main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What are you more looking forward to, the next movie or Hardcover?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by loser_fett, Mar 8, 2002.

?

What are you more looking forward to, the next movie or Hardcover?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Attack of the Clones: The books are great and all, but the movie is where its at.

22.2%
  2. Destiny's Way: AOTC looks cool, but I wanna see if Anakin's(Solo) coming back and what happens to th

13.9%
  3. Why choose? I'll do both

61.1%
  4. Neither. I'm not a Star Wars fan. What the heck am I doing here?

2.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loser_fett

loser_fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2001
  2. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    The books are great, but the Movies are EXCELLENT!!

Where would the EU be without the movies!

3. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    With the movie coming in May I'm more excited for it but I'm was as excited about the movie as I am about the HC#4 around the same timeframe so I would say I am equally excited about both. I will probably see the movie a few hundred times before HC#4 even comes out so I'll be fine.

4. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    I'm actually more excited about Allston's new books than I am about the new hardback, so the race between the hardback and the new movie is a no brainer. But why choose? Both for me.

5. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    i'm not really looking forward to another NJO hard cover because i'm too cheap to buy them...which means i'm out of the loop for a year while waiting for it to come out in paperback and let me read the 2-4 paperbacks that were releaseed in that year...i haven't gotten to SBS yet...and won't for a while......on the other hand...EP2...is well on its way...and i don't need to wait for it to come out on DVD to see it......but don't get me wrong...i really like the NJO...

6. palpatineson

palpatineson Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2001
    You really shouldn't have put that third option there if you could avoid it because now you wont really see who wants to see the movie more than read the book or vice versa.

If I had to choose, I would actually choose the book because I enjoy reading the new SW books as soon as they come out while it is a rarity that I am able to watch movies as soon as they come back and I enjoy getting feedback on them before I go and see them.

By the way, is N'Sync still in AotC or not. If they are, I'm might not even watch the movie because of how much I hate them, but if Lucas really did cut them then I will go and enjoy every little bit of that movie.

Oh, and by the way, I did see TPM on the first showing at my good theater here and I plan on standing in line for tickets again this time around.

7. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    By the way, is N'Sync still in AotC or not. If they are, I'm might not even watch the movie because of how much I hate them

*Shakes head*

8. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I dont like the preqauls, never will, I say Allstons books...

9. BaronReno

BaronReno Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2001
    I gotta agree, Allston's books have me more excited than the prequel movies. But then, I was always one of the few who spoke out against making them...

I know nothing of Destiny's Way, so I can't really say I'm more excited about that than I am Ep. 2. I would need details of what it's about before I could make a fair choice.

10. palpatineson

Dec 7, 2001
    Don't judge me ReaperFett. I'm a hardcore rocker who wants Britney Spears to drowned in pepsi and N'Sync and the Backstreet Boys to be hung by their- well, lets just say a sensative area.

11. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    I will judge anyone who really cares that 3/5 of a band will be in the background, not saying a word, just being there.

12. palpatineson

Dec 7, 2001
    Obviously I do. As well as every SW fan in my school.

13. BaronReno

BaronReno Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2001
    Obviously I do. As well as every SW fan in my school. >>

Then pardon my arbitrary judgement here, but you guys are seriously overreacting. Whats funny is that you wouldn't have even noticed they were there had it not been pointed out and made a publicity thing. They just would've been 3 extras in the far background who spoke no lines and who you didn't even recognize because you're too busy watching the main characters.

THAT is why people who care that they're in the movie get a bad rep. What's the friggin' big deal?

I'll let people complain when they start doing synchronized lightsaber attacks and start huge song and dance routines, and the posters say "Attack of the Clones", staring N'Sync!

Otherwise you really have no basis for complaining about 3 uncredited extras in a background shot of a movie.

14. Lance_Bass

Lance_Bass Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2002
  15. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Sorry, but that's just stupid. If they even are in the movie, it would be for a couple seconds at most. To not see a great movie because of that is juvenile. Besides, I for one wouldn't even recognize them if I did see them. If you can you are either, a) a closet fan or b) too brainwashed by pop culture to turn off Mtv when you see them. In either case I have little sympathy.

EDIT: Your profile says you're 15. What bands do you like, hardcore rocker?

16. ron corless

ron corless Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 1999
    I am looking forward to Episode II. But I'm looking forward more to Destiny's Way because I want to see what the Vong,the NJO including my favorite heroes are going to do next. I hear DW will be the turning point in the battle against the Vong. Maybe the NR will start to take back planets from the Vong.

But I can't wait to see Obi-Wan fly his Jedi Starfighter or to see hundreds of Jedi swinging all their different colored lightsaber blades in AOTC.

17. Anakin1607

Anakin1607 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    *steps in with ingnited lightsaber*

Hey hey! There will be no talk of drowning Britany Spears in Pepsi. It doesn't matter that she can't sing and is engaged to another man, she's way too hot to go that way. ;)

18. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    haha "Don't judge me" "I'm a hardcore rocker"

You're also too laughable to take seriously.

19. palpatineson

Dec 7, 2001
    Why exactly is that laughable?

For some reason, I don't see why that is so funny to you. The fact that I enjoy heavy metal and want to see all pop stars die in some absolutely horrendous way is not funny to me.

Also, my definition of pop means boy/girl groups like Backstreet Boys and Dream and single artists like Enrique Iglasius and Christina Agulera. I do not include bands like Hoobastank and Godsmack who are popular but actually either know how to sing or have good songs.

20. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Wow, this really degenerated rather quickly didnt it ? Yet another shining example of how threads can so easily get off topic.

Anyway, to answer your question, loser_fett, I am looking forward to AotC alot more than HC4, mostly for the reason that the film is imminent whereas the books is still a ways off. But, that is not to say that Im not looking forward to HC4... :D

21. DaJames2

DaJames2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2002
    At the moment, i'm leaning a lot more toward Ep 2 than DW, but that does not mean i will not buy it in a very excited mood then get terribly disappointed when i find that they've printed the next e-book in the PB version ;)

I usually get excited over exciting things that are really close by. At the moment, i'm getting wound up about Rebel Dream, then i'll shift into Ep 2 mode, then return to NJO in about August. 3 months should give me enough time to memorise every single thing in that movie :)

22. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    I do not include bands like Hoobastank and Godsmack who are popular but actually either know how to sing or have good songs.

Sing? Have good songs?

To each their own.

Personally, I like all different types of music ( including a couple from N'Stink and Britney ), but I grew out of the popular tirade of hating them for their mere existence. I can listen to that music, but enjoying it and and realizing its musical credibility is entirely different. As it is, I listen to other types of music much more often, by artists more musically capable than having 10 producers concoct a pop song.

Back on topic...

Movies and books. Movie leads the way by several thousand hefty points, in my book.

23. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I voted "Neither. I'm not a Star Wars fan. What the heck am I doing here?"

//runs out of thread in fear of being lynched :p

24. NikeSkylark

NikeSkylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 20, 2002
    hey, i voted with you admiral_thrawn60 :D i would've voted for destiny's way but i didn't agree with what was written after it.

Destiny's Way: AOTC looks cool, but I wanna see if Anakin's(Solo) coming back and what happens to the rest of my fav. characters.

i DON'T wanna see if anakin solo comes back to life. this is NOT the x-men. once characters die they are DEAD. i'll be very upset if anakin miraculously comes back to life

~NiKe SKyLaRK~

25. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    Anakin died? :eek:

Crap... forgot this board has spoilers. Oh well. Not planning to read the NJO anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.