main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA What aspects of Star Wars Fandom Interest you?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by amaunet, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Since the thread by the same name from last year has been locked, and we have a ton on new blood...

Let's hear what everyone is interested in.

I know we have several people who are interested in starting/already have costumes. There are a couple of us with lightsabers we have created ourselves. Along with those who collect figures.

But what else?
    The more we find we have in common, the more ideas that will come to us on different activities we can do.

Me: I did the costume thing for C2 -- Nothing like making your own costumes and parading around with those who just bought their's ;) I also made a pair of sabers to go with -- not lit because of the concern about carrying them around all week. And I read most anything SW out there along with the RPG and some light collecting (mainly figures that strike a personal interest--rather than anything that comes out-- along with the Star Wars Miniatures which are used for our RPG Games)

2. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    My main interests are costuming for doing children's events and of course building and dualing with lightsabers. Other props interest me as well but I focus on the saber and staff.
    As said before I used to do a bit of collecting but space and other priorities took care of that. I really enjoy the books from pretty much all the points on the timeline as well as KOTOR and KOTOR II managed to sit me in front of a xbox for a while.
    Empire at war is waiting for me to jump into and I already know I need to go at it with Tetmatek but the gaming computer is not up right now.

3. ibrahim

ibrahim Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2002
    12" figures and customizing. Watching Star Wars OT and loving it. Watching Star Wars PT and love hating it. Comics. Full scale stuff - mostly rubber stunt blasters and Boba Fettcostume parts. Studying screen shots and scrutinizing weird details to the nth degreee. Die Cast collectables - bunch of collectables really (I have a Star Wars room!) Video games - Jedi Knight and KOTOR are favorites.

4. DERTHH_MAWLZ

DERTHH_MAWLZ Jedi Master star 1

Aug 5, 2005
    Those 12" customs you do are great Ibrahim.

Right now my interest is saber crafting and collecting. I have several of the Master Replicas (MR) lightsabers, and converted one of the Vader ones to a Luxeon LED with removeable blade. I have several handcrafted hilts for display, two homemade regular sized EL hilts and 1 kid sized one. Have a few works in progress that will be LED sabers in the near future. I'm almost completed with an Anakin AOTC MR hilt with the MR Vader guts that are converted to a white LED so I can change the color using color discs.

I have a pretty large collection of SW figures from the 90's till today, the 5 3/4 inch ones in package, and some 12" and various ships and odd and ends. I have some of the older stuff but most of it is pretty beat up. Used to collect X-men and Aliens figures also.

My latest interest is creating lightsaber blueprints similar to the MR blueprints, but at a fraction of the cost. I have completed Vader, Maul, Mace and Yoda so far. I am also looking into costuming, I am on the lookout for some reasonable Clone armor to start (though I will probably end up with the more reasonably priced Royal Guard), with an eventual goal of having a few armor suits for display and hopefully do some charity work with the 501st.

5. StrangeWings

StrangeWings Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    I guess for me it is saber making. Props and costumes as well. I really enjoy the books. So far I think that I have read over 80. Slightly off topic..pick up the new book. If you followed the NJO series you will love it. No big killer bugs this time...real bad guys. Ok back on topic. I guess for me my favorite thing about star wars is just thinking about it..and not thinking about real life. And yes...I know...it's just a movie....or 6.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.