main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI What are your favorite quotes from the EU?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TheHuntressDiana, Jul 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    A few of us were talking about the EU books this past weekend, and I figured...it would make a good thread. And who knows...we may be able to use it for something down the road. :cool:

I'm sure there are a few quick exchanges (between two or three characters) that may be among your favorites as well, so we'll include those too. :)

I'll just list my all time favorite quote (hehe) to get us started:
    "'Yub Yub' Commander!"

2. Material_Boi

Material_Boi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2002
    "No I don't have a landing permit. I'm trying to reach Lando Calrissian." (From ESB & the one book)

3. chunk_the_iawa

chunk_the_iawa Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2002
    "none shall pass"

this thread is now property of the RMIF aka the rocky mountain invasion force led by me chunkster

4. Sith_Sock

Sith_Sock Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2002
    *kicks iawa* my turn, "Luke, I am your Sock." or "Sock, incoming at 9 oclock"

5. The-Clone-Ranger

The-Clone-Ranger Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    thats not chunk

6. SGT_SOCKO

SGT_SOCKO Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    my favorite quote is " MAY THE SKIP BE WITH YOU"

7. Sith_Sock

Sith_Sock Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2002
    I know, Ranger, thats Iawa, not Jawa

8. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    To get us back on track, here's one of my personal favorites from X-Wing #5 - Wraith Squadron: (I know you're all shocked.)

Everyone checked pockets or bags for the requisite identification cards, all forged by Grinder with data provided by New Republic Intelligence. Wedge saw Janson, ridiculous in his red carnival costume and long white beard, grow increasingly panicky as he checked pocket after pocket. "Something wrong, Wes?"

"It's here somewhere," the lieutenant said.

"Check your boot," Falynn said.

"Check under your seat cushion," Phanan said.

"Check your other boot, too," Wedge said. "Falynn really meant both boots, but she doesn't realize you wouldn't necessarily understand that."

Janson straightened up from his searching long enough to shoot his commander a betrayed look. "Why isn't Hobbie here to take this abuse?" A moment later he straightened again, wearing an abashed expression. "It was in my other boot."

"Yub, yub, Lieutenant."

Regards,
    M.

9. darkladyhannasolo

darkladyhannasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    My favorite quote comes from the Dark Empire comic series. Luke kneeling in front of the clone Emperor "My father's destiny is now my own" That line always gives me chills. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.