Pittsburgh, PA What are you reading?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CernStormrunner Jedi Master

star 4
    he gets better.
  2. CernStormrunner Jedi Master

star 4
    dang, i just sold all of my pre-NJO star wars books to Half Price Books, or i'd lend them to you. However, if you are looking for a star wars book, i highly recommend Half Price. i think they had all of them.

i also recommend SPLINTER OF THE MINDS EYE. the first EU book. and it has a statue of Cthulhu in it...

I've been reading a book called PEOPLE OF THE LIE. interesting. its about human evil and how to confront it.
  3. Jedi_Heather27 Jedi Knight

Yea I have been looking between amazon, who sometimes does buy four get fifth free type of thing then was thinking half price may work. I'll have to look at them since you mentioned that!
  4. xm41 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've been reading The Grays by Whitley Strieber. I just ordered the sequel book 2012: The War for Souls.

Ron
  5. Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Student papers. 80+ of them. They never go away.
  6. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Isn't that what group projects are for!
  7. Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus

star 6
    If only. Unfortunately, University regs have labeled the classes I teach as "writing intensive", so I have to have individual assessment.

Oh, and for those of you who are interested - I'm the web guru for the Department of Social Sciences down here. I've built the philosophy page: http://www.mcneese.edu/philosophy and will be building the SocSci pages over the coming weeks/months.
  8. Sean_Starrider Jedi Master

star 4
    I am just now getting around to reading Invincible. I'm about halfway through it and it's ok. I feel there is a excellent story there, Just wish it was told better. Oh well, Back to the book to see if the Sith regain control of the galaxy. :)
  9. TRADMIC FanForce CR and President S.W.A.P FF

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    We really have to get the book club going again. Maybe I'll sport for the hardback copy of the Bane sequel and share it.

:)
  10. PrincessB Jedi Knight

I'm currently reading various DCD trade paperbacks (too many at once maybe..)also just finished the first book in "the Seer" series.
  11. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The latest Darth Bane book is finally out in paperback. :)
  12. Sean_Starrider Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree, I'd love to get the book club going again. I just am always so busy and I hate to commit to stuff and then I can't make it. I'd like to try again though.
  13. reneelee2 Jedi Padawan

I am bout to start the force unleashed novel by sean williams it looks great!!
  14. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The second Darth Bane novel was awesome goodness. Are they going to do a third? I hope so.

Not reading anything right now (how odd and unusual). Any suggestions?
  15. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    A Passage to India. I don't like it.
  16. CernStormrunner Jedi Master

star 4
    Read both of those. I liked the Grays, and 2012 was...interesting, especially if you read Strieber's journals on his website.

There's a scene in the book that actually gave me nightmares. It's not a sequel to The Grays btw.

Supossedly they are making both of them into movies.
  17. Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I just finished a few books (on environmental ethics, biodiversity, and the Shia resurgence). I'll be starting on some explaining the nature of the Sunni/Shia split, the intersection of ethics and the social sciences, and evidence-based medicine today. For fun, I'm reading The Guns of August by Tuchman.
  18. CernStormrunner Jedi Master

star 4
    [image=http://www.makemeheal.com/news/images/shia-labeouf-plastic-surgery.jpg]
    Shia's resurgence? I didnt think he ever went away...
  19. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I don't normally do sw pro-fic, but this book seems really interesting. Lots of Obi-Wan emo :) Clone Wars Wild Space. Going to have to pic that one up and take a look.

A friend lent me "Genghis: Birth of an Empire" by Conn Iggulden. Its a bio of Genghis Kahn (obviously) but its written like a novel. Very interesting read so far.

20. del Jedi Knight

star 1
    I got Invincible as soon as the paperback came out, so I'm reading that now. After that, back to short stories by HP Lovecraft.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.