main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What are your thoughts on Scientology???

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Boba_Fat83, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManoWan

ManoWan Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    The fact that so little is truly publically known (thus my error) is another disturbing aspect.

Tom Cruise everyone? Should people asprie to be like him?

2. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    This is glorious

3. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    No this is glorious.

[image=http://www.jinxedmedia.com/tomcruise.gif]

4. cal_silverstar

cal_silverstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    ^
    "Noooo!Noooo!! YOU will die! ULTIMATE POWERRR!!"

Oh, I didn't know about that. People actually pay money to so-called "Feng-Shui experts"? You can buy or borrow a book on it and do it yourself!

5. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    1000 bucks per square foot in some cases. Or 2000 an hour. These people are scam artists.

6. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Seen it? I linked to it on the first page, in my first post to this thread!

;)

7. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    Oh. [face_blush]

Okay, I'll shut up now. ;)

8. Xenu_Entrawl

Xenu_Entrawl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2005
    What are your thoughts on Scientology???

Hate it. Dang Loyal Officers.

9. BenduHopkins

BenduHopkins Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I think it is the perfectionist's religion. You can never get rid of all insecurity and anxiety, nor should it be the goal in life. It figures that Tom Cruise would be in it, because he seems like a perfectionist. Probably hard to live with.

10. Guinastasia

Jun 9, 2002
    I love that picture! Teehee!

11. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Aren't Scientologists not allowed to access the internet?

If so, then I think we might have a hard time getting someone who supports Scientology to post in this thread. ;)

12. Guinastasia

Jun 9, 2002
    Pretty much, at least in the early stages. Later on, I think you can, but probably only "pre-approved" sites or whatever.

13. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    *wonders if a Star Wars message board would be such a site*

14. Warriorpoet

Warriorpoet Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2001
    Well from an outsiders point of view, couldn't it be said that any organized religion could be viewed as a cult?

It's been my experience that all religions have an us or them mentality. They peddle the same basic message, ?We are the chosen, and everyone else is going to Heck.? and that it is the responsibility of the group to spread that message, ?Ours is the only true way, join us or be lost.?

If they have faith in their beliefs, why should Scientology be any less valid than say Evangelical Christianity?

15. BenduHopkins

Apr 7, 2004
    Now that I have read what they really believe in the higher stages, I am sure Hubbard is a con artist. And a diabolical one at that. He pretty much figured out the scientific way to start a cult/religion. And yes, I do think all religions are cults. I am a philosophical Taoist, meaning, I agree with the philosophical aspects of Taoism. But I think that the religious Taoism is taking it too far.

16. Guinastasia

Jun 9, 2002
    Other religions don't charge you for services. Oh sure, they'll pass the collection plate, and many will lay on the guilt. But they don't out right say-you MUST pay for this.

Other religions don't have a policy called "fair use.

Did you read the Xenu.net link? If not, do so.

17. Danrizzy

Danrizzy Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    It's probably just a sort of fad. May fade out in the next few years

18. BenduHopkins

Apr 7, 2004
    Apparently celebs have tried to get out and have been kept in. Tom Cruise reportedly wanted to leave after reaching the "level" where knowledge about the aliens that control your body was revealed. Poor Tom. What a schmuck.

19. DarthBane77

DarthBane77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2003
    The Scientology cult is an expensive joke that not only harms people mentally and financially, but also physically. Its founder was a sub-par sci-fi writer, and the concepts in general(especially the OT III stuff) read like the 1975 draft of 'The Star Wars.' Check out xenu.net for the really creepy stuff. The kind of stuff that scientologists won't find out until they've given away half of their life's savings and all of their minds(mostly because they aren't allowed to read the heavy stuff without being brainwashed for years and years. They think that if they read it too early they will contract some wicked form of pneumonia and die).

Sounds like a joke but it isn't. The Zenu thing isn't a core belief, but they all get their eventually. In the mean time they lose money and braincells.

-Bane

20. cal_silverstar

Jul 15, 2002
    I pretty much follow the same philosophy, and like you I ain't down with the whole ancestor worship/alchemy thing.

21. BenduHopkins

Apr 7, 2004
    I pretty much follow the same philosophy, and like you I ain't down with the whole ancestor worship/alchemy thing.

I briefly studied the history of Taoism, and when I learned of religious Taoism, it seemed to me to be a perversion of the philosophies of the Tao Te Ching. Everything gets turned into a religion! Even Star Wars! Sheesh.

22. cal_silverstar

Jul 15, 2002
    Hmmm..a Taoism thread would make for an interesting discussion...[face_thinking]

23. BenduHopkins

Apr 7, 2004
    Taoism isn't controversial enough for this board :p

24. Guinastasia

Jun 9, 2002
    If I ever met Cruise, I think I'd counter his clam talk by trying to recruit him to the Cult of Cthulhu. You know, talk about not wanting to be one of the last ones eaten, the Necronomicon, Miskatonic, Shub Niggarath, the shuggies, Innsmouth, etc.

25. ClonedEmperor

ClonedEmperor Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    Wow, after reading that site... I never knew Scientology was THAT screwed up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.