main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT What are your 2 Best and 2 Worst scenes from the entire Prequel Trilorgy

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by THE PortmanLuvva, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    The podrace was the best part of the prequels. The intro of Neeson & MacGregor in Episode I was pretty good, everything just seemed so hopeful back then.....

The worst part: too many to name. In general, Christensen's relationship with..............well, everyone...............doesn't ring true at any point during the entire series. And his lack of charisma is a gaping hole in the proceedings. The movies collapse because of these things.

2. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    2 best:

-Slave I firing on Obi-Wan in the Jedi Starfighter. Intense and great sound.
    -Yoda feeling Anakin slay the Tuskens, pretty powerful moment.

2 worst:

-The hokey factory scene in AOTC where Padme, 3PO, Anakin, and R2 have to weave their ways through the conveyor belt. Smacked of a cheap attempt to set up a video game.
    -Anakin yelling at Padme after he killed the Tuskens. I don't blame Hayden's acting solely either, I blame George's direction even more so. That came across so poorly I have to cringe every time I see it.

3. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    The " I truly deeply love you and before we die I want you to know", thing was an abomination, I couldn't agree with you any more than I do now.

I liked the "you're are so beautiful so love has blinded you scene"! It was so very sweet. "Across the Stars" was played, and that one silly scene had tragic elements in it, because Anakin skywalker was telling his wife Padme amidala about how they wanted to go to Naboo and fix up the babies/baby's room!

4. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    There is a reason I liked that scene. Anakin Skywalker was already knighted Lord Darth Vader at that moment, even before he got all james earl jones and robot cyborg samurai suit and robot breathing, the famous OT Vader. That was a clever piece of writing by Mr. George Lucas. At the end of Episode 6, Return of the Jedi, when Darth Vader picks up the Emperor Palpatine to save Luke, he is no longer Darth Vader, but Anakin at that moment, since the suit doesn't make him Vader. When he tells Luke to take off the samurai helmet, in James earl jone's voice, he is not Darth Vader anymore, despite looking like Darth Vader. At that scene/moment, he is the same alter ego and person as the cute blond little boy in Episode 1.

Yet, in ROTS, when "anakin" kills the younglings and the other Jedi and the Seperatist CIS council, when he talks to Padme on mustafar and force chokes her, and duels obi wan kenobi, he is still a young, long-haired, handsome, man, yet, he is still Darth Vader, the same Darth Vader from episode 4, ANH.

Did you notice that? I certainly did!!!

tsunami1138 and minnishe like this.
  5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Best:
    Anakin and Obi-Wan argument before duel. Some finely delivered dialogue, especially from Ewan McGregor.
    Ruminations scene- for me, there isn't a scene in any of the other 5 films that remotely compares to the intensity of this.

Worst:
    Transport scene in AOTC taking Anakin and Padme to Naboo
    Entire scene in Padme's apartment at the beginning of AOTC, start to Obi-Wan chasing Zam

Like the thread idea- kudos to OP.

6. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    NAH!

this one definitely depends on the viewer. The beginning of the Obi-wan/Anakin fight, until about 2.20 mark, are absolutely awesome, but after that it just peters out. Darth Maul fight scene rocks.

7. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: No, i didn't notice.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yunners likes this.
  8. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    Episode I:

Best: The Duel of the Fates - especially the music (John Williams is the man)
    Worst: Most of the film especially Jar Jar, Gungans, the Space Battle, political scenes

Episode II:

Best: Jango fighting Obi-Wan
    Worst: the love scenes (just very poorly done and unbelievable)

Episode III:

Best: A lot actually including the duels at the end, Order 66, the Emperor and Anakin in the opera scene
    Worst: The beginning - The whole space battle (yawn) to the duel with Dooku, meeting Grevious, etc. It could have been done much better.

9. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    And sympathies to the poster who lost a pet. I know it's tough. One of the toughest moments in my life is when I lost my dog years ago to cancer (in a really violent way with seizures). It really wrecked me for a long time.

