main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What are you reading?

Discussion in 'Archive: Slavic Countries General Discussion' started by Darth_Fizyk, Nov 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Fizyk

Darth_Fizyk Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2003
    I have read Cloak of Deception and now I'm reading Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter

2. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Shatterpoint by Matthew Stover. Great book :D

3. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    I just finished " Randezvous with Rama " from Arthur Clarce , and now I started "E.T."

4. stupid_gizka

stupid_gizka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2004
    Currently waiting for The Unifying Force. :D
    And czech-translated version of Vision of future. (I must say I'm afraid of it. Czech translations are horrible in general - for example X-wing translated as "cross-winged starfighter")

5. Jedi_Orion

Jedi_Orion Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2004
    Wow, that is bad translation. :D In Croatia, translations are terrible. When i read The Thrawn Trilogy on Croatian, and then again on english,... the first thing i thought "Somebody has to die for this... this blasphemy..."

Anyway, i'm on a NJO reading spree the last month :D and i just finished NJO Agents of Chaos: Jedi Eclipse - it'sone of the best SW books i've read so far. :) And so i move on to the next in line - Star by Star.

6. handzik

handzik Jedi Master star 5

Aug 20, 2002
    I'm finishing of the Hichhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series with the book Mostly Harmless, the whole series is unbelievebly hilarious so I'm kind of sad to be on the last book.

7. Jedi_Orion

Apr 7, 2004
    Errr... i made a bit of a mistake in my last post... next book on the menu is Balance Point. :D

8. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    I'm reading hard Merchanidse right now :D. I have to say, that this trilogy of Bounty hunters is goood :)

9. Jedi_Orion

Apr 7, 2004
    I'm on Edge fo Victory 1: Conquest(still on that NJO reading spree). :D
    I've only read the first book of the Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy, and it was good. [face_mischief]

10. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    I've finished "Star by star" and "Mandalorian Armor" and now I am reading "Jedi search"

11. Jedi_Orion

Apr 7, 2004
    I'm reading most of my books on the computer, for many reasons, money being one of them. We have only one(or is it two?) publishers in Croatia, and they print only 2-3 books a year, witch is really sad :( plus they're a bit expensive for my taste, AND they publish them in some wierd order i still can't understand. The last book that got out was (i think...)was the New Rebellion (witch isn't a very good SW book by my standards). And the worst part of it all is the damn translation. I found a mistake on the first page, not chapter, page. That tells you everything...

Anyway, (had to get that out of me... :D) whats your favorite book/trilogy/series?

Mine are...

0. The Thrawn Trilogy - The best of the best.
    ----------------------

1. X-wing series(Wraith squadron rules!) :D
    2. The Hand of Thrawn
    3. The Han Solo Adventures
    4. Shadows of the Empire
    5. The New Jedi Order - Agents of Chaos 1 & 2
    6. The League of Spies
    7. Shatterpoint (now that's tough reading)

The worst...(to me anyway, just don't have that SW feeling...)

The New Rebellion,
    Han Solo Adventures,
    Episode 1 Adventures,
    The Starfighter trap.

12. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    For me, the best are Stover's Books, Traitor, and Shatterpoint, then are Zahn's and Anderson, on the Same place, and Lando's Adventures. the worest... Splinter on the Mind's Eye :p it was so Booooring... :p and the Crystal Star... bleh... ;) Now, I'm starting to read Tales from the Empire :)

13. Darth-Mampf

Darth-Mampf Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2004
    I´m very happy that the german translation are´nt so bad but I think it would be funny to read the books from croatia...

the books I read were:

The Thrawn Trilogie
    Yuuzhan Vong 1-8
    X-Wing
    the Correlia-Crisis
    the Original Trilogie
    the Covenant of Bakura
    Abduction to Dathomir
    the Jedi-Academy Trilogie
    Palpatines Eye;Dark Saber;Planet of twilight
    the cristalstar
    the black fleet
    rebellion of the lost
    the hand of thrawn

if the names are´nt correct im soory ´cause I translated the German Names in English and I don´t know if I done it well..I hope you´ll understand the titles..

14. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    Do you still have those books? there should be in them their oryginal title :)
    In polish there is :) But, I have to say, if I had translated the titles from polish to English, there would be quite a mess ;)

Right now I'm reading Wedge's Gamble :) I've read Rogue Squadron, but it wasn't as good as i heard of.

15. Darth-Mampf

Darth-Mampf Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2004
    yes you´re right but it was too much to do...I didn´t wannt to look in every book, so I tried to translate from my book-list..

nice day

tomi

16. Jedi_Orion

Apr 7, 2004
    What i did forgot to mention are the DVD subtitles... now THAT is funny... :D Acutaly sad :( They used the old subtitles from the early '90s for the new DVDs. :mad:

Anyway, i'm gonna start reading Star By Star one of these days... i got my hand on(after a year of waiting :_| ) A Song of Fire an Ice: A Clash of Kings. =P~ Anyone read that? I love the first part... :)

17. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    I've read 5 X-Wing's... now i'm reading Iron Fist :)

18. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    I'm reading Reunion for all over two weeks. But luckuli i'm heading to the end of this book :)

19. stupid_gizka

stupid_gizka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2004
    Mwhahaha! Vision of the future in Czech. Funny, but not that bad.... :D

Still, original is the best . . .

20. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    I'm reading The Courtship of princess Leia . It was hard to get that book :D

21. Jedi_Orion

Apr 7, 2004
    Just got my hands on Republic Commando - Hard Contact in .doc format. =P~

22. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    I'm not sure, if I want to get that book. After Ruins of Dantooine...

23. Jedi_Orion

Apr 7, 2004
    Why? :) I Haven't read Ruins of Dantooine...

24. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    I haven't too, but my friends had. They said, that it's more like botanic book, than Star Wars novel :)

25. Jedi_Orion

Apr 7, 2004
    THX for the tip. ;) Gonna move it to the bottom of the "sw books to read" list when i get it. :D

But... um... RC is (at least i think it is) an action book, so i think it should be better then Ruins of Dantooine. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.