main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are your favorite 3 game series of all time?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Admiral AckBBQ Chicken, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

If you stop at DF2, I would agree with this mighty list.

2. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    [​IMG]

3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh. You include Academy and Outcast? :

4. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    I include Outcast as it's an extension of Kyle Katarn's story. What's your beef with it? Fanservice regarding Force Lightning use? If it helps, I was lightside all the way ;)

I need to play the game again because I just remembered that level where you fight alongside Luke and that was pretty cool.

Jedi Academy was enjoyable, but it's not Katarn's story anymore.

5. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    The Elder Scrolls
    Halo
    Ratchet & Clank

6. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Mortal Kombat.
    The Walking Dead.
    The Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Trilogy.
    Mass Effect trilogy (despite Casper the Friendly Ghost and a sloppy conclusion).

...and that's about it, I guess. The only series that haven't really disappointed me (though admittedly Mortal Kombat 3, 4, and Armageddon were definite weak points for the series). Assassin's Creed might have been on the list if not for its abundant market saturation resulting in many disappointments.

7. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Well I did't know this thread existed but oh well. In no particular order.

Prince of Persia series
    Mario games
    Sly Cooper
    Star wars games

There's probably more but those are just the ones I can think of right now.

8. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Crash Bandicoot (The Original PS1 Titles)
    Batman: Arkham Series
    Ratchet and Clank

9. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Batman: Arkham
    Three truly great games with the fourth entry coming out this summer. Sure, Batman: Arkham Origins could've been more polished and the multiplayer was lackluster, but I still immensely enjoy it. The main thing I love about this series is how much it feels like a darker incarnation of Batman: The Animated Series.

Halo
    Halo is my favorite Sci-Fi franchise besides Star Wars and Star Trek. I admit the matchmaking isn't exactly all that great anymore, but custom games are still a blast to play. Plus, I've always played Halo more for it's story, and so far every game has lived up to that aspect.

Mass Effect
    I absolutely loved the first game and while I feel each games has gotten less impressive with each entry, the series is still terrific. I still don't like the the final twenty minutes of the third game, but I still find enough out of this series to keep replaying the trilogy. I hope the fourth game turns out well.

10. Spirit of the Wolf

Spirit of the Wolf Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2015
    Definitely the Final Fantasy series, Gran Turismo, and Tiger Woods PGA Tour.

11. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    1 - Mass Effect series
    2 - Assassin's Creed (till AC Revelations, onwards has been very meh)
    3 - KOTOR series (including SWTOR)

Life likes this.
  12. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Age of Empires series/Age of Mythology (2, 3, and especially Mythology are all favorites)
    Ace Attorney series (played and loved all of the first five games, though the first is still the best)
    Total War series (Rome 1 through Shogun 2, haven't played the others... Medieval II (with mods) and Fall of the Samurai are favorites, though they're all good)

Honorable mentions, (mostly) in no particular order:
    Pokemon main series (I still don't have a 3DS so I'm behind, Gens II and IV are my favorites
    KotOR I and II (I is brilliant, II was mostly great but the Exile is no Revan, and it was also buggy)
    Europa Universalis/Crusader Kings when together, would be top 3 if I'd played more of the earlier games
    Super Smash Bros. (haven't played the most recent game, though I really want to)
    Katamari Damacy (would consider being top 3 if I had ever played past the first two games, which are both amazing)
    Battlefront (both great, but I had better levels)
    Jak and Daxter (haven't played past 3)

A top five list would probably include Pokemon and either KotOR or Katamari. A list of favorite individual games would be somewhat different, but mostly draw on games from the above series.

13. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    This is tough. I'd probably say:

1) The Legend of Zelda
    2) Mass Effect (1 and 2 make up for 3)
    3) Batman Arkham series