main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What are you using for Jedi pants??

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jamor_MilDe, Oct 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamor_MilDe

Jamor_MilDe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2002
    I am getting ready to get (or make) some pants for my Jedi costume, and I was wondering what most people are using for pants? I have heard Khakis are ok, or making your own is another option I had considered. Another thought I had was to go to a uniform shop and buy and oversized pair of while scrub pants and dye them.

Let me know what you have done in the past or are planning for the future. I would really like to hear from someone that may have used khakis in the past, but went with something else (or vice versa).

thanks,
    James

2. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Depends on the look you want. You could use the pants from a Karate or Kung Fu uniform. I personally use pants I bought at the Renaissance Faire they are somewhat baggy above the knee but lace tight around the calf.

3. Smiling-Otter

Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2001
    Right now I just use some off-white jeans. My tunic covers the pockets, etc. Eventually I'll pick up something more traditional, but between tunic and boots, there really isn't much pants showing. so its not top priority...

My two cents.

4. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I heard that many Jedi's use Kaki or dockers

5. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I just use these cool pants I've had forever. Thicker, and have pockets, not that you can notice. :)

6. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I use a pair of linen khaki pants that I found at Ross or Marshalls. They have a good texture, and are lightweight, which helps here in Phoenix. ;)

7. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    I use a khaki or blackpair of Dockers pants. I saw a pic of Liam with his under tunic and pants. and his slacks look like mine in style. Even down to the pleats in the front.

I like Dockerts b/c 1. they are insanly comfortable, 2. have poskets.(Hidden by tunic.)3. when found on sale, it's well work it. good workmanship and finally, these things hold up. I haven't had mine shrink a lot.

Jauhzmynn

8. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Im planning on using my kahki dockers as my jedi pants.

Althogh I may go for a pair of black ones now that Jauhzmynn gave me the idea :D ;)

9. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I actually made my own Jedi pants. I just used a basic pants pattern and put in an elastic waist. After finding the perfect fabric to use for my pants I couldn't bring myself to use a store bought pair. Plus I actually wanted to make my entire costume.

10. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    I use dark brown cotton knit pants from Lands End. I've also made loose drawstring pants.

11. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    Same as most here,using a med. brown pair of "dockers" from R.Lauren,got from a Goodwill thrift store for 'round $3.50 or so.

12. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Take the pockets off of BDU pants and voila. You can sew the top pockets shut if you want too. They work perfect and if you can't tuck them into your boots (like me), you can blouse them and they still look great.

they come in lots of colors...olive drab, khaki, black, all sorts of camos, etc...black work great for sith, khaki and olive drab for jedi.

13. Jamor_MilDe

Jul 16, 2002
    1) What are BDU pants?

2) What does "blouse" them mean?

14. surlygirlie

surlygirlie Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 2000
    BDU= battle dress uniform. Usually a cargo pant, these are readily available at military supply stores.

Blousing is when you pull some article of clothing (a shirt, pants, etc.) up out of a restricting element they're tucked into (jeans, boots, etc.) and allow them to pouf out a bit. In the case of pants, this assists with range of movement at the knee, since if the fabric of the pant is pulled down taut over the knee, it's restricts bendability.

Make sense?

-sg

15. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    the actual pants at least as far as episode 1 goes were off the shelf.

personally i just picked up a pair of dockers on sale in the color that matched my robes. the tunic, tabbards, and sash cover the waist up. also you get something every costumer needs, POCKETS!!!

16. Jamor_MilDe

Jul 16, 2002
    You are telling me that all of the pants worn by Jedi in Ep I are Dockers (or somethign similar)? I find that a little hard to believe. But, then again, they did use the Venus pretty openly, so it's possible.

EDIT: I'll have to check Harry's Army Surplus to see if they have BDU pants.

17. Kai-Rhann

Kai-Rhann Jedi Master star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    Personally I wear dark brown jeans, or tan jeans with my Jedi garb. Since most of your leg is covered by boot and tunic (and you only see the leg from knee to hem of tunic) the pants aren't a really noticeable article.

--Kai

18. G-4P0

G-4P0 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2000
    I bought some used Karate uniforms for my daughter and I and plan on dyeing the pants.

19. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    yup. thats what i am tellin you. off the shelf. ;)

i dont know if they were dockers or not but thats what i use.

20. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    blousing military pants uses a "blousing strap" (which is a little elastic cord with small hooks on each end to grab onto each other). You put the cord around your calf right at the top of the boot and tuck the rest of the pant leg back up inside itself using the blousing strap to keep it in place. I't makes it look like the pants are tucked into the boot but with a more even "blousing".

That's what I do for my Jedi Pants. My boots are too tight around the calf to tuck my pants in, so I just blouse the pants with the blousing strap. Nobody knows the difference and it looks neater :)

21. Jamor_MilDe

Jul 16, 2002
    How hard is it to take the cargo pockets off BDU's?

22. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    not hard at all. all you need is a seam ripper.

23. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Correction, the Razor isn't a "Venus
    but a "Gelittte Silk Effects" :D
    ANd yes the pants either are Dockers or one extremely clsoe.

24. 3rdiart

3rdiart Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2002
    I'm working on an Anakin costume at the moment, and I'm going to use some Fieldmaster causual dress pants (they are like Dockers, etc.)was sold at Sears. I don't know If I will dye them a little darker or not but it is a close match to the color of brown that he wears.

25. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    how much does a pair of dockers run?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.