What are your thoughts on Scientology???

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Boba_Fat83, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anidanami124 Force Ghost

star 6
    If it was not for the fact that the name of the site is monkeyfilte I would read it. [face_plain]

Oh and did you bother to read that link.

Common Myths, Misconceptions Addressed
    Attention Deficit, Hyperactivity Explored In Depth at STEP Forum

It was not about how it was "trendy" but about common myths ie saying it's the new trendy thing that has just come about in the last century. Which if you would read the whole thing goes on to say it has been aroudn a lot longer.

2. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    First point :- Where did I say it was made up ? I'm merely stating it's currently the popular disorder to claim to have.
    Second point :- You brought it up, not me.

Obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have referenced it.

Specific parts I'm refering to are :-

"U.S. pop culture overdiagnoses the ADHD and then compounds the problem by overmedicating"

then

"I would argue that kids who have this problem have been around probably for centuries" <-- exactly, so why the sudden increase in apparent suffers ? Because it's popular to say you have it.

then

"Nowadays the disorder ? and its treatment ? are talked about so commonly that myths and controversies often cloud understanding"
  3. anidanami124 Force Ghost

star 6
    "U.S. pop culture overdiagnoses the ADHD and then compounds the problem by overmedicating"

To a point I agree with you here. To a point. But if you would quote the whole thing it would also say. ;)

There saying it has not become trendy and that it has been around for years and years nad years.

"I would argue that kids who have this problem have been around probably for centuries" <-- exactly, so why the sudden increase in apparent suffers ? Because it's popular to say you have it.

Yes meaning that it is really and has never ben trendy.

"Nowadays the disorder ? and its treatment ? are talked about so commonly that myths and controversies often cloud understanding

About how people get it. Or about how long it last's etc etc But let's quote the whole thing.

There saying that mroe then just boys have ADHD and that girls also have ADHD. They are also saying that foods are not the cause of ADHD.

You know I might just quote the whole thing and even save the link. Because again the whole thing was about:

Common Myths, Misconceptions Addressed
    Attention Deficit, Hyperactivity Explored In Depth at STEP Forum

Not: How ADHD is "Trendy"

Oh what the heck here's more

Yup I agree with that 100% though I have ADD not ADHD.

I would have to look into it more here.

Yup I find that sometimes happens to me.

I would not know about this one I'm not married.

Yes I have dyslexia.

4. Guinastasia Force Ghost

star 6
    Can we AT LEAST hate Scientology for giving us Battlefield Earth? That's GOTTA be a crime.

5. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    I liked Battlefield Earth, it gave me the best chance to mock a movie while it played.

In theory the concept was interesting. But it was stupid in several ways: Nukes blowing up a planet, mankind for slave labor (dogs would've been a better pick), and John Travolta's overacting. Oh the horridness! He was that way in Face/Off too. As was Nick Cage.
  6. anidanami124 Force Ghost

star 6
    Yes I believe we can. But like FID it gives people a chance to mock a movie, and how many chances can we get to do something like that. :) :D
  7. JediKnightOB1 Force Ghost

star 5
    http://scientologydisturbing.ytmnd.com
  8. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    Yeah, I saw that. I would like to change my position on scientology.
  9. cyris8400 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Could always go with "attack the belief, not the believers."

I read a paragraph of one of Hubbard's books, and the writing seemed pretty damn atrocious; simple sentences and bad grammar. The covers are also extremely tacky. It wouldn't be quite so bad if the Arts and Humanities wing of my college didn't have framed cover art of L. Ron Hubbard's novels throughout.
  10. Boba_Fat83 Force Ghost

star 2
    "I read a paragraph of one of Hubbard's books, and the writing seemed pretty damn atrocious"

Thats putting it mildly
  11. JediKnightOB1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Here is something for everyone to read...
    [image=http://myspace-253.vo.llnwd.net/00799/35/24/799274253_l.gif]
  12. PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I was not able to view the image as it is very unclear not blurring but seems to have parts of the typing missing. Perhaps you could sum it up for me?
  13. Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    From what I could tell, it was L. Ron Hubbard asking Veteran's Affairs for an examination by a psychiatrist.

And it was written in his typical fashion (by that I mean it is boring).

You ungrateful, metal pansy!
  14. Boba_Fat83 Force Ghost

star 2
    I guess it was just a Fad...mostly just ridiculed at this point in time.
    Last edited by Boba_Fat83, Jan 11, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.