main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA What are you most proud of?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TieDyeWookie, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TieDyeWookie

TieDyeWookie Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    I was just wondering what Star Wars item you have you are the most proud of owning, or are the most fond of.

For me it's that life-Size Han Solo in Carbonite, followed buy my photo of Alec Guinness and George Lucas that is signed by both. I've also got a few exclusive action figures like the silver anniversary R2-D2 that is all silver and the ghost of Obi-Wan Kenobi mail in exclusive.

Recently on eBay I got the 12" Han Solo with him in the carbonite block.

2. Ithorian

Ithorian Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2000
    Oooo. . . Guinness & Lucas autographs. . . I am seriously jealous. . .

I guess my favorite (for sentimental reasons) would have to be the beat-up old poster of Artoo and Threepio I've had since I was a kid, and still hangs on my wall today. I think it was a giveaway poster from Kenner way back in the day. I've never looked it up.

Beyond that, nothing stands out. I don't have any huge items. My most expensive is the interactive Artoo, which I get a kick out of. I'm not an avid collector, I just buy what I enjoy.

3. Zoomer

Zoomer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    I have so many things and I love them all, but right now I'm really enjoying Anakin's lightsaber that I bought Sunday. It's so cool!!

Now I just need someone to "spar" with...

Zoomer

4. TieDyeWookie

May 21, 2005
    I have an interactive R2-D2 as well. I get a great bunch of laughs from that. My parakeet actually reacts to it. If I say certain things that make R2 whistle a certain way my parakeet will either imitate it or just start whistling at random.

When I was with my wife my R2 would drive the dogs nuts. I would send it "on patrol" and it would chase the dogs down. They hated it. I loved it.

5. Phoonzang

Phoonzang Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    One or two items stand out for me. Either my Omni R2-d2 shampoo display from the early 80's or my lifesize Anakin Mannequin. :) looks just like Anakin from attack of the clones.

Probably one of the more stupid things I have that I'm proud of is something i picked up the other day. The Legos vader operating room toy or vader tater. I thought it was kinda funny and cute so i picked it up.

Phoonzang

6. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    My 6ft stand up Boba Fett...

Yep - he's just too cool!

(95% of my modest collection is Fett stuff.)

:p

7. Dotanis

Dotanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2002
    Nothing brings me more joy than my star wars fridge magnet...
    Seriously though I'm not a big collector. I watch the movies, play the games, and read the books but that's about as far as I go. To each their own folks.
    =)
    -Dot

8. Wraith_wolf

Wraith_wolf Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2005
    /chuckle Im a pretty big collector, although my Star Wars collection is a little thin atm, as I sold most of my vintage stuff to buy my engagement ring. I have a few signed pictures, but most are from the new series, Mara Jade, Taun We, and the like. I have a signed Boba Fett figure, a signed Jawa figure, and a couple other, but probably of the signatures, my pride and joy of my collection, and of all my collection in fact is a 1982 Topps chrome card of Yoda and Luke signed by Frank Oz. =)

I still have most of the Hoth stuff, both vintage and recent, as that is my all time favorite Star Wars scene. I also have a complete collection of what was known as the "micro Collection" of Star Wars figures, which were the forerunners to the modern micro machines figures, but what made these so cool was that all the figures were all metal.

I am quite envious of the Alec Guinness autograph. I was working on getting one of those myself, but they were difficult to get even before he had passed away, as he did not seem to do many autographs. That is quite an item indeed!

9. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    My fullsize cardboard sutouts off a stormtrooper and Vader from walmart advertising the release of the DVD OT and BattleFront....

10. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    My collection is so hit and miss. I collect stuff that means something to me more that entire series of this and that. I would have to say that my interactive R2 is the most fun item in my collection. My Darth Vader replica saber hilt made by icons and my autograph collection (thought I dont have that really awsome Alec Guinness autogragh you have!) are the top of my list.

11. DARTH_DRACONIS

DARTH_DRACONIS Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    My interactive R2 is great but so is the new Vader mask, you know the one that makes sound fx. But strangely the one thing I cherish the most is a pillow case. I got the case back when Empire came out and my mother knew I was a big Vader and Fett fan(I always liked the bad guys)and generally got me their stuff. Well my Mom cleaned house and he pillow case was given away by accident to a freind of the family. Well years latter we all went on a family vacation and they had brought the pillow case as a spare. When I saw it I instantly recognized it and they said by all means take it back. The case has Vader and the Executor on one side and Fett on the other.

12. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    *is jealous of the Fett pillow case*

:p

13. TieDyeWookie

May 21, 2005
    I thought I'd post this so I could share my prized collection with you all.

[image=http://members.aol.com:/head4trauma/hansolo.gif]

Hope you loved it.

14. Zoomer

May 22, 2005
    Man, that is SOOO cool !! Can you tell the story behind how you got that?

Zoomer

15. TieDyeWookie

May 21, 2005
    Yea. I'll tell the story. My best friend and best man at my wedding got it for me for my wedding gift. I'm currently going through a divorce by the way.

Anyway, he knows a guy in Orlando FL who makes replica movie props. He was contracted to make 20 of these Han Solo replicas for the Plantet Hollywood restaurants. Lucasfilms actually loaned him the molds that were used to make the original props for Empire and Jedi. So it's an EXACT duplicate of those props. He made a couple extra and I got one. So there are like 22 of these in existance. I have one, Planet Hollywood has 20 and there's one more floating around out there. I'm guessing the guy who made them has one.

Well, that's the story. In a nutshell, it didn't cost me a dime. My friend finally admitted he paid over $1000 for it. But it's my prized Star Wars possession.

Bryan

16. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Thats awsome!

I always wanted one, but I would have to settle for one thats not an exact replica like that one :) I would have to go with something like the Lego version.

There was a company that made life size replicas of Solo in carbonite called Illusive Concepts a while back, but I can't afforid one of those either :)

17. TieDyeWookie

May 21, 2005
    How much were the Illusive Concepts version? I searched them online and found the web site but there was no mention of price or if there were any available. I would be curious to see how much these things are. I know Illusive Concepts only made so many. Sort of like how I've got 1 out of 22 or 23 made. I'm also dying to go to a Planet Hollywood to see one on display.

18. Zoomer

May 22, 2005
    That's quite a friend to get spend that much money for you. That's probably one of the most unique things I've seen in anyone's collection.

Thanks for sharing.

Zoomer

19. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    I'm not sure how much the Illusive Concepts ones did go for, Ive seen them for like $2k on the net not too long ago though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.