What are you reading right now?

Discussion in 'Syracuse, NY' started by strawbary, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Ok for snorts and giggles I figured I would start this thread and see what everyone was reading right now....There are so many books out there I would love to read but not a ton of time.....I am trying to get thru Harry Potter 4 before the movie comes out ;)

I have Eragon sitting on my nightstand waiting patiently in line ;)

What is everyone else is reading? :-B
  2. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm currently 1/2 way through Shadow Rising by Robert Jordan. It's book 4 of the Wheel of Time series.

~Doc_Bev
  3. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Just finished the first Republic Commando book.
    Now reading the Serenity Movie Novelization at work and Labryinth of Evil at home.
  4. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    you get to read at work? geeez........ lucky. I am very fortunate I even have internet at work... my boss is pretty nice about me bing on the boards ...but rading? hmmm. I think he would have a hissy ;)
  5. DarthArjuna Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I don't have time to read, but if I did, I'd probably be finishing up New Jedi Order and be reading Peter Garrison's "Changeling" series.
  6. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I dont have incredible amounts of time to read either. It took me months to finish HP3 since I would read a few pages here and there and then put it down for weeks at a time LOL
  7. Drogon Jedi Knight

star 1
    Recently finished The Unseen Queen by Troy Denning (Star Wars-Dark Nest II). I am now reading Wolf Captured by Jane Lindskold (a non-sci-fi fantasy). Of course, technically, I'm reading theforce.net forums.
  8. Raef_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    I reread the entire firekeeper series in the past week.

I am currently reading..well, Im about to start something in English. Seems interesting, actually. Brave New World, I think it's called.
  9. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
    I'm currently reading my computer monitor... [face_whistling]
  10. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    [face_laugh]

I am almost done with HP 4 . On about page 508 cant wait!!!!!!

I am irratated when I have to put it down rofl.. ;)

11. Divia Jedi Knight

star 3
    The Constant Princess.
    I like historical fiction ;)
  12. rockskigrrl Jedi Knight

star 1
  13. darthSadarr Jedi Knight

I am reading Young Jedi Knights right now ...
  14. Raef_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    Brave new world was really cool.

Just finished reading books 1 and 2 of the bartimaeus trilogy. If only andy would gimmie the third one to read :p
  15. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Reading the Chronicles of Narnia , I never did when younger
  16. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I am currentyl reading "Eragon" I am just about finished...... I just picked up the next book in its series - Eldest. Its a great book thus far. here is the website if anyone would like to take a peek...... They are making a movie out of it .... should be a good one :)

Eragon

Eragon Movie Site
  17. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    figured I would up this and see who has finished/ started what LOL

I managed to finish the HP series... (cant wait for 7)
    Anytime anyone wants to chat about HP spoilers PM me :)

At any rate I did finish the eldest and it was awesome! I highly recommend that series to everyone!

now I must admit I am not a stephen king fan.....however I couldnt resist picking up "The Cell"

It is pretty graphic for the first oh 100 pages or so... but Im hooked!
    Its a good one if anyone wants to borrow mine when Im done.
    :)

anyone else have a good book they would like to share thoughts about?
  18. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    currently reading "the Divide"

just started it, so too early to tell if its a winner or not. My kids actually pushed me to read it so... we'll see. Heard lots of great things about it though...
  19. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    figured I would up this and see what new books everyone is currently reading.

I had to put down the divide so I could finish the last book in the Left behind series, I am on the last chapter.... its a very good series ;)

Anyone else want to share a good book??
  20. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Still working my way through the Wheel of Time series...

~Doc_Bev
  21. Jem-Kerr-Lodemi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Doc, if you like Wheel of Time by Jordan..YOU MUST read Sword of Truth Series by Terry Goodkind..WILL BLOW WOT away!

I have read all the Harry Potter books,too..Have you SEEN the trailer?? HOLY CROW!!! Belatrix is NOT what I pictured..lol.

LOTR is a huge favorite too...Reread Narnia again..all 7..lol. I highly recommend the Anne Rice books too...The Vampire Chronicles...Awesome!!

JUST finished THE Cell myself Strawberry, Stephen is my FAVORITE ALL TIME:D I REALLY don' t want to talk on the cell anymore...lol. I hope to be able to go up to Maine this summer and meet him and have him autograph it for me...that would just be so wicked!! I am 7 books away from owning everythign he's ever writen:D@};-

I actually do a lot of audio books cause of my job...I can listen to a tape/radio. So I've been reading a lot that way as of late..so the newest one I started today is called The Templar Legacy. It's about the Knights Templar, my Dad was a Mason, which I gather is related somehow, I'm just learning more about it.

"Eragon"~~~Isn't this a movie??? A book too>>>> must read then.:D adds to list to get from library
  22. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I have the first book in the wheel of time series, havent started it yet, but its sitting there waiting till I am done with the other ones LOL It came highly recommended from Karl so I figured why not ;)

As far as Eragon goes - yes they are books its a trilogy, the third book is not out yet. The first two blew me away, cant wait for the third! *giggles*

The Cell, was graphic, Im not into graphic but because I love stephen king... I stuck with it. The dark tower series my husband is reading and he loves them, I wouldnt mind picking those up but... geeesh! sooo many books on my list to read!!!! :-B

Harry potter.. *sighs* *drools* I saw the trailer last weekend when we went to see Happy feet -Loved that movie it was cute! The trailer gave me chills and I swear I was the only one in the theater squeeling with excitement when the trailer came on! ROFL.

July wont be here soon enough! Can we say New costume projects!!!!! [face_love]

see dont get me started... I could post novels on this stuff LOL [face_laugh]

23. JediXXL Force Ghost

star 5
  24. JediXtine Jedi Master

star 1
    Still working on Tattooine Ghost, it is a really good book though!
  25. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Im reading "the colour of Magic" I got it from my sdecret santa in Australia ;) its a good book so far Im almost done! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.