main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL What are you thinking RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthAstuart, Mar 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    uh, er,

The CF Music thread is locked.

not good:(

2. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
  3. MusicTrooper

Feb 22, 2005
    ok, I get it:)

I was talking about this one,
    http://boards.theforce.net/chicago_il/b10152/11541548/p1/?1458

so, a renewed effort to migrate to the CF Holonet?

4. MusicTrooper

Feb 22, 2005
    right now I am thinking,

a lot of thread locking going on........

seems like something is going on.......

5. Fett402

Fett402 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2005
    ** I have been drinking **

Everyone hates us. I get that now. People can't comprehend that ADULTS can have conversations on a message board (I am going on the fact that 90% of this board, if not more, are over 18). So thinking that we are 12, someone locks threads that we enjoy most on this board. Cuz lets face it, at heart we are all 12...sometimes 8 in the case of Haz...but enjoying somethings that have been going on for well over a year or 2 are at an end. Lets all have a moment of silence for someone/something.....

I dont really care who/what at this point. I'm thinking of my brothers (take that as fellow Marines) that have died over stupid &&&& (see what I did there) for the past 6/7 years!

So yeah....I need to be up in 6 hours...but I need more booze....where is my Jack!?!?!?!?!?

** Being of age to drink is nice, being of age to do stupid stuff starts when you are born...again I've been drinking **

6. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    It looks to me that Dave is locking his own threads. We have unlimited editing time, so the originator of a thread can always lock it. If a mod had locked it, the mod's name would appear on the first page.

Phil

7. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I have locked my own threads and moved them to: the Chicago Force Holonet.

Abandoning FanForce and locking my threads are personal protests against the pig-ignorant moderation that goes on around here. These boards belong to FanForce, it's their rules and I don't agree to them, so on those grounds they've asked me to leave, therefore I am.

I understand that public access message boards need to be moderated or they end up being garbage like the IMDB movie boards. Spam, flame wars and overtly disruptive behavior need to be curtailed by a rational moderator with veto power. Especially when it comes to deciding exactly what "disruptive behavior" is since it's truly a judgment call that has to be taken on a case-by-case basis that can't be summed up in a list of words.

I like how the idiot n00b moderators want to tell me about FF TOS considering there wasn't a written FF TOS until I suggested it and the original (not current) TOS was partially written by me. My suggestions weren't out of a want for more moderation, but to curtail the overzealous jack***** who would edit, delete or move anything they found personally offensive...and of course the unofficial rule amongst some mods that discussing Star Wars topics in FanForce message boards was banned because that was reserved for the JC; out of fear that the JC would lose posts to FF. Unfortunately it was mostly the whack-jobs who ended up with the most power (thanks to the restrictive Fundamentalist Christian attitudes of TFN co-owner, Reverend Joshua Griffin and the like) and it was the more restrictive B* that became the norm for modding. Over the course, most of the original moderators were forced out or quit because of the inane politics of the "upper-level" mod world and eventually the Phil Wise buy-out.

The new and remaining mods may think they are serving some greater good for Star Wars fandom, and that may be true in the few cases when they actually contribute to the community or step in to moderate a board that is actually being disrupted in such a way that only a moderator can do damage control. Outside of that, their only motivation is the feeling of self-righteousness when policing (and possibly the camaraderie amongst fellow self-righteous do-gooders). Either way, in the end, they are all merely unpaid guardians of the Phil Wise marketing franchise.

Good luck with that,

Dave

EL Edit: Starred out disallowed words

8. Fett402

Fett402 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2005
    Wow...when did I have time to write that post?? I thought I went right to bed when I got home...apparently not. Well, I guess the season for drunken posting is upon me. Time to get check my other boards and emails to see if I did anything else...wow...

9. MusicTrooper

Feb 22, 2005
    was just told that my new day off patter at work is now

Saturday / Sunday

sounds good right?

my old day off patter was Friday / Saturday

oh, and I work 4-pm to minight.....those hours stay the same,

so......no more Friday night off for me,

and

Sunday was a very quiet night when I could cause a lot of trouble posting[face_laugh]

and Friday night is the hardest day of the week:_|

and my hoped for 4 day work week was nixed with
    I do not have enough senority (over 36 yrs at this point)

ok, enough wimpy whining from me for now.......just hate to change my routine,

though I could retire (am 57 now).......maybe sooner than I thought.

10. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Hey all, my burnt body is back in Chicago. I'm gone for a little bit and threads are locked and RSAs are running wild all over our thread. Jeez.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.