main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY What are you reading right now?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Ok for snorts and giggles I figured I would start this thread and see what everyone was reading right now....There are so many books out there I would love to read but not a ton of time.....I am trying to get thru Harry Potter 4 before the movie comes out ;)

I have Eragon sitting on my nightstand waiting patiently in line ;)

What is everyone else is reading? :-B

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I'm currently 1/2 way through Shadow Rising by Robert Jordan. It's book 4 of the Wheel of Time series.

~Doc_Bev

3. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Just finished the first Republic Commando book.
    Now reading the Serenity Movie Novelization at work and Labryinth of Evil at home.

4. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    you get to read at work? geeez........ lucky. I am very fortunate I even have internet at work... my boss is pretty nice about me bing on the boards ...but rading? hmmm. I think he would have a hissy ;)

5. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    I don't have time to read, but if I did, I'd probably be finishing up New Jedi Order and be reading Peter Garrison's "Changeling" series.

6. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I dont have incredible amounts of time to read either. It took me months to finish HP3 since I would read a few pages here and there and then put it down for weeks at a time LOL

7. Drogon

Drogon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2003
    Recently finished The Unseen Queen by Troy Denning (Star Wars-Dark Nest II). I am now reading Wolf Captured by Jane Lindskold (a non-sci-fi fantasy). Of course, technically, I'm reading theforce.net forums.

8. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    I reread the entire firekeeper series in the past week.

I am currently reading..well, Im about to start something in English. Seems interesting, actually. Brave New World, I think it's called.

9. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    I'm currently reading my computer monitor... [face_whistling]

10. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    [face_laugh]

I am almost done with HP 4 . On about page 508 cant wait!!!!!!

I am irratated when I have to put it down rofl.. ;)

11. Divia

Divia Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    The Constant Princess.
    I like historical fiction ;)

12. rockskigrrl

rockskigrrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2006
    Nothing but textbooks[face_worried]

13. darthSadarr

darthSadarr Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2006
    I am reading Young Jedi Knights right now ...

14. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    Brave new world was really cool.

Just finished reading books 1 and 2 of the bartimaeus trilogy. If only andy would gimmie the third one to read :p

15. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Reading the Chronicles of Narnia , I never did when younger

16. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I am currentyl reading "Eragon" I am just about finished...... I just picked up the next book in its series - Eldest. Its a great book thus far. here is the website if anyone would like to take a peek...... They are making a movie out of it .... should be a good one :)

Eragon

Eragon Movie Site

17. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    figured I would up this and see who has finished/ started what LOL

I managed to finish the HP series... (cant wait for 7)
    Anytime anyone wants to chat about HP spoilers PM me :)

At any rate I did finish the eldest and it was awesome! I highly recommend that series to everyone!

now I must admit I am not a stephen king fan.....however I couldnt resist picking up "The Cell"

It is pretty graphic for the first oh 100 pages or so... but Im hooked!
    Its a good one if anyone wants to borrow mine when Im done.
    :)

anyone else have a good book they would like to share thoughts about?

18. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    currently reading "the Divide"

just started it, so too early to tell if its a winner or not. My kids actually pushed me to read it so... we'll see. Heard lots of great things about it though...

19. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    figured I would up this and see what new books everyone is currently reading.

I had to put down the divide so I could finish the last book in the Left behind series, I am on the last chapter.... its a very good series ;)

Anyone else want to share a good book??

20. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Still working my way through the Wheel of Time series...

~Doc_Bev

21. Jem-Kerr-Lodemi

Jem-Kerr-Lodemi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2006
    Doc, if you like Wheel of Time by Jordan..YOU MUST read Sword of Truth Series by Terry Goodkind..WILL BLOW WOT away!

I have read all the Harry Potter books,too..Have you SEEN the trailer?? HOLY CROW!!! Belatrix is NOT what I pictured..lol.

LOTR is a huge favorite too...Reread Narnia again..all 7..lol. I highly recommend the Anne Rice books too...The Vampire Chronicles...Awesome!!

JUST finished THE Cell myself Strawberry, Stephen is my FAVORITE ALL TIME:D I REALLY don' t want to talk on the cell anymore...lol. I hope to be able to go up to Maine this summer and meet him and have him autograph it for me...that would just be so wicked!! I am 7 books away from owning everythign he's ever writen:D@};-

I actually do a lot of audio books cause of my job...I can listen to a tape/radio. So I've been reading a lot that way as of late..so the newest one I started today is called The Templar Legacy. It's about the Knights Templar, my Dad was a Mason, which I gather is related somehow, I'm just learning more about it.

"Eragon"~~~Isn't this a movie??? A book too>>>> must read then.:D adds to list to get from library

22. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I have the first book in the wheel of time series, havent started it yet, but its sitting there waiting till I am done with the other ones LOL It came highly recommended from Karl so I figured why not ;)

As far as Eragon goes - yes they are books its a trilogy, the third book is not out yet. The first two blew me away, cant wait for the third! *giggles*

The Cell, was graphic, Im not into graphic but because I love stephen king... I stuck with it. The dark tower series my husband is reading and he loves them, I wouldnt mind picking those up but... geeesh! sooo many books on my list to read!!!! :-B

Harry potter.. *sighs* *drools* I saw the trailer last weekend when we went to see Happy feet -Loved that movie it was cute! The trailer gave me chills and I swear I was the only one in the theater squeeling with excitement when the trailer came on! ROFL.

July wont be here soon enough! Can we say New costume projects!!!!! [face_love]

see dont get me started... I could post novels on this stuff LOL [face_laugh]

23. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    This board :p

24. JediXtine

JediXtine Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2006
    Still working on Tattooine Ghost, it is a really good book though!

25. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Im reading "the colour of Magic" I got it from my sdecret santa in Australia ;) its a good book so far Im almost done! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.