When you're ready, share your love and devotion with another pet waiting to be adopted at the humane society, adoption shelters, etc. You will make a difference and will find that it was they who rescued you, not the other way around ;)

10. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    -Favorite Two Scenes TPM:
    The duel between Obi-Wan and Darth Maul
    The scene between Amidala and Palpatine after arriving on Coruscant. If I'd seen clips of that scene (and the one later when Amidala decides to return to Naboo) I would have thought it looked like I expected a prequel to look.
    -Least Favorite Two:
    Meeting Boss Nass.
    Jar Jar in the bongo. (It's so hard to pick.)

-AOTC: Favorite two:
    Lightsaber fights with Dooku.
    Obi-Wan's fight with Jango
    -Least favorite two:
    Fireside chat between Anakin and Padme
    Droid factory

-ROTS, favorite two:
    The conversation between Anakin and Palpatine during the performance.
    The senate pods being thrown around by Palpatine at Yoda.
    -Least favorite two:
    The duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan
    The birth of Luke and Leia. (It's so hard to pick.)

11. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    How could anybody hate the duel of fates music :confused:

12. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Best Scenes:
    1) Yoda going up against Sidious
    2) Obi-Wan's "you were the chosen one" speech in ROTS

Worst Scenes (I pick these because they were worst in that, they made me upset not because they were the "Worst")
    1) Mace Windu getting his hand cut off by Anakin and then getting blasted with Force Lightning by Palpatine
    2) Order 66

13. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    3 best:

1) the "return" of the Jedi-Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon escaping from the TF battleship. It's just a wonderful nod to how damn cool Jedi are; it's almost smug when the two sabres flip on in the gas and the droids all intone "uh-oh", and, of course, Rune's fatalistic resignation to Nute's panicky reaction.

2) the prelude to Vader and Obi-Wan's duel. It's like a eerie mirror of what might have happened with Luke, Han, and Leia if Luke had gone bad. Well, besides that Han would have died in about .2 seconds in that situation. :p

3) The Tusken massacre. Hayden has this cold, cold look in his eyes that's just wonderfully menacing. His choregraphy is just perfect, too-no elegantly flipping about or sabre twirls...he just goes for straight decapitations.

2 worst:

1) The IMAX version of Obi-Wan and Anakin being assigned to guard Padme in AOTC. I mean...they just show up. Sure, you can imply that they were told to go there, but without the preceding scene of Palpatine arranging things its just kinda nonsensical.

2) This took me awhile, but Watto's shoot-down of Qui-Gon's Republic Daktaries. Seriously, it's like somebody in Mexico refusing dollars. I understand they had to do SOMETHING to push the movie, but claiming the damn galactic currency is "worthless" is absurd.

Tattooine economy:
    [​IMG]

Coruscant economy:

[​IMG]

I trust my point is clear. :p

14. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Two Best:

Order 66: It shows us exactly how the Emperor wiped out the Jedi Order and there's something very tragic about the Jedi realizing the clone's betrayal too late. I love how Ki-Adi-Mundi tries to fight back but is overwhelmed, and how Yoda feels the death of every single Jedi. The little guy's expression is just so sad.

Duel on Geonosis: This sequence of duels is so powerful. It shows us just how powerful a fully trained Sith Lord can be. Dooku defeats Anakin, Obi-Wan, Anakin again and still manages to hold his own against Yoda. It establishes that for a Force user, experience matters, and it foreshadows Sidious's power. If the Apprentice can take on three Jedi, including Yoda, then the Master will be overwhelmingly powerful, which he is.

Two Worst:

The Tusken massacre: I wish we'd seen more, as Anakin's words aren't enough for me, not really.

Operation Knightfall: Why Lucas chose to skip over this entire section, I'll never understand. I wanted to see Darth Vader tool all the Jedi in the Temple and demonstrate the full power of the fallen Chosen One.

