main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN What are your Fandoms?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Zar_Valen, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    You know, everytime I feel really geeky, Ulkesh chimes in and suddenly I feel better about myself. :)

2. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2005
    Land Of The Lost? :rolleyes: I can remember an episode where they just kept going over the water fall. What an awful memory.

3. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    I liked Aliens alot. I liked the movie Signs immensely.

4. Komill

Komill Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2004
    I'm a music nut, especially underground stuff and music from the sixties and seventies. Oh, and Elvis. Gotta love the king.

Um...I play Star Wars D20, and am a roleplay enforcer on a SW MUD.

My favorite books include the Dark Tower series, anything by Isaac Asimov, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Mary Shelly's Frankenstein (this book is how I learned to read), Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman, and Catch-22.

My favorite movies include Polly Shore is Dead, Spaceballs, Storm of the Century, the original Dune and Cube, and any good monster flick with no plot but a creative bad guy, such as Jason.

Video games include Fable, the KOTOR series (the next one's ending's going to be awesome, and hopefully it's the last one), the Resident Evil games that came out for Playstation 1, the Final Fantasy series (except 9), and, of course, Halo and Halo 2.

I think that covers it.

5. jediravenclaw

jediravenclaw Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    ...Aside from star wars and ren fests...

I'm a history buff. Renaissance era, colonial america and *Ancient Egypt*. Most of my library is on the Ancient Mideast...

aside from that, Harry Potter (yes, I'm a fanficer), flute, bass guitar (jazz and bossa nova more than rock), LOTR, Photoshop...

...and the little girl inside of me is still in love with the older disney movies / soundtracks :)
    (in fact, I've got the beauty and the beast soundtrack playing in the background) :D

6. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Prz tell me you are not a badficcer :p

PS: Little Mermaid? :p

7. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    Stackpole:
    well, I can't really judge that myself, ;) ... I've got a link on the bottem of my sig though if you'd like to :) . I'd hope I was at least relativly decent :D

lol, yes, Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Snow White, Beauty and the Beast. I think my favorites (at the moment anywho) are Mulan and Hunchback of Notre Dame. (Never too old for them :) ).

8. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Ok because one of my freinds I met at Harlaxton has long red hair and absofeckinglutely loves Little Mermaid :p

And she was so excited when these two girls sang it a capella at the last open mic night :p

9. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    I didn't realize how out of touch I am.
    What the heck is a fanficer and a badficcer?

10. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    ohhh, stackpole! You went to Harlaxton? I want to go so badly :D What was it like?? :)

navarre: a fanficcer write fanfiction. Ex: Star Wars fanfiction is stories written by star wars fans involving star wars characters or concepts, set in the star wars universe...but completly made up and not cannon in the least because the fan wrote it.

...I was just under the assumption that a "badficcer" was a person who wrote bad fanfiction?

11. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    Ravenclaw- have you ever seen Dsney's "The Black Cauldron"?

For the rest of you: has anyone played the game "Ringworld" based on Larry Niven's Known Space series?

12. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    It was awesome. Definitely get a Meet-A-Family if you do go, and hope they take you to pubs :D

Don't try Guinness until you go to Ireland (and do go to Ireland :p)

Overall, one of the better experiences of my life :)

13. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    What is "Meet-A-Family"?

I'll be sure to ask about it at regestration. I'm coming up to the one around June 23rd. The people that I've spoken to at the University have told me to just mention that I want to go to Harlaxton and they'd put me on that path.

What year did you go in? I was hoping that it may be possible sophomore year, but wasn't sure if that was the brightest idea or not.

I can't wait to come up and choose classes and set this all in motion! :D

navarre: Yes, I saw it...but it was a long while ago and I don't remember it as well as I know I should. :(

by the by navarre...is your username a sports referance per chance? (Just wondering if there was another michigan fan on the boards) :)

14. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    Nope, it's my SCA persona's name. I got it from Ladyhawke. Started using it before I'd done much research and by the time I got my persona developed I'd been Charles Navarre so long it would have been a major hassle for people to start calling me something else. The 1095 is the year that Pope Urban II called for the Crusades.

15. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    Ahh, like Henry Navarre of France :) That's very neat. You know, we don't have that many French personas down here at all - it's mostly English and German in our local societies.

*low curtsy*

I am Lorna Campbell myself. It was interesting because only after I found that name buiried in both sides of my family and adopted it did I realise that the Campbell plaid is one of the easiest to find. :) The costumer in me was ecstatic, lol. The fabric has made being one of the few Scotts in my societies here extreamly worth it ;) :D

16. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    Mostly Viking here, although there are a few scots.

17. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    I went 2nd term of 2nd year, and a lot of others do that too. I recommend it partially because you get to drink before you're 21 OMG

And the meet-a-family programme is where you meet with either a man/woman, couple, or family who live in the Grantham area and they invite you into their home, make/buy you food/alcohol, and discuss various things. I had a divorced guy whose kids we never saw, so that was fun because he took us to various pubs, and that's really one of the best culture educations you can get in Britain :)

18. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    lol, I can imagine :D

That whole expiriance sounds just wonderful! My parents have researched it a little with me and are jealous beyond belief, lol. I'll definitly take your advice on the meet-a-family!, sounds like a lot of fun :D

19. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    Stacky, what did you go to England for?

20. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Officially, to study. Unofficially, to drink and travel :p

21. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    Study for what?

22. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Mainly it turned out to be core classes, but my major is International Studies, so that's always helpful.

23. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    Stackpole:
    Well, I went up for SOAR, loved it!, met a bunch of great people, and CAN'T WAIT to start!

My mom and I have decided that no way am I missing out on Harlaxton and we are already planning for me to go 2nd term, 2nd year. She said that my whole family may even want to come out and visit while I'm out there because they are so jealous, lol :)

I'm thinking that after the term is over, I'm probably going to stay over in Europe for a little time and visit and travel on my own...or rather with whomever wants to travel too (so far a friend from florida is more than up for it :) ).

And I have decided to double major in Archeology and History :) *jumps for joy* Well, it wasn't as if I hadn't decided that WAY before this, but it's just a confermation on what I've been wanting to do for years :D

24. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    Hope to see you. BTW check out the MIDREALM calendar and look at Shire of Rivierre Constelle, that's E'ville.

25. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Good choice. 2nd term is a good time because it gets brighter and not as depressing :p

Even though it's cold and ****ing rainy :p

And the history/Arch double major will get you in good with Dr Bujak, aka Mel Gibson Christ of British History.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.