main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What are your top 10 favorite TCW episodes?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fistofan1, Oct 24, 2010.

1. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Hm... tough one, as I love every episode of TCW. But, if I had to choose, perhaps Cargo Of Doom. I love the attack on Cad Bane's cruiser, and the torturing/killing of Ropal is both gripping and dark. I love Cad Bane's lines in it as well. And that moment when Ahsoka is getting tortured and there's a close up of Anakin's eye opening, sensing through the Force the torment of his Padawan is also very moving.

A close second/third would have to be Landing At Point Rain and Legacy Of Terror, both action-packed and we get to see some of the history of Geonosis.

2. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Now let's take it a bit further. What is your least favorite episode?

Mine is Corruption. My initial review was positive, but after the "new episode glow" came off, I realized how boring, shallow, and senseless an episode this was. Satine's character was butchered. Would Satine from Season 2 have let Padme and her guards kill multiple sentinents without a second glance? She could barely talk to Obi-Wan after he was involved in the death of a dangerous terrorist that killed multiple people. But she's in favor of directly killing corrupt soft-drink salesmen? :confused:

And the tea plot just broke the camel's back. We watch this show for adventure, not FDA investigations. Seriously, this even beats R2 Come Home in terms of pure terribleness.

3. Executor_of_Order66

Executor_of_Order66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2009
    You don't need to take it any further than that. Corruption is by default the worst episode.

4. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    Least favorite episodes... hmmm...

I really hated Karina, but the rest of that episode was okay I guess.

The two Mandalore episodes we just had were totally unremarkable.

"R2 Come Home" was lame.

5. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Well least favorite doesn't mean the worst episode. Worst episode for me would be Corruption or Senate Spy.

But my least favorite probably would be R2 Come Home. They had an opportunity for a pretty cool episode but they ruined it with bad writing, it's a shame because the animation was stellar, especially the destroyed Jedi Crusier. They could of shown us the surviving clones vs bounty hunters or Mace/Anakin against bounty hunters.

No we don't get that. R2 Come Home gets my vote.

6. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Favourite episode? Mum! Dad! Don't make me chooooose!

From season 1, it's either Shadow of Malevolence, Rookies, Lair of Grievous, Trespass, Blue Shadow Virus or Innocents of Ryloth.

Shadow of Malevolence has Y-Wings! And space battles! And giant creatures in a nebula! Classic SW.

Rookies has a great OT design aesthetic and a giant space-eel that eats a clone.

Lair of Grievous looks like H.R. Giger started making SW. And a giant monster kills a clone. Atmosphere galore.

Trespass looks like classic McQuarrie. Makes me feel like I'm five years old again.

Blue Shadow Virus is great fun, with an alien Nazi B-movie mad scientist played by Michael York(!) who invokes Batman-style Dutch angles whenever he's onscreen. Do I love this episode? Yah! Yahyahyahyahyah!

Innocents of Ryloth always gets me misty-eyed at the end.

Overall, I'd say Trespass wins for season 1 because it's a standalone episode that gets at the heart of the SW philosophy of compassion and respect for other cultures.

Don't ask me about season 2, as I haven't seen the episodes in a while.

Least favourite episode? I'd rather not think about it.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  7. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Personally, Assassin is my least favorite. After four agonizing weeks of hoping for a good episode, it just crashed like a train wreck for me. I just hate it, pure and simple.

8. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I actually really enjoyed this episode and would put it up there as one of my favourites [but then I'm a sucker for R2!] I always figured the extreme negativity towards it stemmed from the title which lets admit it people hated before they saw it. But fair comments -your one of the first I've read to actually give a solid reason why they were so dissapointed with it [but still disagree :D ]

I must be getting old [is 26 old? Probably too old to be enjoying cartoons so much I guess!] but I seem to be wanting to see the more lighthearted side of Star Wars lately than I did as a teen. As cool as bane etc are [and Bane & Aurra are my fave clone wars characters still] can't help but think endless bounty hunter vs clones/ jedi would get ...well...boring . excitement pah, adventure ,meh - a jedi craves not these things :p

anyway I digress

favourite episode ....hmmm how to pick

Cloak of Darkness - felt like a twisted version of ANH with Assajj creeping around in place of old Ben

Legacy of terror - was just weird and I loved it

R2 Come Home - The episode looked stunning and it was Aurra ,Boba & R2

Tresspass - loved the snow battle ,errie shots of the helmets on sticks and great voice work from all [one of my ones to rewatch]

Hostage Crisis - Bane oozes classic western villain , and a bit of Ziro fun

[edit] Lair of Grievous how could I forget thee!!!

