main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit What are your Star Wars literature resolutions for 2013?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediMasterKeno, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Good resolution! Where are you starting and you do know that everything post ROTJ might be thrown out 2015? Don't want to disappoint you or dampen your enthusiasm anything. Just thought you ought to know

2. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Right now, I'm reading a copy of Scoundrels. After that, I have no clue. I'll probably check out the 'New to the EU' thread

As for post -ROTJ, I'm probably gonna steer clear of most of it (barring Legacy-era). As You said, it could all Be erased in 2015. However, if it looks good, I'll read it. Thanks for the heads up, though.

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    May I tempt you with some Kenobi?

jedimaster203 and Force Smuggler like this.
  4. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Hello,

Long-time lurker here. This thread is exactly what I have in mind right now. I'm more of a Wookieepedia reader than a book-reader. Mainly because where I live, SW books have never been and never will be available. Secondly cause i don't really have much time.

However I can easily order them now. The NJO has always seemed to me as something I'd like to get more into but 19 books is too darn much. Could you recommend a few (like 3 or so) select ones I can read before Crucible and Kenobi become available?

I thought about Vector Prime, Star by Star and The Unifying Force having the potential of being a "trilogy" of sorts. Sure you miss a lot that went on in-between, but so do you with the movies. Is that an approach that you would recommend?

Thanks!

5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Absolutely not.

6. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    You might want Balance Point, Traitor and Destiny's Way as well. Traitor is practically required. The other books that aren't listed richen your experience so if you don't read them you are missing out

7. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Thanks, 6 out of 19 is doable. I mean of course it's intended to be read completely, but I can't commit that much.

8. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Vector Prime, Balance Point, Star By Star, Destiny's Way and the Unifying Force are the main hardback novels of the series but Traitor gives you the main philosophy on how to win the war or how the Jedi should handle the Vong. It'll make more sense when you read it.

9. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    Finish purchasing all the Del Rey and Bantam books that I'm still missing (need that complete collection).

Read all the books that I haven't gotten around to yet (looking at you Children of the Jedi).

10. jedimaster203

jedimaster203 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 19, 1999
    Actually. Absolutely yes. I totally forgot about it.

Change in resolution! I'm reading Kenobi. I'll also read the other stuff, but I'm not really excited about it.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  11. bwfking

bwfking Jedi Knight

Mar 13, 2005
    Finish up FOTJ then wait and see if it all ends here thanks to Disney

12. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    To buy and read Scoundrels by Zahn.
    Done and done.

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    You're not supposed to resolve your New Years resolution in the first three days![face_frustrated]

14. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    To not buy more Star Wars books until we get official word that Episode VII will scrap the EU.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  15. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Finish reading Legacy (and possibly Tales of the Jedi)

16. KarrdeFan

KarrdeFan Jedi Master

Oct 18, 2012
    My first resolution is to read Scoundrels, which I have started. After that, to read a few of the books that I want that are out, such as I, Jedi and Survivors Quest and then most likely the Han Solo Trilogy and Mercy Kill if the price drops a bit before deciding on NJO. Big cost to buy although am searching ebay and used book stores although I could always hit the library but I tend to like to collect books, either physical or as ebooks, which is where most of my books are. There are probably a few other books to read and trying to decide on reading either Courtship of Princess Leia or Tattooine Ghost. I have focused mainly on after ROTJ with my books, so trying to expand my era just a bit too.

17. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Since I'm going to read Darth Plagueis, maybe I'll finally read the ROTS novelization, too.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    You haven't read the ROTS novelization? You've missed out

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I hope you do; I'd like to know what you think.

20. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    Change in my resolution; don't buy EU novels that take place after Return of the Jedi.

21. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Tsk tsk tsk[face_shame_on_you]For shame. You are missing out on a lot of good stories post ROTJ

22. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    I have a few myself and I liked them.

But that was before the announcement of Episode VII. By buying all the pre-ROTJ EU, at least I don't have to worry about continuity overwrites.

23. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Buy them anyway- Disney isn't going to dispatch Mousketeers to burn the books, or brainwash you into forgetting the details. You're missing out on X-Wing, Thrawn, and the NJO, for starters.

24. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    Considering the current state of both the EU and movies, I would be more likely to disregard the movies than all the books I've read! But yeah.....hopefully no such situation occurs.

25. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    So, I began work on my Resolutions today. Went to Barnes and Noble and purchased a mix of books. Bought The Last Command, The Crystal Star, and Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial. Only few there that I didn't own and were in good condition. Only other NJO book they had was Edge of Victory I but it was in bad condition.
    Came close to buyng FotJ: Ascension, but decided to wait since I have a Kindle edition of it, even though it was one of my favorites in the series, due to Ben and Vestara finally hooking up.