Arawn_Fenn and DarthBoba like this.
  15. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    "Hokey religions and ancient blasters are not match for a good blaster" ;)

That thing bothered me the most plotwise. Young girls as queens can be explained by some otherworldly traditions of a civilized and peaceful world. Nine year olds accidentally blowing up the space stations can be explained by their natural ability in the force. But this just plainly doesn't make any sense. GL should have come up with a better excuse to pick up "another pathetic lifeform".

16. King Terak

King Terak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 22, 2012
    Best
    1: Sidious's scenes in TPM. Darkest Sidious in my opinion.
    2: Coruscant scenes. Showed the prime of the Republic that the OT talked about.

Worst
    1: Invisible Hand rescue. That sequence seemed to drag and drag on repeat viewings.
    2: Anakin & Padme scenes on Naboo. I seem to drift off during those.

17. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    My suggestion: Just make the hyperdrive more than 20,000. :p

Although at least 20k daktaries seemingly being enough for a hyperdrive helps the EU pricing for an X-Wing or TIE costing about as much as a nice Mercedes make some sense :p

18. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    Yep. He's really the Menace in "Phantom Menace".

I love Coruscant. I hope they'll show it again in the ST.

It was supposed to be even longer, but they cut out a lot of stuff. On subsequent viewings, I'd rather see the formation of the Rebellion scene.

19. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    It's a tough list to make, but I'll go with some of the best action-oriented scenes:
    1. Vader vs. Obi-Wan and Yoda vs. Sidious - Each one was epic in their own respects, but at the same time, it was unbelievable. The music was strong as well, especially the reprise of "Duel of Fates."
    2. The Jedi go to battle in the arena - from the moment all the Jedi activate their lightsabers to all the Jedi charging into battle, it was a great sequence.

Worst?
    Just pick any two Anakin/Padme scenes from Episode 2. It's not necessarily the acting that gets me, but the pacing and how it only really takes off towards the end.

20. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    Loved:
    The Battle of Naboo and Geonosis scenes.
    The assassin Zam Wesell scenes.

Less love for:
    The screen time of Darth Maul. Give us more Maul. Please!

Hated:
    NOTHING. ITS STAR WARS. ^:)^

SlashMan likes this.
  21. The_living_force

The_living_force Jedi Grand Master star 1

Oct 8, 2002
    Loved:
    The first 15-20 minutes of TPM. I just loved how everything looked, it was really a new and expanded Star Wars universe. And we get to see things we've never seen before like Qui-Gon using his lightsaber to melt the door. Also I really like the build up towards the invasion, we get to see a glimpse of Sidious and the way it cuts from Amidala proclaiming: I will not condone a course of action that will lead us to war to the invasion fleet descending towards Naboo.

A small but awesome scene: Jango using the flamethrower on Mace and him doing a mighty jedi jump and flipping in the air deflecting laserbolts while descending towards the ground with his robe still on fire. That's the kind of jedi action I wanted from the prequels! The only really similar thing we see would be Obi-Wan jumping out of his jedi fighter and slicing a couple of battle droids as he lands on the Invisible hand. I'd put that on par with the Mace scene actually.

Hated:
    Hate might be a strong word but the pacing in TPM is not a highlight for me, it's so sloooow.
    digital Yoda. I admit it's absolutely better than the puppet Yoda in TPM but even the cgi-Yoda never looked that good to me. I find it strange that people use Yoda as an example when praising ILM's work in the prequels. I think he's one of the worst cgi-creations they have done. I think the likes of Jar-Jar, Watto, Dex, Grievous to name but a few look absolutely realistic and represents the pinnacle of cgi created creatures. Don't know why they didn't succeed (IMHO) with Yoda.

22. -NaTaLie-

Nov 5, 2001
    Keep in mind he still needs to be redeemed in the end. It's bad enough we see he's about to slaughter the Jedi younglings.

23. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Best:
    Pod Race
    Obi-Wan / Qui Gon vs. Darth maul duel.

(Honorable mention: Jedi Arena Combat)

Worst
    Most of the Dialogue Between Padme and Anakin
    Anything Jar Jar Binks

(Honorable Mention: Vadar's tantrum)

Thread Status: