main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What are you reading now ? ( Version 4.20 )

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DVader316, Jun 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickwe3d

nickwe3d Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2002
    I'm dragging my self through The Approaching Storm, man that's one tough read. After that I'm re-reading Vector Prime.

2. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I agree, The Approaching Storm was absolutely heinous. ADF's books are easily among the more ponderous of the EU. [face_plain]

3. Greesha

Greesha Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    I just finished Rebel Stand and I'm in the middle of Shield of Lies.

4. Master-Jedi-Smith

Master-Jedi-Smith Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    Jedi Eclipse.

I'm slowly making my way through the NJO.

I had to take a break from the series when the AotC book came out, but I'm back on track.

5. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    Next i have to finish up the EU (lando and han adventures the prequel books and HM and SS). Then Micheal Krichton (sp?) has really good books like andromeda strain and timeline.

6. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    UP, I command thee !!

7. Master_Natty_Light

Master_Natty_Light Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 2002
    I got tales from jabbas palace at a garage sale for 50 cents, not sure its worth the read though

also reading the pre-new hope comics (just bought a bunch of them)

waiting for traitor and the new jack ryan prequel in august

8. Jediarecool

Jediarecool Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2002
    Just finished Rebel Stand. I'm waiting impatiently for Traitor to come out. In the meantime, I've seen AotC, but haven't read the book. I think that's next in line.

9. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    YJK: Jedi Bounty.

Then I'll start on two towers, part 1.

10. camisa

camisa Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 20, 2000
    splinter of the minds eye. after that if i read the bounty hunter trilogy and the tales of the bounty hunters i'll have read it all. been at this since '95. appraoching storm, still have 2 pages left never could finish that one. finished rebel stand about a week ago. re-read vector prime last month. going to re-read onslaught for a book club next month. think i've said enough.

whostheBossk likes this.
  11. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    You had two pages left in TAS and you didnt finish it ? If you came that far Im very surprised that you didnt... :confused:

12. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    About halfway through Stephenson's Snow Crash. Great writing style, fascinating setting, and a decent plot.

13. Jagged_edge

Jagged_edge Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2002
    I've just started the silmarillion but I think it might take me a while due to the language. Just finished Rebel Stand and am waiting to recieve copies of AotC and Approaching Storm. Looking forward to Traitor.

14. virtualoctopus

virtualoctopus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    I've just finished Rebel Stand and re-read Tales from Jabba's Palace..... now on to Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina....

I like the Tales series of books.

15. _Zap_

_Zap_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    i'm not reading anything right now

16. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Lotsa stuff. I'm finishing up Blackgod by Greg Keyes, he's incredible. Also, I'm reading Dune for what has to be the hundredth time (I love dat book!) I just finished AotC novelization again. It was better than the movie cuz you don't have to put up with Natalie's pitiful acting, and Hayden's not much better acting. Oh, and The Jesus I Never Knew by Philip Yancy. And incredible book. And there's something else, I just don't remember what it is right now.

17. Ushame

Ushame Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2002
    I'm currently reading Rebel Stand and a Celtic Myth book.

18. nubian-fool

nubian-fool Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2002

the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy - a trilogy in five parts by douglas adams, i love these books so very very funny

19. LurkyLou

LurkyLou Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    LurkyLou reads the back of cereal boxes and bubble gum wrappers.

20. Grieveq

Grieveq Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2002
    Anyone else have a hard time reading any other star wars book while you are waiting for the next NJO book? Not that it's the best written stuff or anything, but once you are 11 books into a series and used to the characterizations, its hard to switch.

I started reading Lord of the Rings again, those books never get old.

21. mirax_T

mirax_T Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 1999
    "A Clockwork Orange", a great story btw...

and, to answer your question, i know what you mean about reading other books inbetween sw ones, but i must say that that only happens to me for the days immediantly following reading an NJO one (or any other sw book for that matter). however, i still read tones of other books, after all, five years would be a long time to go on a diet of straight sw...

22. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    A while ago I finished reading Mind Over Matters, Michael J. Nelson's hilarious collection of essays.

I just finished Attack of the Clones by R.A. Salvatore. I thought that was a pretty well written book. It was interesting to see what the characters were thinking.

I'm planning to return to reading Heroes Die now, which I stopped reading DJ, TAS, RD, and RS.

(DVader316, I apologize for my first post in this thread. The other thread was getting awful large and I may have overreacted.)

23. Nom Anor

Nom Anor TFN Books Staff star 4 VIP

Mar 4, 2000
    I am reading Diablo: The Black Road by Mel Odom. It's pretty good so far; fans of the game might like it. It's better than the first Diablo book, Legacy of Blood.

Next on my list is to finish up Sean William and Shane Dix's Evergence trilogy. The first two were astounding.

24. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I have both of the Diablo books. I started the first one back when it first came out. It was picking up all right, but I had other things that needed reading first. I bought the other one when I saw it in the store. Mainly because I love the games.

I also picked up the first book of the Evergence series a few weeks ago, along with The Rift by Walter Jon Williams, Armor, and Vampires. I have Blade of Tyshalle, but I've been having some bad luck trying to find Heroes Die online. The one zShop at amazon.com that I ordered from sold out after I ordered. I plan to read both the books as soon as I can get Heroes Die so that I can get a better feel for Stover's writting before Traitor. I'll then read The Rift sometime before Destiny's Way, and Evergence before Force Heretic. :)

25. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    I'm reading the first Harry Potter right now, and after that I've got Heroes Die, and if I like it enough, I'll read Blades of Tyshalle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.