main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT What are your 2 Best and 2 Worst scenes from the entire Prequel Trilorgy

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by THE PortmanLuvva, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Ruminations and Yoda and the younglings are my faves

worst: Padme and Anakin in the entranceway of the arena on Geonosis and the arrogant librarian

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I act that way at work all the time. I tell people that if a book is not in my library, it doesn't exist. Thankfully I bought all the Infinities comics last year.

3. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Yeah, but you do it to be funny. Right?[face_worried]

4. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    Best scenes:
    1. The hovercar chase scene at the beginning of AotC (including the bar scene). All very well executed.
    2. When Obi-Wan chases Jango in the asteroid field. Also a scene from AotC.

Worst scenes:
    1. Fireplace "romance" in AotC. I...just...can't...does not compute. Error! Error!
    2. The long, drawn-out fight between Obi-Wan and General Greivous.

5. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    2 best scenes

Dooku and Obi-wan in the hanger

Palpatine and Anakin scene in AOTC

2 of the worst

"I truly deeply love you and before we die I want you to know" I cringe

you're so beautiful

only because i love you

no only becausae i love you

so love has blinded you?

not what i meant

but it's probaly true

why is a raven like a writing desk?

Anakin you're not making sense now

Order66Survivor likes this.
  6. FunintheSun

FunintheSun Jedi Padawan

Nov 6, 2011
    BEST
    Palpatine and Anakin in the opera (I don't think I need to say why, and Ian sounded spooky)
    Fight between Obi and Ani (though the QuiGon/Obi/Maul fight is right up there)

WORST
    War on Kashyyk - an utterly unecessary scene that in addition succeeded in making the universe smaller than needed
    Anakin and Padme on the ship in TPM - the acting was quite stilted between Jake and Padme to say the least

7. Greedoliveson

Greedoliveson Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2012
    Fav

Order 66
    Duel of the fates.

Worst
    Anakin and Padme in the fields
    when Padme falls of the ship chasing Dooku in AOTC, the argument followed by her getting up and running was rubbish.

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    These change over time, but here it goes:

The scene when Dooku appears to Dooku/Tyranus in Attack of the Clones. It was just waiting for the inevitable. And the way both draw their lightsabers is great. Dooku with a salutation and Yoda a la Clint Eastwood.
    The scene where Anakin finds his mother and dies. It was a powerful scene, and the acting was great.

As for those I don't like, I think there is only one:

The balcony scene in Revenge of the Sith with Padmé brushing her hair. I know why it's there, but the execution was not that good. It felt forced.

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That scene was added at the last minute for the purpose of showing a good Anakin/Padme moment before the **** hit the fan with his nightmares.

I enjoyed it, corny as it was.

10. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Yeah, I don't get why it's so hated. It's as if after AOTC it became fashionable to bash any expression of feelings between the two of them.

11. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Best - Duel of the fates and the arena battle from AOTC's

Worst - Where to start? Hayden's scenes (all of them) Grevious...the minute he lights up 4 sabers *facepalm*
    All the crappy looking cgi scenes
    Jar Jar
    Trade Federation
    ...infact -apart from a few scenes I hated the whole prequels!

12. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    There are two problems with it IMO:

1) Anakin's dialogue is cringe-worthy. It's the kind of stuff a guy could potentially get in serious trouble for. If taken literally he seems to be saying that he only sees her as beautiful because he's blinded by love... which would mean that she's not actually beautiful. Back away slowly.
    2) Padme looks strangely atrocious.

minnishe likes this.
  13. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    agreed with Arawn

(if we're talking ROTS balcony scene)

14. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    But that's what makes it realistic. Guys say stuff like that all the time, unintentionally. They both had a good laugh about it. Also, "love has blinded you" line is quite telling considering the later events.

That's actually a bigger problem than a dialogue. I think she was filming V for Vendetta at the time which required a different look from her.

minnishe likes this.
  15. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Also, in terms of the editing, it feels like the scene goes on a second or two too long at the end when they're just staring at each other. There is another scene like that later on.

16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I don't hate it, but I don't like it either. And I'm one of those who don't have a problem with Hayden's acting in AotC at all. Where people complain about "I don't like sand" I see it as a natural reaction to a young man who took the Jedi's way of life and is now with her old love. But the one from RotS is too forced. They could do (and did) better on that same movie.

17. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    BEST:
    The Opera Scene from ROTS; Ian and Hayden are SPOT on during this scene and with the music is keyed so well for this scene.
    Either Duel of the Fates or just the shot of the Owen, Beru and Luke looking at the Binary Sunset on Tatooine as the music comes in and ROTS ends

WORST:
    I have to agree with Sistros and say the balcony "I'm so in love with you" scene from ROTS. If I was there and heard that I would have jumped off the balcony.
    The lunch scene with Anakin and Padme where he uses the force to levitate the fruit and let's on that Obi-Wan would be "very grumpy" if he knew what Anakin was doing.

18. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Putting down the end of Sith? Epic fail, come on! That sequence of events with Vader's mask being put on rules. The whole latter part of that movie is pure win, order 66, the rumination, the immolation scene, classic stuff.

The slapstick robot stuff and JJ Binks are the worst scenes in the PT.

19. Chosen_Jedi74

Chosen_Jedi74 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    Two best scenes

Most of the Obi Wan vs Anakin scenes from when Obi Wan is seen coming down the ramp to when Obi Wan says you were my bother Anakin I loved you. I still get the chills when I watch that scene.

The ruminations scene with Anakin and Padme and I must say the opera scene are a tie.

Two worst scenes

Jar Jar's battle scenes at the end of TPM

The planet core scene.

20. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    One of the best scenes that jump into mind are five words:

"YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!!!"

21. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    You were my Brother Anakin, I loved you. Deeply Emotional:_|

22. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Best: Opening shot of ROTS with the drums blaring. LITERALLY telling a story just with pictures and music all in a seminal shot. Also the Dual of the Fates. Cliché I know but it is absolutely epic and, arguably, was a battle that still hasn't been topped.

Worst: C3-PO in AOTC. Shut me down. I'm scrap. Die jedi dogs. I'm so beside myself. STOP. Just. Stop.
    Also R2-D2's antics in ROTS. Totally uncharacteristic behavior and action by the little guy.

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I believe this duel topped it ;)

24. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    I don't.

minnishe likes this.
  25. Darthgoodguy

Darthgoodguy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012