JCC What are you watching right now?

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    Did they bond over the fact that both their last names are euphemisms for penis?
  2. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    Predators.

Not quite as good as Predator but almost. Former JCC person Zas was kind enough to inform me that this was to be the original sequel, not the official Predator 2 film that was created. I liked this movie enough to jump deeper into the EU of Predator-verse. Most of it is actually good. Predator:Turnabout is a book by Steve Perry...author of what I thought was the terrible SW book Shadows Of The Empire. If you have not read Predator:Turnabout I suggest you drop everything and do so. It is his best work.
  3. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
  4. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Local version of the Weather Channel
  5. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
  6. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Which one? The original, the TV series, or the reboot?
  7. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    Ok, let me reword it. I am watching Kate Beckinsale. [face_tee_hee]
  8. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    The Ninth Gate, starring Depp. I didn't relize this was a Polanski film when I saw it before.
  9. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
  10. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  11. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
  12. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  13. TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost

star 5
  14. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    The Ultimate Fighter finale.
  15. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    Through The Wormhole w/ Morgan Freeman.
  16. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
  17. Violent Violet Menace Force Ghost

star 4
    I was watching the final minutes of Terminator Salvation last night as I happened across it on tv. Beyond the pointlessness of the whole film, what annoys me the most about it is how stupidly the robots fight in it. I mean, you're robots. Aren't you supposed to be all about efficiency and calculated logic? Yet, time after time, their mode of fighting is to pick a target up, throw it away, then walk up to where they threw it, pick it up, throw it back, then go back and throw it away again. You're a robot, snap his neck and be done with it, what's the matter with you? Which moron programmed you to eliminate your targets in this grossly inefficient and tedious way? The Arnold model at the end of the movie reaches within arms length of John Connor, the highest priority target of all of Skynet and the first thought that pops in its head is to throw him away. WTF?
    Last edited by Violent Violet Menace, Apr 14, 2013
    Arawn_Fenn and VadersLaMent like this.
  18. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    ^I actually liked it but yes this was not Arnold in past must not outright kill everyone so I'll throw them to and fro until I get their clothes Terminator. This was newly activated oh there is a human I must kill and it's John Connor Terminator.

But mayb he didn't want blood on his new terminator skin?
  19. Violent Violet Menace Force Ghost

star 4
    This shouldn't be something it has to learn. Economy of movement, anyone? Unless it's going for theatrics, I guess, but no one else was watching them. There's also one of the bigger older models that does the same thing in an earlier scene I recall, and it had lost its legs! It literally decided to make the job harder for itself!
  20. Darth Morella Force Ghost

star 6
  21. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Dr Who - The Bells of Saint John
    Juliet316 likes this.
  22. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Such a promising premise turned into an incredibly tedious movie. Frank Langella was great though.
  23. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    Yes. It was slow enough to bug me but interesting enough to see more than once imo. I like the ambiguity of the ending, it could be damnation or it could be enlightenment.
  24. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    I assume it's damnation since Depp's character comes off as a scumbag and doesn't necessarily redeem himself. Actually, it could also be enlightenment in a twisted sort of way since he was so obsessed with finding the entrance to Hell.
  25. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    The symbolism can also point to enlightenment as Lucifer means Light Bringer. Much like Prometheus brings knowledge as does Lucifer(tree of Knowledge and such). Depp might be a scumbag but hardly evil. Langella was evil and failed to reach the very obvious Light that Depp walks into. I'm not sure which I prefer. There is also the item that the girl that follows him is the Whore of Babylon who is connected with the anti christ. So she may have gotten preggers by Depp to make the anti christ.