main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What are you listening to now/What was the last CD you bought?

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by TheBoogieMan, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordDarthUmbrus

LordDarthUmbrus Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I enjoy Hip-Hop when its mixed with other styles. Its like adding pepper to something, it spices it up, but you can't live on a steady diet of it.

Currently I'm getting a kick out of the Gorillaz. I just heard their new single 'Dare'. A very cool song. Dan "The Automator" Nakamura manages to blend Blur's Damon Albarn version of Duran Duran with P Diddy. Interesting.

Demon Dayz is a real strange record, but fun. I'm thinking of going out and purchasing it come November 1st along with my copy of ROTS.

2. master-of-les-pauls

master-of-les-pauls Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 16, 2005
    my lord umbrus if you like dare you should listen to dirty harry of demon days, talk about funky!

the last cd i bought was.......... led zepplin physical graffiti and the subways young for eternity

what am i listing to my i pod at the mo dusty sprigfeild son of a preacher man

3. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Wasn't that song in Pulp Fiction?

"World" is a funny genre name. ;)

Well, all I hear in rap is a bunch of off-key chanting, repetitive rhythms and beats, and lyrics about killing gang members, going to a party and/or getting high/drunk/laid, and nasty stuff about girls/women, always degrading them. I stay away from that stuff as much as possible. HOWEVER... I do like the Star Wars Gangsta Rap song. ;)

Listening to "One I Love" by Coldplay. Got it off of iTunes, it's an exclusive. It's a good song. :)

4. master-of-les-pauls

Jan 16, 2005
    yep thats the one , now im on to pj harvey this is love, i love my i pod

5. LordDarthUmbrus

Sep 24, 2004
    I love my I-Pod too, MOLP. I got the smaller fashion accessory one, the I-Pod Shuffle. Its a fun little toy.

Currently I'm listening to 'Prayers For Rain' by the Cure.

Its Halloween after all.

6. master-of-les-pauls

Jan 16, 2005
    thats the same one i have my lord, im listening to johny cash cocaine, gotta love the man in black

7. LordDarthUmbrus

Sep 24, 2004
    My IT friend just showed me his base version I-Pod. He can hold 60 GB on it. I sat for about 10 minutes just scrolling through categories!

I haven't enough money to buy that much music and I don't pirate so my 1 GB I-Pod is sufficient for my purpose.

Also,

I've found that if you wear your I-Pod Shuffle you will get innumerable comments from the Ladies wondering what you have in there. :p

8. master-of-les-pauls

Jan 16, 2005
    yeah your right thats a hell of a lot of music,my i pod is 1.5 g and thats plenty for me

i tend to change the track listing on mine all the time

9. LordDarthUmbrus

Sep 24, 2004
    My playlists are usually set up according to what mood I'm in.

This month I have my Goth playlist going in honor of Halloween.

10. master-of-les-pauls

Jan 16, 2005
    im very random i have old motown hard rock

this is the kind of artist i have on my playlist

johny cash pj harvey the strokes led zepplin ac dc marvin gaye metelica the smiths oasis

im a random person

11. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    I have an iPod Mini. Tis nice. :) I have a BUNCH on there, over 500 (and I don't pirate, unless you consider downloading Star Wars Fan Songs pirating), and I've just gotten past halfway on the storage. :D I also get Podcasts too.

Listening to Somewhere Around Nothing by Apocalyptica.

12. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm listening to the new Violent Femmes Album right now, well the hidden tracks on the Very Best of CD anyway. It's not bad, it's not real great either though.

13. Darth_-A0shi-

Darth_-A0shi- Jedi Master star 4

Jan 8, 2005
    I'm listening to THe Trinity by Sean Paul, and Barrio Fino by Daddy Yankee, also American Idiot by Greenday. Mad diverse.

14. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, that's a good analogy. I tend to agree.

Do you mean Clint Eastwood? Maybe they are two different songs, but I really love Clint Eastwood. So cool.

Ah, yes, fair enough. This is what I mean by all the bad artists getting exposed. I HATE this type of rap music. It is juvenile and uninteresting, and most importantly, unmusical. If you ever feel brave enough to try some good rap, you should try Ozomatli, some of Jurrassic Five, Ms Dynamite and Michael Franti. None of that music is about degrading women, in fact a lot of it is speaking out about how mainstream rap music degrades women and is an insult to normal human's intelligence.

Oh, and it's musical. :p

Currently, I'm listening to the Godfather Soundtrack.

15. Darth_-A0shi-

Darth_-A0shi- Jedi Master star 4

Jan 8, 2005
    If you like Hip Hop and Rock mixed, get Collision Course, which is Jay-Z and Linkin Park mixed together its really amazing, this one guy I used to work with hates rap but he loves this cd. Its a good buy.

16. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, I've heard that CD. It's clever, yeah, but there is one small problem: I hate both Linkin Park and Jay Z with a passion. Sorry. :p

17. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    I used to like Linkin Park, but I don't anymore. They just seemed like a fad for a while. Their first CD was good, but then they just went into more rap stuff. I've lost interest in them.

18. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    Right now I am listening to George Thorogood's "Bad to the bone".

19. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Currently listening to the Dr. Zhivago soundtrack. Great film, great music.

My second favourite film of all time.

20. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    I'm listening to Transylvanian Concubine by Rasputina. They're a creepy band that does lots of interesting songs with a goth tone to them. You'll have to hear them, VERY interesting. They're from the US, and they play their songs by cellos. Not like Apocalyptica, but the cellos still sound interesting. And the vocals are pretty creepy too...

21. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Right now I'm listening to Bryn Terfel, he's my favourite singer, one of few actually that I buy a new CD from as soon as I see it in a store.

22. LordDarthUmbrus

Sep 24, 2004
    I'm listening to an enhanced MIDI file of the theme from Swan Lake that I put through Quicktime and then enhanced and made into a MP3. :p

Hi, I'm wierd.

23. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Last CD bought: Danny Elfman's Batman Score

Listening to: Star Wars. "Imperial Attack" right now

24. master-of-les-pauls

Jan 16, 2005
    once again im lisning to my i pod and its jimmy eat world the middle

25. MASTERANNIE

MASTERANNIE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    last cd i bought....[face_thinking] ... a beautiful lie by 30 seconds to mars

right now i'm listening to across the stars (aotc)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.