What became of Geonosis?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Matt-trooper, Apr 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. Matt-trooper Jedi Knight

star 3
    What do you think ever became of Geonosis after the war began?
    Did the republic take control of it or did the sepratists try to reclaim the droid factories there?

2. Rogan_Agar Jedi Master

star 4
    I guess we will have to wait. Maybe it was destroyed during the Clone Wars? Or maybe Tarkin tried the superlaser on the planet? Possibilities are endless...
  3. ClonedEmperor Jedi Master

star 4
    Theres a level in Rogue Squadron 3: Rebel Strike in which Wedge crash lands on Geonosian. Its pretty much as its been, as you can see a busted droid orb in the background, and theres an old (but working) Republic Gunship. There is also a few squads of battle droids which try to destroy you. Im pretty sure once the Separitists pulled out, the planets economy collapsed.
  4. Grand_Admiral_Mark Jedi Knight

star 1
    In the game Rogue Squad. iii, there is also Obi-Wans Jedi Starfighter you take control of
  5. Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Master

star 4
    You might do better asking about this in the Expanded Universe: Literature forum, only because I think that's the only source that might have anything to do with it...
  6. Delta_62 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    That Jedi Starfighter is the best freakin' ship in that game.
  7. Jedi_Meb Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I know. For some odd reason they gave it the most godly awesome weapons that are seismic charges. Just launching your INFINITE amount of those boms is just so cool... ^_^
  8. Tokio_Drifter Jedi Knight

star 2
    That's a cool mission, especially the final act of it when you have to destroy those cool 'pointy' capital ships! :D

Oh yeah, and Geonosis got left behind, it served it purpose: it started the war.
  9. An_Aussie_Fan Jedi Padawan

I don't think that Rebel Strike gives a true explanation. Think the Battle of Geonosis was the opening battle of the Clone Wars. Do you really think that working Battle Droids, Gunship and a Jedi Starfighter would be left around. Surely both sides would have taken what was left over for other battles. Also in one of the cut scenes a Trade Federation can be seen in the background that appears to undamaged (although that could the ship from the deleted droid ship scene from AOTC). At any rate the Republic won that battle however if the enemy had left anything behind you would think that it would be checked out for intelligence reasons. They could have reprogrammed the battle droids left behind. If there were battle droids serving the Republic they could be reintroduced to the separatists army they could simply act as a spy or if they could get close enough to the weaker figureheads such as Nute Gunray, San Hill, Wat Tambor etc, they could act as assassins. Surely think the were just left there they would have rusted and such by the time the events of Rebel Strike occur. As much as I enjoyed seeing part of the EU joining the PT and the OT together. To me it seemed cheesy and fake and not part of cannon.
  10. Alpha-Red Force Ghost

star 5
    "Jedi Trial" mentioned something about battle droids malfunctioning after a couple of weeks without maintainence. Those droids have been left on that planet for decades without maintainence, power supplies, anything. They could not have still been operational if for some reason the Rebels decided to visit the place.
  11. NeoBaggins Jedi Grand Master

star 5

It became an Ant Farm tended to by Alf?

[image=http://alpha.zimage.com/~ant/antfarm/read/Alf-Ep073/3.jpg]
  12. ClonedEmperor Jedi Master

star 4
    Remember, it is a game (not sureif its cannon) And its possible i suppose, that when they malfunctioned, they still thought they were at the battle, andattacked anyone who came near them (if i remember right, they didnt help the stormtroopers either)
  13. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Force Ghost

star 5
    ^^^ Games are on the same level canon as the books, comics and cartoons. One step below the movies.
  14. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    People have different views about what is and is not canon. We need to respect that.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.