main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA What aspects of Star Wars Fandom Interest you?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by amaunet, Dec 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Just to get discussion going on in here....

What is your opinion of the topic?

Do you like the books? Comics? Costuming? Something else?

Obiviously, I am a gamer, read most of the books, have done some costuming, and even written some fiction.

Everyone Else?

2. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    I'm a heavy-duty bookworm. :-B

But I've asked for volume 4 of the Republic comics!

3. 21gninja

21gninja Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2004
    The Film making side and how the special effects have evolved

4. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    I seriously enjoy the novels that have spawned from the movies. I also am into the art side, conceptual and fan. :)

5. Underpaid_Soldier

Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Pretty much everything about Star Wars fandom I find interesting [face_laugh]. Though I'll be more specific on what I enjoy or actually do.

- The film making, special effects, and behind the scenes.
    - Video gaming.
    - Read some of novels and comics when I can.
    - Listening to the soundtracks (Cantina Band #2 all the way!)

I'm probally leaving something out, I just know it.

6. Kmunee

Kmunee Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2001
    I am new to the area. Just moved here from Hawaii. I am into the Star wars videogames(KOTOR set the standard), the books(NJO series has really impressed me), the comics(which give visualization to the written word), and the overall lore\history invloved in the Star Wars universe.

7. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    Welcome to the Richmond FF, Kmunee! :)

And I feel over-done by Underpaid. [face_plain] The soundtracks are amazing. :D

8. Kmunee

Kmunee Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2001
    Thanx for the warm welcome! So, what do you crazy kids do around here for fun, besides waiting for May 19th?

Sorry if that is a little off the subject, but to put us back on track, I forgot to say that I am really like The Clone Wars on cartoon network.

9. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Welcome to the group...(sorry for the late response, but RL is kinda busy these days)

For fun, I can say personally that I have an RPG group that runs monthly SW and other games. Outside that, I have very little time for things of the SW nature (other than shopping for the cool new toys lol). Sadly I used to costume, and was very active in other areas...and I do video games when I have some down time.

Again, welcome and let me know if you have any questions.

10. JediMistressDragon

JediMistressDragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 1999
    As my husband and I are both into most thing s SciFi/fantasy/horror related we enjoy Star Wars. Hubby it's mainly the films, collecting and costuming (he has trooper and Imperial officer costumes), while for me it's the films, some books, costuming and comics and collecting.
    Pam

11. Shockley

Shockley Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    I personally enjoy video games, though nothing replaces the movies...

I want to get into Costuming, but materials and financial problems arise quickly with my income...

I love the Shadows of the Empire story, which I have the comic to, and I wished they made a movie on it and my favorite character is Dash Rendar... of course.

12. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Welcome aboard...

Star Wars video games are definately addicting and a good way to spend time between movies :)

As for costuming, yes it can be rather expensive, but if you find the right group of people or the right event to attend in costume, it is well worth the effort :)

13. Shockley

Shockley Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    Thanks!

I'm glad to see there are other people in the Richmond area that into Star Wars like I am and I look forward to a lo tof good posting ;)

14. DERTHH_MAWLZ

DERTHH_MAWLZ Jedi Master star 1

Aug 5, 2005
    Old thread, but I'll contribute anyway. Love the movies, love the toys, and just getting into creating my own EL lightsabers. Also play Star Wars Galaxies on the Eclipse server, anyone else play SWG?

Derthh

15. StrangeWings

StrangeWings Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    It's my escape from reality. I love everything about SW. Movies, books, costuming, creating sabers...etc. When I'm thinking about SW I don't have a crappy job, I don't have bills, I don't have stress...well except for the pesky sith or vong. I decided that if I ever do go crazy I really hope that I think I am in the SW universe and a Jedi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.