helmets.

I'll have more info. next week as we're doing a movie night for the kids.

Tim

2. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Bleyd- That's really cool you were able to get a Blue Senate Guard figure for one of your sons, even if it was at a hobby specialty shop and not at the retail stores. I've read about people in the mid-west(smaller areas) either finding plenty of Blue and not enough Red or just the opposite. Must be a regional thing but eventually they'll show up later here as was the case in past figures. Only luck I got today was the Clonetrooper Cups at a regular Target. Basic Figures were marked down to $5 bucks. :)

Only book I got was the Scrapbook one for sketch references I'm doing for free at CIII.
    Haven't seen any Burger King or 7-11 SW stuff yet.

I have a digi-cam so I'll be glad to take some photos of you guys at the Harley Davidson troop the following week. I don't have anything planned (that I know of) for that day

3. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    I thought Burger King and 7-Eleven would be doing their EpIII promos as well but that won't be until next month around May 16 or so :p

4. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    I got this really cool master replica's hilt from best buy....i didn't even know they were having them...but it's pretty sweeet if i do say so myself...even though it's relaly tiny.

5. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    I hit a couple other Targets, Wal-Marts, Fashion Show Mall and a TRU this week but still haven't found the coveted Blue Senate guards. I was reading that they will show up eventually, as well as the other figures #'s 33-up.

Was even tempted to sneak a peak at the new books: Visual Dictionary(which I may have to eventually for references), the Making of, and Art of but hopefully I can still holdout until after the movie's release. I already have the Scrapbook to sketch from...

6. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    This coming weekend Neon City Garrison will be visiting Wal-Mart once again. We'll be there from opening til noon. If you missed out on anything last time, this would be an opportune time to check it out. It's the one on West Charleston. Not sure if they'll have the early bird certificate but it wouldn't hurt to check. I apologize I cannot give anyone a ride as I will be very short on time as I have a previous engagement immediately following the event. It will be the same tent event as last weekend. Sorry it's such short notice we just found out ourselves.

Tim

7. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    Another Tent Event opportunity? Oh yeah, I should be there then! From opening til noon?. I take it this is a regular Wal-Mart? Also, is this nation-wide?

as for missing stuff, I have seen every figure available enough for everyone except my coveted Blue Senate Guard so they better be there, lol.
    I'd like that ARC-170(not the LEGO) this time too. ;)
    Only seen one at a Target but the stickers and booklets were missing.

EDIT: I'm going to check out this Aloha festival weekend at the Cannery right after.

8. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    Couldn't believe they still had so many early bird certificates. I picked up 3 sets. Plan to mail them all in and put 'em up on E-bay like the rest of the bandwagon jumpers.
    Guess I'd jump off a bridge too if it was the majority. (LOL)

Dude! It was a pleasure meeting you. Next time we might even meet face to face. Course sometimes that takes years. I knew the Southern California Garrison for 3 years before anyone ever knew what I looked like. I was in Darth Maul makeup everytime we met and sometimes wore it for days.

Had a blast at Wally World and the Children's shelter was fun too. ALthough I was so beat I fell asleep during part of the movie there.

Checked Best buy for an exclusive lightsaber but they were sold out. Check rebel scum but be warned it IS a spoiler. I instead ordered it online and it should be here in a few weeks. MartyBrandt did a fine job of recreating that same saber as a gift for me. Thanks again dude. He does some darn fine work. You should see his non-spoiler Skywalker costume with ROTJ stunt saber of his own design. (sweetness.)

9. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    Bleyd- it was great finally meeting up with you and everybody that showed. Cool experience and glad to have seen firsthand you guys make all the kids' day there. I'm sure they had a real blast.
    Marty did have a great EPIII Anakin costume and it was cool to see (Obi)Dan again. It was cool to talk more about ShoWest and Stormtrooper armor. Had a great chat with Ray and Tony.

The Early Bird Certificate was a cool deal but I had to pass on them. I was a bit bummed about the small amount of action figures there and did not find the Blue Senate Guards I was hoping for. Did find 2 Red guards but passed on them. And still no ARC-170 except lots of LEGO versions.
    Only stuff I bought were some retail Topps EpIII cardpacks(no sketchcards since they are only found in hobby packs) and a Coloring Book for me refer to.

10. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    Always a blast meeting everyone. Went to TRU and picked up a few of the yoda's. Spoke to a few of you but I bet you didn't know it was me. (It's the dark and mysterious side of me.) I had on my "Blue Harvest" shirt and "Wested" Indy jacket.

If you've met me before I'm not bald anymore but I might shave it off if I plan to wear Maul anytime soon. Who was that with the chair at TRU?

Tim

11. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    I thought that was you in civvies picking up some Early Bird Certificates after it was decided that the gig was over...didn't catch the Blue Harvest shirt but did make out a Spider-Man cap to go with your leather jacket?

I forgot to mention about finally seeing the big, dark "Vader's Staff Car". Fantastico! :cool:

12. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    Oh yeah, I did have on my "Got armor" shirt when I went back in. My hair was pretty jacked from the helmet. LOTS of certificates left over and I stopped by several other Wal-MArts and saw some on the shelves still.

Too bad they were so stingy with the Yoda's. That's the one I would have liked several of.

13. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    The TRU Yoda or the new Call Upon Yoda? I got the latter. Very cool.

Didn't see any "Top Gun" Anakin at TRU.

At Target, saw some Kenobi Collector Cup figs but no more Clone Trooper ones. I bought the last 2 Clone Cups at same Target day after Midnight Madness.

14. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    The TRU Yoda. I have the animatronic version when they first released it but I hear this new one tells story. I hope they improved on the latex as the eyelid on mine tore.

15. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    The new "Call Upon Yoda" is pretty wicked. I don't have the previous one but its supposed to be a bit more improved.

Yay!! I just happened to find 2 Blue Senate Guards at a Target. Finally :) Actually spotted them looking straight at me while in the register line, lol. I was hoping I'd see them sooner or later...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.