main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto What are you reading right now?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Sirene, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirene

Sirene Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 2005
    I saw this posted on another FF group's forums and thought it'd be something interesting to ask you guys too.

I just finished the Darth Bane book and currently I'm looking for a paperback copy of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I'm way behind in the series and I'm looking to get caught up.

So, what about you guys? What are you reading?

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I'm reading the post above this one.

3. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I read mainly magazines (Science and modelling)

I wish I had time to read books but I have too many hobbies. I considered reading teh HP book after the last movie came out but the high number of pages per book turned me off.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

4. Dimi_Starr

Dimi_Starr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    I am reading Forgotten Realms book 3 of the Hunters Blade Trilogy. The Two Swords. It's really good!

5. Sirene

Oct 25, 2005
    I just started reading Wicked, the story of the Wicked Witch of the West. So far its pretty good.

6. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I'm just finishing up inferno

7. Sirene

Oct 25, 2005
    I'm going to download that tomorrow so I can have it on my iPod for the trip to Ohio on Saturday. I hear its ok, but not spectacular.

8. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    was a decent play...

I just read some Drizt Forgotten Realm series (the new one)... and I am of course reading the new Star Wars books (slowly), currently on Tempest from the Legacy of the Force series...

9. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Other than the very general storyline, the musical Wicked and the book Wicked are very, very different. We started the book but didn't finish...it was a little warped. Mind you, we were listening to the audiobook rather than reading it so maybe that makes a difference. I'm just finishing up the last Harry Potter book now. A jolly good yarn that is. ;)

10. ErikaVader

ErikaVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2007
    Well, obviously right now I'm reading this thread. But as of, well, lets just say I was up far later than I should have been, I was reading some really awesome SW fanfics! Thanks to another, unfortunately locked, thread on this site, I was lead to a whole site full of Darth Vader fics[face_dancing] So I was reading those till dawn!

11. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Well I was reading Discover magazine and one article had some hygiene facts that I could have gone without knowing.

Some girl in Texas for her science fair contest proved that there is more bacteria in a fast food restaurants ice machine than in a toilet bowl.

And you thought I was greedy when I asked for a coke with no ice.

12. Sirene

Oct 25, 2005
    Ew.

I 'read' (listened to) Inferno on the drive to and from Ohio. Great ending actually! I'm looking forward to the next one.

13. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    I just finished a Thieves world book... I never want to read one of those again!!! it's fild with "short stories"... but they're not really... they are starts of stories... open ended stories... I'd get SO hooked into a story... just to have it hang!!!!! ARGGGG!!!!

14. djbordie

djbordie Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2007
    Inferno was amazing, what an ending!
    also just read darth bane, was on sale at chapter, again really good read...and of course the latest Legacy comic is pretty bad ass!

15. Sith_Lady_Kenobi

Sith_Lady_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2002
    Hoping to finish Goblet of Fire tonight.

16. Sirene

Oct 25, 2005
    ^ When I finish reading Wicked I'll read that.

17. ErikaVader

ErikaVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2007
    Hehehe! Lately I've been gorging on EU! I managed to download about eighty of the books in audio-book or radio-drama form, you've got to love BitTorrent, and they're freaking addictive!

Styrofoam_guy. Ewww!!! THAT IS GROSS! One more reason never to eat in a fast-food restaurant!

Sirene. Infirno. Refresh my memory. Which series is that from (LOTF, NJO, etc.,)?

Goblet of Fire rocks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.