main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What are you doing on Thursday?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by K-Dub_Solo, Apr 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-Dub_Solo

K-Dub_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    For those of us arriving Thursday, what do you plan on doing? I am staying at the Downtown Courtyard, so I am within walking distance to the NCAA Headquarters and museum, the Indianapolis Zoo, the National Congretional Medal of Honor Memorial, the minor league baseball stadium and the entire River Walk complex. I will get there around 10 a.m. so I am going to try to do a few things done. I would also really like to head over to the Indy Motor Speedway if at all possible. It is like a 8 mile cab ride. At the speedway, they have their own museum and you can take a van ride around the track for $3!

2. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    I haven't the faintest idea what I'll be doing that day. My flight arrives around 1:30 and I still don't know if I'm going to check a bag so I won't have a ton to take back home with me in my carry-on...so I might get stuck at baggage claim (always a pain in the butt).

But, I do know that my roomies and I will probably be having dinner together (since it may be the only time we get to do so the entire weekend).

3. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Depending on what time I can get my buddies to leave on Thursday, we should be in Indy somewhere between 6 and midnight. We may not actually have time do anything except sleep and get psyched for Friday!

4. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    I think we are arriving early thursday and i am trying to convince everyone into going to the speed way or the zoo....I am going to check the speedway website to see if it will be open for tours and check the prices for the zoo and make a decision...Perhaps we could make it a group outing.

5. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Well good news for me is that I found out this morning that I can have a half day on Thursday, so I'm working until about noon. I'll probably go home, make sure the place is tidy because I may have some guests and take a quick nap before either going down to the convention center and work on some things there or go to a hospital visit.

6. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Well with any luck I should be rolling into Indianopolis sometime mid- to late-afternoon Thursday. I was planning on hitting the Art of Starfighter Exhibit at the Childrens Museum when I got into town. I have wanted to check out this traveling exhibit for sometime now. There are a few other things I would like to see or do in Indianopolis, but since I am not sure exactly when I will be getting into town, I think this would make a very appropriate "appetizer" for the events kicking off Friday morning. I think CII is going to offer more than enough to keep busy for all the hours its open. I havent heard about anything going on Thursday night yet, would be up for something thats for sure. I always was one of those kids who couldnt get to sleep Christmas Eve.

7. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I'll be working setup at the Convention Center from 8-5...if I don't pass out from exhaustion or fanaticism, then I'll probably go home drink a brew-ha-ha and go into a Qui-Gonn-esque meditation preparing myself for the following 3 days. :D

8. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    sebulba-X you are so lucky to be able to be behind the scenes for that........that is not going to seem like work I dont believe. ;)

Strawbary

9. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Most of Thursday for me will be spenting getting to Indy, but once I'm there I'll meet up with my roommates and who knows what we'll do. :)

~*~Bria

10. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    I should be getting into Indy sometime Thursday afternoon. No idea what I'm gonna do yet though, except maybe cruise around the town checking out the sites.

WRT those that plan on bringing stuff back. You may just want to try shipping it back home. That's what I plan to do. That way I don't have to worry about checking it in at the airline.

11. MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    I will be flying in from LA that afternoon, connecting through Chicago. I'm just going to head for my digs (Crowne Plaza) and settle in, adjust to the time change and set as many alarm clocks as allowed by law so I can be ready to go in the morning!

12. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    My fiance and I are coming up early on Thursday, which gets us in about 7:00pm or so. I know that a few folks from the our Fan Force are meeting up possibly. Not exactly sure yet, but I'm always game for dinner, if someone else is.

Lotus!

13. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Wow congrats on city rep Lotus! :)

I am not sure what we are up to. Possibly dinner, then a quick swim and then plenty of rest for friday!
    CANT WAIT !!!!
    :)

Strawbary

14. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    I'm arriving in Indy on Wed afternoon and staying at Embassy Suites. By the time that Thursday roll around, I should be familiar w/ the area surrounding the convention center. Was planning on checking out the Art of Starfighter exhibit on Thursday afternoon. Does anybody know if it's worth checking out? I wouldn't mind meeting other people come Thursday evening. I'm going to the FanForce party on Friday night so I could meet other people who are interested in SW like me.

15. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    We'll be arriving there around 1 to 2ish in the afternoon. Now that someone mentioned the speedway, maybe we'll head out there and see if for $5 we can take the car on the track. Heck, it's a rental. "Do you want insurance?" "Yes, because I'm going to beat the hell out of it."

As for the evening, maybe meet up with friends, maybe watch Return of the Jedi on Fox, there's supposed to be a new trailer... And obviously scout out how to get to the convention center from the hotel.

16. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    I'll be with Sebulba on Thursday, so I suppose that means I need to go out and have some drinks as well! Darn... ;)

17. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    And I'll be taking over after whopimp...I mena whojedi gets done witht he setup. I'll probably come in early, though.

The Art of the Starfighter is really cool, although most of the exhibit is the Starfighter itself. Most of the stuff in the exhibit is tuned to kids cause it's well at the Children's Museum. There is a TIE Fighter and X-wing model, the Starfighter game, a short documentary that plays in a loop, a trivia game (mostly on kids level), and a few other kid type things. They do have some halloween costumes where you or your kids can dress up like a Jedi or Queen Amidala (queen is child sized, sorry!)

It's really neat, but I'm biased cause I'm there every weekend. if you are interested in the Starfighter, go see it.

18. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    My little band is hoping to hit the Children's Museum (for the Starfighter exhibit of course...yeah, that's the ticket) and the Zoo.
    I'm in the Crowne if anyone wants to hook-up/hang out with a few people from MA.

-Dex

19. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Anyone know if there are midnight shows for Spider-Man. It would be cool to get that out of the way before all the Star Wars festivities begin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.