main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What are your Expectations of the Stunt Coordination In the ST ?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Leoluca Randisi, Feb 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I don't know who the stunt Coordinator for Episode 7 Is, But with the great stunts throughout the series and especially the sword fighting in the Prequels under the supervision of Nick Gillard, what are your expectations of the Stunt Coordination in The Sequel Trilogy?

2. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Back to a realistic fighting style like in OT mixed with some advanced choreography of Jinn/Kenobi/Maul duel of TPM. ;)

danmcken and Howard Hand like this.
  3. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    No more baton twirling dance off duels

nightangel likes this.
  4. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    I hope there is a few punch-ups - the OT had no fistfights at all :(

I'd love to see Han and Chewie in a barroom brawl with some pirates and to see Chewie in a fight with a Trandoshan.

I'm hoping Han gets an epic fight too - Abrams gave Chris Pine that classic line in his fight/beating with Ayel. I hope Abrams has more like that up his sleeve. :)

They've really got to go above and beyond with the lightsabres duels though and no castrating the Jedi powers for this "less is more" rubbish. ;)

CairnsTony, Revanfan1 and danmcken like this.
  5. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    Im all for some hand to hand combat lets see some Jedi fight without lightsabers

Flapjack4, Revanfan1 and nightangel like this.
  6. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I meant to say Lightsabre Duels instead of Sword Fights, when I was typing I had a kid screaming in my ear;)

7. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

A lightsabre duel IS a sword fight.

8. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Chloe Bruce, Pip Andersen, Christina Chong, and the guys from The Raid. I think the action will be very fast-paced, very intense, and very acrobatic, but in a different way than the PT. And in case anyone needs reminding...

So I'd expect something on the level of Arrow Season 1, only with lightsabers. :cool:

9. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Wow. Chloe Bruce must have been terribly bored on Skellig.

Revanfan1 and CairnsTony like this.
  10. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    When I heard the description of Rey single-handedly defeating a whole group of thugs, my immediate thought was that I'd like to see her beat them without necessarily relying on a lightsabre. I just have a hunch she can brawl with the best of them. :p

11. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Yes, it shouldn't be the same as the PT. That isn't a criticism of the Prequel fights, which I love - but "different" and "change" is a good thing - keeps it interesting and exciting. In fact, even within each trilogy the fight scenes were very different to what came before.

I took a look at the IMDB page and there is quite a long list of stunt performers, so that is good. :)

Martial arts** is big with the younger generation across my whole family so the kids will love it. ** They do martial arts, not watch the movies. ;)

Something like Arrow would be great.

It would be cool if they were developing a martial arts for stormtroopers (or other villains) to use against the Jedi. :D

Yes, while lightsabres are the best thing ever, I do want to see fistfights and the like, from both the Force users and non-Force sensitives (Is there a better name for them than that? I'm tired of typing that one.).

Revanfan1 likes this.
  12. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    She does not have the lightsabre at this point so the 'fact' that she takes them out with no weapon is even more impressive.

13. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    There is already at least one thread to discuss lightsaber choreography...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.