main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohio What are you reading currently?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jade-Walker, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Toby: I agree with you about Jedi Trial. When I read it, I was sooo excited! Corran's grandfather! This should be good! Anakin and Nejja Halcyon (or whatever his name was) teamed up. Both with secret wives. Awesome! They could form a bit of a bond.
    NOPE
    Instead it seemed like the book went absolutely nowhere. Very disappointing. [face_plain]

If you haven't read all of the NJO, Toby, I'd just start with the Swarm Wars series by Denning. Or perhaps the last NJO book and go from there. The Swarm Wars series was good as well. :)

2. jasconsolojediknight

jasconsolojediknight Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2006
    So the Vong war Didn't happen LOL

3. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    I've read the whole NJO, I'm just catching up on the Clone Wars era stuff. I still haven't read the ROTS novelization because I wanted to read the books leading up to it first.

4. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I tried to read Repbulic Commando. But UGH! Not my thing.

I finished Betrayal. I really enjoyed it.
    But something bothers me about the Jedi. They seem to continually have problems with deciding wherer their loyalties lie. When they are completely with the government, they are used as Pawns. When Luke had them follow their own understanding of the will of the Force, he had rogue Jedi on his hands.
    And we see this crop up again and again--the Mandalorian Wars in KotoR comic, Clone Wars, NJO, etc.
    I wonder if perhaps the fact that they have no absolutes on which to base their beliefs causes the problems. If they had some sort of written code by which to live other than "to follow the Force" perhaps they would do better.
    Cognitive beings quite easily can deceive themselves into believing that what they want to do is the right thing to do--justifying their actions even when they are in the wrong.

Anyways...

I have started Outbound Flight. Very good so far. I like seeing the pre-Empire era Thrawn.
    And I guess it isn't just the insanity of a clone. Apparently the original Jorus C'aboth's was a jerk as well. :p

5. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    Yeah he was, the book gets better.

6. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    Today is a cool day. Booldline comes out which is the next book in the Legacy of the Force. I know I'm going to get it to read.

7. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I've taken a detour from Outbound Flight. I'm reading Knightsend and Impulse comics instead. LOL

8. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    I'm about half way done with Shatterpoint but alos pick up Triple Zero and are enjoyng that very much.

9. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    I just recently finished up Labrynth of Evil and skipped back to the Republic Commando duology. LoE was a good read and RC has been very good thus far.

10. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    I finished Betrayal last week. Good story but its Allston so no surprise there. I don't especially like Jacen so if it all ends with Ben or Luke cutting him in half, so much the better. Arrogant schmuck...so much like his grandfather ;)

11. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Recently I just read Outbound Flight, The Thrawn Trilogy and Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader and for a change of pace I'm now reading the first of the Medstar books.

12. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Just finished Memoirs of a Geisha. Excellent book. Just drew me in.

13. JediMasterJacobs

JediMasterJacobs Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2007
    I am currently reading the "X-Wing" series....again.

I am almost on book 2

14. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    I just finished up the Republic Commando duology. I really enjoyed both of them. Of course, Tom Clancy is one of my favorite authors, so it was really right up my alley. ;)

I just started Yoda: Dark Rendezvous.

15. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Nearing the end ofWraith Squadron myself. Its one of those SW books I never quite got around to reading. Its pretty good, as I'm sure most of you know ;)

16. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    Yeah I just got sone with the X-wings books myself love them. I'm now reading Allegiancs by Zahn. I love the clone commando books and looking forward to the 3rd one that do out.

17. DarthCeadus

DarthCeadus Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2007
    Ok I'm now reading Sacrifice. I had to know what happens to for Jascon to get his Darth name and yeah I let everyone find it out for them selfs. Good book so for.

18. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    So Jade Walker have you read Sacrifice yet? I just got done with Inferno last night.I just started reading Clock of Deception this morring.

19. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I haven't been able to get my hands on Inferno yet. I did read Betrayal, Bloodlines, Tempest, Exile, and Sacrifice in the past few months. In the meantime, I've gone back and started to read the Dark Nest Trilogy. Just finished The Joiner King, and started The Unseen Queen.

20. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    Yeah it was hard to find at Boarders. It?s near the front by the registers. Yeah I'm on the last one of the Dark nest again but also reading Clock of Deception. Or you can try Amazon.

21. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Actually, I'm waiting on the Library to have it available! :p

22. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    I'm currently reading the Dark Nest trilogy. Just started on the second book. Once I get done, I'm thinking about starting to get into the Legacy of the Force series, though I still haven't read the Episode III novelization!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.