Least favourite

easy

Senate Spy- was just a little dull, didn't really care for the inspector character and bail/padme teamup was dry as they are too similar . Give me Bail and Jar Jar or maybe Padme and ...well anyone that isn't her.

9. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I believe you mean Senate Murders.

10. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    No, I just think its the best episode I've seen. I'm not saying this to get a rise out of anyone.

Not only does it bridge the gap between the Prequels and OT with Jar Jar and C-3PO, it has some excellent writing as provided by Kevin Rubio. Jar Jar getting mistaken as a Jedi by the Battle Droids while borrowing Anakin's cape from Padme's ship touches on so many little nuances of Star Wars, it was simple and yet genius as well.

I mean honestly how many episodes have we gotten with C-3PO as a prominate character?

It silly, but it really works on almost every level.

11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I know man -- I'm just messing with you.:p I honestly didn't hate it or anything, but I distinctively recall it was not the most popular of episodes when it came out.

12. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    I liked Bombad Jedi too, really. Nice episode. Not exactly something that springs to mind, but a very nice comedy adventure. :p

13. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Thats the one :D

I always mix the two names up.

To be honest the more i think about it ,it's probably because I can't really recall senate Spy at all so they've rolled into. one.

14. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    Favorite: Landing at Point Rain (even though Cloak of Darkness, Lair of Grievous, Hostage Crisis and Grievous Intrigue stand out as well)
    Least: I can't choose between Corruption and The Academy

15. CadB

CadB Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2010
    Favorite episode :

Hostage Crisis : Bane First appearance

Children of the Force : So awesome

Cargo Of Doom

Least :

Corruption

Bombed Jedi

16. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    EDIT: Lightsaber Lost.

17. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Least favourite, eh?

Off the top of my head, the episodes I didn't like:

- The Gungan General, but at least it had some cool Jar Jar and Monkey Lizard moments
    - Blue Shadow Virus was a boring cliché
    - Mystery of a Thousand Moons had that really annoying kid
    - Senate Spy was just very unremarkable
    - Senate Murders was an awfully executed 'whodunnit'
    - Lethal Trackdown was horribly contrived nonsense but at least Aurra and the bar were cool
    - Supply Lines didn't make any sense whatsoever
    (Sphere of Influence was mediocre but slightly passable, so I'll just let it slide)
    (Same for Corruption)
    - The Academy was predictable and felt very uninspired
    - Assassin was a prime example of bad writing and anti-climactic storytelling, also: Visions-On-Demand!

Okay, well, looking at that list I can safely say I absolutely despised Senate Murders the most.

18. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Favorite hmmm....in no particular order:
    Ryloth Trilogy (best of the 3: Innocents)
    Rookies "trilogy" (best o 3: Rookies)
    Malevolence Trilogy (best: shadow)
    Geonosis quadlogy (best: Point Rain)
    Ambush
    Bounty Hunters
    Cat and Mouse
    Boba fett trilogy - R2 Come home (best...lethal trackdown)
    Cloak of Darkness
    Hidden Enemy
    The first Mandalore Trilogy (best: Duchess)
    The Deserter.

Dam...that's like...half the episodes. Meh, guess I am indecisive

Elast favorite: If I don't like it, then I didn't bother to remember it.

19. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    I like "Bombad Jedi" too, mostly because it seemed deliberately calculated to make aging nerds sick with impotent rage. :D

20. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I did love Bombad Jedi. Such a good mix of action and humor. To be honest, I love the show as a whole, but no episodes of Season 3 and many episodes of Season 2 haven't had the same...charm of S1.

Seriously, watch a few episodes from S1, then a few of S3, and you'll see what I'm talking about. The character interactions and action scenes just seemed more...engaging back in S1. I really can't explain it...

Darthgoodguy likes this.
  21. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    1. Lair of Grievous - 10/10
    2. Grievous Intrigue - 10/10
    3. ARC Troopers - 10/10
    4. The Lawless - 10/10
    5. Revival - 10/10
    6. Bounty - 10/10
    7. Wookiee Hunt - 9.5/10
    8. Shades of Reason - 9.5/10
    9. Carnage of Krell - 9.5/10
    10. A Necessary Bond - 9.5/10

I like episodes with great duels and a lot of action, plus episodes that have characters I really like always makes them better.

22. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
  23. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Dammit, I couldn't find any, guess I wasn't looking hard enough.

24. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Search baaar!
    Click "search titles only", that also makes it easier in finding old threads. :)

25. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Thanks for moving it Seerow.