main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx What are you thankful for?? I'd really like to know...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Commander_Choad, Nov 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    I was thinking that there have been many things that have happened this year, that have been both good and bad.

I would really like to know what it is, that you, my friends, are thankful for this year.

As for me??

I'm thankful that I have a job, and Julie, and have joined the PFF (because of all the wonderful people I have met)

I'm thankful for my good friends who have bailed me out when I'm in a tight spot, I'm thankful that my little green car was built well, to keep Scott and Holly safe.

I'm thankful that I have a place to live, and am (for the most part) healthy.

I'm thankful that I am able to keep food on the table, and (with a minor juggling act) able to pay our bills.

I'm thankful for my best friend, Jeff. Who when the fit hits the shan, has been there for me, and when it's rough for him, lets me help him out.

I'm thankful for all the members of the armed services who are out keeping the world a little safer. (Thanks Obey Wann!)

I'm mostly thankful for another year of life in the US of A, and that I am not stuck in some backwater with some butthead dictator telling me what, where and how to live.

</soapbox mode>

2. P2Gambit

P2Gambit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2002
    Hmm.

I am thankful for the following:

Family
    Friends (especially Justin and Jess)
    Music
    Movies
    Computers
    My life.

:)

3. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    Aww, geez, Gambit, you're too sweet...

I am thankful for the following: (it might be kinda long)

Church
    Family
    Friends (my Jen Bobbie)
    Talents
    Food
    Shelter
    Clothing
    George Lucas
    Cary Grant
    Silent Films
    Medicine
    Cary Grant
    the 1920's
    PFF
    Cary Grant
    Joel (LORDPARSEC)
    Dzabouti (my car)
    Cary Grant
    my mexican Heritage

Oh, yeah, did I mention Cary Grant? :D

4. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    This is one of my favorite parts of this holiday. We go to the Thanksgiving Eve service at church and most everyone gets up to share something they are thankful for.

Here was mine this year:

"I am thankful for yet another year in which to live and grow and learn. And for all of the people around me, so that I might share all that I am and have experienced."

Yeah, I know it's sappy, but it's the truth for me. This past year has been so special for me, having met up w/ some amazing people through SW, traveling across the country (even if it is to places like Ft Dodge, IA), making some fantastic friends, finally getting rid of the "Agonizing 8" roommates and living alone for the first time in a very long time, working towards my history degree, being there for my family when they needed me instead of the other way around, and seeing my nieces and nephews grow into wonderful little human beings.

When you have all of that, the bad stuff just kind of fades away. :D

5. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    i'm thankful i'm not uglier. hah. *ba dum ching*

*cricket chirps*

*clears throat*

okay, really, i'm thankful for all my pff buddies who keep me company online at 2am. :D especially void for letting me rant about disneyland trivia, how i'll someday be married to alan rickman, etc and for giving me big-brotherly advice, and...

anwelei for being my fan fic supplier and writing a realistic "obi-wan falls in love with jess and becomes very confused" storyline. :D i hope you guys realize how much i appreciate you. :)

i'd thank you all one by one but i burned the pads of my fingers today on a casserole lid so i gotta make this kind of short. :\ but hey, i guess i'm thankful i can type at all, too. :D

thanks to everyone on the boards, and everyone from the lineup! i didn't know *anyone* in this state before i joined PFF and now i've got something absurd like 20 close friends? how lucky am i? i've *never* known (and been on good terms with) so many people and it's so much fun. :D i really love you guys, you're the best and i'm proud to say i know you all.

*hugs to everyone* :D

HAPPY TURKEY DAY! :) :) :)

6. mrbunny666

mrbunny666 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2002
    Thankful for the unknown...

A poem by me, AEB.

Another year has passed since I moved so far.
    Taking with me my possessions, myself and my car.
    Leaving life long friends so far behind.
    And headed towards family, and my life to find.
    It's been 3 long years since that fateful day.
    When I packed up my **** and moved away.
    And every day I stop and think for a bit, why?
    Was it god? Was it Fate? and I give out a sigh.
    I may not ever know what convinced me to move here
    Yet as I write this, I shed quite a tear.
    For I do not regret moving out here.
    I have only begun my journey in life.
    But its friends like you guys that ease all my strife.

thanks

7. Lord_Reaper

Lord_Reaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    For life, for friends, for experiences, and for being me...
    It's GOOD to be the king.

8. JediHunterAlpha

JediHunterAlpha Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    Im thankful for

God,
    my family
    my best bud LP,
    all the PFF peoples,
    all my theatre peoples,
    my talents,
    my abilities,
    and being able to get up in the morning abd be free.

9. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    I too am thankful for many things this year, but a few stand out in my heart.

I am thankful for my wonderful family who love me more than I have a right to be loved.

I am thankful that I am in good health and have been given the gift of helping others. I see so much physical pain and suffering that at times I wonder, why them and not me?

I feel incredibly blessed to have been honored to be present at a magnificent woman's death. To have the privelage to be there and prepare her body for burial. I'll never forget that moment or that day as long as I live.

I am thankful for the wonderful people of the PFF who welcomed me with open arms, who make me feel accepted, who continue to amaze me with their humor, their light, and their intellect. You all mean so much to me and I count you among the Ones I am privelaged to know. I am still stunned that I get to be friends with so many interesting people in one group.

I am thankful for so many wonderful blessings that I feel so undeserving to have received.

Many Wenchy hugs and kisses for my PFF! You've helped make this year full of laughter and light! I wouldn't miss it for the world.

10. Ion_Control

Ion_Control Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm thankful for:

Family
    the Phoenix FanForce (I'd make a list of people's names but it would be a really long one and I think you know who you are ;) :) )
    My cat, Marilyn
    Freedom
    Life
    Books (Jordan, Eddings, etc)
    Star Wars (hey, it had to make the list somewhere! 8-} :D)

11. CaptHowdy_00

CaptHowdy_00 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    My daughter...
    And all those things that make her smile.

12. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    My husband, my pets, my family, my health, my job and great co-workers.

13. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I am thankful for...
    God
    My family
    My cat (Named Mara Jade)
    My Car (The Sith Mobile)
    TV.
    JediHunterAlpha (My best buddy)
    School
    the PFF
    ...Ah heck... there's just too much!

LP :D

PS. Happy holidays to you all!

14. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    I have a ton to be thankful for too!

God, Family, (even though i complain about it) school, the PFF, friends of all sorts who try to keep my insanity to a managable level, my IM buddies who feed my insanity, my dorm, guitar, my computer and ethernet connection, the drama that is my life, etc. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.