main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What are your top 10 favorite TCW episodes?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fistofan1, Oct 24, 2010.

1. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Now that we've gone through two and a half seasons of TCW, which episode is your favorite of them all?

*Note: This is NOT for episode discussion, unless you are defending your choice.*

Mine would have to be Destroy Malevolence. All the characters were together, and the plot felt like classic Star Wars without directly copying it. There was excellent humor. The battle droids actually had me bursting out laughing at some points, and C-3PO and R2-D2 provided "classic" humor.

The attention to detail really made this episode shine. I loved the trains, they were so creative! And I loved the mechanical squeal when Anakin squeezed his hand. Even the music worked well, especially the choral elements at the beginning.

How about everyone else?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    My favorite episode is also "Destroy Malevolence". It had all of the main characters together for the first time and it wrapped up the Malevolence arch nicely. Also, Grievous really had time to shine which is always a good thing.

Darth__Syphilis likes this.
  3. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    For an overall best episode that hit all the right notes, I'm going with Innocents of Ryloth. Very strong character journey with fun, great action.

I also liked Plo's debut in Rising Malevolence, though the action was slower.

4. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Last episode of season 2.

5. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    That's Lethal Trackdown.

6. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    After all this time, still my number one favourite: Rising Malevolence. One of the darkest episodes, and in my opinion the Separatist threat still doesn't get any more real than this.

I mean you have this supercool, really scary weapon that takes out cruisers like flies, and then these evilly efficient podhunters (which can double as armour-penetrating dropships for droids.) How awesome is that?! We have a Jedi and Clones out in the void of space, holding on for dear life to an escape-pod.

This is more classic star wars in one episode than the entirety of season three episodes so far. I really mean that.

It's also visually my favourite episode because I'm a sucker for big red planets and floating space debris. :p

Also, it has the Twilight, I -LOVE- the Twilight. One of the coolest Star Wars designs ever. It's right up there with Slave-1, B-Wing Fighter and Moldy Crow. It's even cooler than those three because of its asymmetry.

7. TheLucasAdvocate1992

TheLucasAdvocate1992 Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 14, 2010
    I'd have to say my two favorite episodes, at least as far as Anakin's heroics are concerned, are the ones in the Landing point trilogy, to be more precise the ones with the undead zombie minions and evil bug queen as well as the one where he says the line: "Now where's the fun in that?" Just the way Anakin's voice actor delivered it wowed me. [face_dancing]

8. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    My personal favorite is Duchess of Mandalore. This was one of the few episodes that gave us a hollow victory. There wasn't a very upbeat ending. Sure, Death Watch had been foiled, but it hadn't been beaten. The threat was present throughout the whole episode, and it managed to balance suspense with politics better than any other episode on the show.

9. legosithmaster525

legosithmaster525 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2010
    I'm going to have to go with Innocents of Ryloth. I can't really explain it, but everything just went together perfectly, I wouldn't change anything about the episode. And Obi-Wan was in it [face_dancing]

10. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Rookies. ;)

Darth Basin likes this.
  11. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    I have different favourites for different criteria.

For sheer scale and epicness, it has to go to Landing at Point Rain for obvious reasons.

For a good, classic-feeling single-episode story, I'd say Trespass.

For the best duel, it has to be Lair of Grievous hands down.

For character development, I'd say a combination of Weapons Factory / Brain Invaders for Ahsoka and Anakin.

12. Sword_Of_Goliath

Sword_Of_Goliath Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2010
    "Cat And Mouse" nailed Star Wars 100%.

The first two eps of this season finally gave the clones the script they needed to make them completely sympathetic & human.

"Lair of Grevious" -- 100% perfect.

13. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Bombad Jedi

14. JediBendu

JediBendu Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 1999
    Landing at Point Rain. Or maybe Lightsabre Lost.

15. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    Innocents of Ryloth is by far my favorite. Obi-wan, Clones, Action...it just flowed perfectly. :D

16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Legacy of Terror.

Landing at Point Rain.

I don't have one favourite. I only appreciate some moments and scenes overall.

17. Executor_of_Order66

Executor_of_Order66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2009
    I think Innocents of Ryloth is the best episode so far. We see not only war but the side effects of it too. This is a really serious episode and makes the clone wars seem real and not a joke.

But any of the major battle episodes are good like Landing at point Rain, liberty of Ryloth, ARC troopers, weapons factory... any thing with war because this is the Clone Wars and these episodes actually make it appear there is a really terrible war going on unlike some of the other episodes. hint hint TCW team

18. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Hmm...believe it or not, I have to say Brain Invaders, either that one or Weapons Factory. In fact the whole Geonosis Arc is my top favorite set of episodes in the series. The Malevolence Arc would probably be next on the list.

Oh, also, just because I thought it was funny seeing Obi-Wan as something other than calm, cool, and collected, I really loved "Voyage of Temptation".

19. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    Still "Cloak of Darkness" for me. It was a perfect storm of atmosphere, action, writing, and Gunray. :D

20. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Also, I was going to complain about bad grammar in the thread title, but then I found this chart and it turns out I'm wrong!

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/JoZ/there.jpg]

21. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    :eek: Sory about that. Could a mod please change the title?

22. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
  23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    You and I are of like mind... even if Ahsoka was a little annoying in it, Gunray more than made up for that. Not to mention it's basically the only episode where the Separatists scored a win.

Close runners-up would be Hidden Enemy (the idea behind the plot was awesome), Lethal Trackdown (Hondo and Aurra were awesome), and Brain Invaders (evil Barriss is awesome).

Hey wait... no one else liked Hidden Enemy? Bah!

Just have to be the difficult one all the time... :p

24. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Yeah Brain Invaders is indeed one of the best episodes in the series. Probably my second favourite right behind Rising Malevolence. And Cloak of Darkness is great too. Voyage of Temptation is right up there as well.

25. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    If I had to choose one...well I can't.

Landing at Point Rain and Rookies is tied for me. I could sit at home for 12 hours and watch those 2 episodes back to back without getting bored.

Honorable mentions: ARC Troopers, Lair of Grievous, Ryloth Trilogy, Trespass, rest of the Geonosis arc, Lethal Trackdown, Voyage of Temptation...

..wow I'll end there. :p