main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What are you reading right now?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by junio, Jan 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. junio

junio Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    Yep, the classic question is back.

I tried to find the last one, but I searched through 20 something pages and couldn't find it.

It's time to ask again the question: What are you reading right now?

Well, me. I finished The Time Machine. A book that I have to say it: it's great! I loved it.

Umm, what else? I started reading Cien anos de soledad (One Hundred Years of Solitude), for my Spanish class. Yesterday I started reading another Spanish book, called Bodas de sangre, which means Bloody Weddings.

Oh, I got my first books from the Sci-Fi Book Club. Man, what a gang!!! I payed $13.05 for 5 books, and there shipping and handling is included there. What books I got? The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings (3-in-1), The Star Wars Encyclopedia, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and Battlefield Earth.

Yesterday I bought the book From Star Wars to Indiana Jones. Great book! Lots of great pictures, great stories. I haven't read it, but I took a look at it.

So that's it right now. I am reading Cien anos de soledad and Bodas de sangre (which I will finish tonight). Then I will finish Cien anos de soledad and start The Hobbit. After it, who knows? I have plenty of choices...

So, what are you reading right now?

2. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Almost done with The Great War: American Front by Harry Turtledove. I'm half done with Nicolae, in the Left Behind series. I'm also half way through Shadow of the Hegemon of the infamous Ender's Game series.

I have many other half read books lieing around. I'll update everyone when I get to them because I know you all want to know very badly what I am reading. =]

3. junio

Dec 27, 1999
    Of course we all want. It's interesting to know what everyone is reading at the moment.

4. OwenLars

OwenLars Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2000
    I am reading Children of the Mind by Orson Scott Card. It's the fourth book in a series and it is one of the best series I have ever read. Very profound and believable.

5. neimoidian_85

neimoidian_85 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    I just got done reading Caleb Carr's Angel of Darkness and Patterson's Kiss the Girls. I'm now reading Clancy's Rainbow Six. Does anyone here read anything other than scifi and fantasy?!

6. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    All 4 of those seires are classics and very good. I've read the 2001, Rama, and half of the Martian series. Enjoy whichever ones you read.

7. junio

Dec 27, 1999
    Darth-Boba-Fett, I have the first book of the Conqueror's Trilogy: Conqueror's Pride. But I haven't read it. Someday I'll give it a shot.

Well, neimoidian, I read Indiana Jones books. That's no Sci-Fi nor Fantasy, but it's Lucas related. I like mythology (sp?) books, but that's kinda fantasy. I don't know, ah, yess, I like vampire books, from Anne Rice. Hope this helps.

8. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    I'm reading this thread.

Garrett Atkins likes this.
  9. junio

Dec 27, 1999
    Cool! I didn't know. I will try that series after I have read everything I want to read first.

10. joda29344

joda29344 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2000
    well, since chirstmas i've read agents of chaos and jedi eclipse. i've also read the hutt gambit, shield of lies, splinter of the mind's eye and i just started slave ship two days ago. what can i say, i've had a TON of homework.

11. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    I'm reading or recently finished:

The Ender series
    One flew over the Cuckoos Nest
    Lord of the Flies
    The Fighting Pattons

12. junio

Dec 27, 1999
    Does anyone here buys at the SFBC?

13. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Nothing right now. :-(

14. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I'm wrapping up the Han Solo Adventures again, and I'm also reading There Are No Children Here. On Tuesday I'm picking up Shadow Hunter.

15. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    "A widow for one Year" by John Irving?

And what are *you* reading?? How 'bout my fanfic now available in the fanfiction forum?

;D

I know, I'm shameless. Sorry. *waves hand* "You may go about your business"

16. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I started reading Tales of the Bounty Hunters yesterday. I read the first two stories: "Therefore I Am: The Tale of IG-88" and "Payback: The Tale of Dengar." After this book, I'll read Specter of the Past and Vision of the Future, although I'll probably read Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter as soon as it comes out, placing it between those two books.

Phil

17. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I'm reading Prophet by Frank Perritti for the second time.
    Appearance of Evil by Chris Lane
    Just finished the Lando trilogy.
    working through Exodus

18. Darth Predator

Darth Predator Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 1999
    I am reading half a dozen fan-fics I have printed of my computer...Every other book I own I have read a dozen times...

19. RingoJuna

RingoJuna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2001
    I'm waiting for Steve Altens new book, Domain, to finally get here. And Wedge, is that Turtledove stuff any good? I've thought about buying some of them before, but i never knew if they were any good.

20. Sith1

Sith1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2000
    Ah, good question!! Right now I am reading Dark TideII:RUIN and Jedi Apprentice: The Shattered Peace!! I just Picked up the Anthology with Tales of Bounty Hunters,Mos Eisley Cantina and Jabba's Palace, but I wont begin to read them until I catch up on The New Jedi Order series and the Jedi Apprentice books! Of course with Shadow Hunter hitting the shelves next week I'm sure I will pick it up and start to read it, although I will try and show some willpower and hold off for a while. I really hate when I am reading several different books at the same time(bad habit) I like to read one from cover to cover so I can stay focused and not have to many plot twists going on at the same time!! I wasnt sure how I was going to react to The New Jedi Order books but I have to admit I think they are great with the characters developing nicely and the children coming into thier own!! And the Yuuzhan Vong are really cool, on the down side I was a little upset over the death of Chewbacca :( but have gotten over it now. After reading Vector Prime and what happened to Chewbacca I thought I was going to dislike the TNJO books but have actually grown rather fond of them!!

21. Sith1

Sith1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2000
    Oh ya one more thing if anyone has not read Rogue Planet yet DON'T it sucked!! if you are waiting for the paperback don't waiste the $6.00 on it!! IMO Greg Bear should be cut off from the Star Wars universe!!!

22. junio

Dec 27, 1999
    I liked Rogue Planet. It was a different Star Wars book. Very interesting, and a great reading. A great book to me.

23. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I liked RP. I'm a member of SFBC. Right now I'm reading Battlefield Earth. It's a good book. After that, i'm going to read Trainspotting...

24. KnghtHammr

KnghtHammr Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 1999
    i'm reading Fear Nothing by Dean Koontz...

gotta grab the dmaul book tuesday....

but i got 6-12 of the JA series to read plus LOTR before Nov. and Children of the Mind sometime after...has anyone read the two Shadow books by Orson Scott Card? are they good?

25. MAD6121

MAD6121 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2000
    I just finished The Charm School which was awesome. Right now I'm reading Tales from the Empire which is very enjoyable, Splinter of the Mind's Eye which is good, and I'll be purchasing the new Darth Maul book on Tuesday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.