main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL What are you thinking RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthAstuart, Mar 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Ha, and I beat Haz too.

It seems that this thread and "Post Count Pumpin'" are in a neck-and-neck race to the 2,000 post mark.

D'

2. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
  3. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Speaking of our new overlords, looks like someone with authority and a budget watched "Fast, Cheap and Out of Control" recently:

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2008/05/02/army-tiny-robots.html

"I think there's some deeper-seated thing which crosses the sex boundary of understanding life by building something that is lifelike."

4. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
  5. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    Finals Week! First one is tomorrow.

6. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Chanel RPG for the god damned win.

Also that crucifix gun is awesome. I'd wield that if I were a super hero.

7. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    Looks like Indiana Jones is going to be at Indy!

[image=http://www.motorsport.com/photos/indycar/2008/ind/indycar-2008-ind-as-0071.jpg]

8. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    Today's Penny Arcade is a sort of smutty version of the Monty Python "Four Yorkshiremen" sketch:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/05/07/

It's be nice if they revisited the topic once in a while, continually trying to top one another. Heck, I may find some friends and give it a shot myself; though probably not here, since I get the impression that the very acknowledgment of genitalia is frowned upon.

In that respect, poon and beer have more in common than word structure.

"I kinda felt bad for the horse."

9. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    My Beautiful Mommy - "The book that helps kids cope with mommy's plastic surgery."

Kee.

Ripes.

10. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Where the Hell was Dr. Salzhauer in 1982 when they turned Larry Anderson into David Hasselhoff in the course of 10 minutes?? Children all over the country could have used a book like that.

D'

11. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    Last Finals are tomorrow wish me luck. I hope I did well on mine today it was so hard. sorry for the whining, I just need to do something to take my mind off for a sec, been working so hard this semester. I hate group projects by the way. They should be called peaches projects with useless group members. I have turned around my schooling so much in the past year and half I want to keep it that way. Just one more day and two tests and a paper. I can do it. Get the studying done and the paper. I can do it.

12. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    HA! I did my last 2 finals yesterday sucka! And all group projects are BS unless you're allowed to "grade" your teammates. I only had one team-project this semester, in Finance, and we beat the whole class (which gave me 20 points on yesterday's final). I would be more proud of me and my partner's win...but 95% of the class (of about 70 students) are business majors....and let's face it....they're business majors.

D'

13. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    My finals have been over.

FOR 10 YEARS.

Suck it down college students of today.

14. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Right, I'd rather be sitting in a cube in my crappy service-sector job.

D'
    "Ahhh, yeah....it's just that we're putting new cover-sheets on all the TPS reports before they go out now....so if you could go ahead and remember to do that from now on, that'd be great...all right."

15. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    I'm impressed with how well you can type considering you have a diaper in one hand and the knowledge that you'll have no free time, money or sleep for the next 18-23 years in the other. Congratulations.

"Kids are great, Apu. You can teach 'em to hate what you hate, and they practically raise themselves, what with the internet and all."

16. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    Well I hope I got enough sleep. I swear to god If I didn't have ADHD I have no idea how I could keep running with the amount of sleep I have been getting. Final tests are today. Lets do good, do good.

also I realized I need to figure out a way to have a limited time reading wikipedia. I can't help it I love information too much and I can spend hours just abosorbing info. I am like Johny 5 from Short Circuit. Need Input, more input.

17. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
  18. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
  19. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
  20. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    When did this become the links thread?

21. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    I'll post where and when I damn well want to, and you'll like it! Good day, sir!

I said, GOOD DAY!

22. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    "It Was A Good Day" - Ice Cube

Bosh

23. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    Hopefully it will just turn us into mutants with awesome powers.

24. Le_Penguin

Nov 26, 2000
    Eddie Izzard live is awesome, much funnier than I'd expected. I love his shows, but their tone is more along the lines of "an evening with Eddie Izzard" than straightforward stand-up. Being in the audience, however, gave the show a much more intense vibe. It was pretty much non-stop laughs, save for those moments when he seemingly kills his own momentum on purpose.

Sadly, anyone who knows Izzard's work also knows that it's his charisma and delivery that makes the material work, moreso than the material itself. One of the biggest laughs of the night was when he referred to Darwin's book "Monkey, Monkey, Monkey, Monkey, Monkey, YOU".

Kinda clever on its own, but he really sold it into something guffaw-worthy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ope-1Zb5t-k
    (maybe NSFW, can't recall if this clip includes any naughty words)

25. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Hey Bob, could you spoil the second and third best jokes of the night too. That way I can just ebay these tickets and save the money.

D'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.