main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Attracts You Most To Padme?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Fallen_Apprentice, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MandalorianJango

MandalorianJango Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    Mostly the body :D :D!!

2. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    Padme is ugly!

3. YODA_SITH

YODA_SITH Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    O.k. han solo 321 I think your crazy she is soooooooooooooooo sooooooooooooooooooooo hot every thing about her is great her body her personality everything but mostly the hotness.

4. MandalorianJango

MandalorianJango Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    I would agree with Yoda_Smith Padme is really hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D [face_love]

5. VaderDarkLordofSith

VaderDarkLordofSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2003
    Her super duper hot body, her intelligence, her ability to shoot a laser rifle, heck, EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

[woooooooooooohhh!!!!!]

(oh, baby...)

6. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Her flat acting and her flat body.

7. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    JohnWilliams00: The thread specifically asks why you attracted to Padme, not "Padme bashers unite." I am sick of your bashing. You even bash when you're not supposed to! If you don't like the Prequals, don't discuss them, don't watch them. Simple as that. Now get out! And I'm not trying to start a flame war. I'm just telling you to go somewhere you can bash without getting us mad.

8. Han_So_Low

Han_So_Low Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2003
    Her ankles and toes... I'd love for her to slip them into me. [face_love]

Unlike the rest of you, that don't have a chance, she wasn't wear SOCKS in the movie..
    Being a SOCK has it's advantages. :D

9. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    I'm crazy about Natalie Portman cause she's smart, looks hot, and has great eyes!!!! It's always been how smart and how their eyes are for me! She also has a great body! But she doesn't act like those other stupid girls that are in movies.

10. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Portman uses two methods of acting in her portrayal of Padme. She has a "business voice"-the very stiff monotone with the accent, and the "Padme voice"-a normal, relaxed tone and style of acting. people who aren't too observent or just want to bash her have turned this in to "wooden" or "flat" acting. Besides her good looks and great costumes (of course), what I like about Padme is her subtle character. She is, at heart, a melancholy, sad character. This had been done quite a bit in fantasy fiction with characters like Peter Parker, Scott Summers, or even the OT's own Luke Skywalker, but I've never seen it done with a female character before. I don't know how many people have picked up on this aspect of her character, but it really works for me. By the time the SW saga is complete, Padme will end up being one of the most sympathetic characters I've ever encountered. Lucas really has written her character to match the impressions Leia gave of her in ROTJ. The saddest thing is, Padme will probably not even live to be 30 years old, lose her husband to the dark side, and never know her children. That's just plain tragic. I think Lucas and Natalie have done a good job with the character. A doomed character like Padme needs to draw sympathy from the audience, while making them like her at they same time. For me, they've done that.

11. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Is this a trick question? She's HOT!!!

12. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    [image=http://mywebpages.comcast.net/incom4/Natalie%20Portman%2001.jpg]

She looks hot to me!

13. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Whitey:

JohnWilliams00: The thread specifically asks why you attracted to Padme, not "Padme bashers unite." I am sick of your bashing. You even bash when you're not supposed to! If you don't like the Prequals, don't discuss them, don't watch them. Simple as that. Now get out! And I'm not trying to start a flame war. I'm just telling you to go somewhere you can bash without getting us mad.

Um, no, Mr. SOCK. I don't know who you are, or where you came from, but from here on out, I'll post whatever I want as long as it's within the TOS. I'm personally sick of "exclusive" threads that bar certain users and certain opinions, and I'm tired of people with no sense of humor. I did nothing wrong but post my opinion. One post and it seems like the Apocalypse has started with you.

I'm going to start my own thread "What do you hate most about Anakin?" You aren't welcome in there. So don't post in it. *rolleyes*

14. vampire-jing

vampire-jing Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2002
    Well said,appleseed.Padme's subtle character works very well for me,too.Her sad expressions are very touching.just look at these pictures:

[image=http://www.october-rain.com/writtenstars/padme/ep2/037.jpg] [image=http://moonsofiego.thepensieve.net/padme/images/aotc/tatooine/pdconfession1.jpg] [image=http://moonsofiego.thepensieve.net/padme/images/aotc/tatooine/pdsunset.jpg] [image=http://moonsofiego.thepensieve.net/padme/images/aotc/promo/verycool.jpg]

NP is really good at facial expressions,she brought calmness and tenderness into Padme's character.

15. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    I think Padme's hotness is what attracts Anakin the most as well. Maybe her rebelliousness attracts him too, but I think it's mostly cuz she's hot.

16. RODIMUS-PRIME

RODIMUS-PRIME Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2003
    She does have an attractive figure, though somewhat skinny, but I don't think she has a nice smile. (However, I do prefer Carrie Fisher when she was playing Leia. She was more attractive.)

17. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    I'm going to start my own thread "What do you hate most about Anakin?" You aren't welcome in there. So don't post in it. *rolleyes*

I wouldn't care. I've never even visited a basher thread. And there's a reason these "exclusive" threads are made. So bashers and gushers don't get all pissy and start flame wars with each other. And I'm not a sock, have you ever heard of the word "newbie?" Since you obviously haven't, I'll spell it for you: N-e-w-b-i-e.

18. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Thanks, vampire-jing. I'm really surprised more people don't see this aspect of her character, but I guess they can't get around how pretty she is...which is understandable.

19. PantherPower

PantherPower Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2003
    Padme looks beautiful and is bit more intelligent then some of the women in Star Wars.

20. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    Stop all swearing and flaming in this thread immediately, or I am goin' on a banning spree. Consider this a blanket warning. Got it?

Anyway.....I was first attracted to Padmé because she has qualities that remind me of Leia, whom I adored as a child. Since then, the character has grown on me, and I just love her to death, like I love her daughter.

21. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Great pic neeldawg66! Natalie is really hot! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

22. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Everything about her. She is perfect :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.