1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:SA What book are u reading at the moment or have recently read??

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by TK1571, Sep 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK1571 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just wondering what people are reading and their comments on the books....kinda of like a book review only shorter
  2. TK1571 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I am in the slow process of reading the Mars Trilogy by Kim Stanley Robinson. Finished Red Mars, cool way of how Mars would be colonised...just started on Green Mars.
  3. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Eh...I am still struggling through that Mara and Luke thing......agony......
  4. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Not a fan of Survivor's Quest eh?

I just finished rereading Area 51 by Matthew Reilly; I think I'll have another go at The Way Between the Worlds series by Ian Irvine next.
  5. Darth_Meanders Force Ghost

star 5
    I really enjoyed the Red, Green and Blue Mars trilogy.

Currently re-reading "Crytonomicon" by Neal Stephenson. In brief its a 'techno thriller", with stories spanning the code cracking efforts of WWII and the establishment of a 'data haven' in the Philipines in the present data. It has a historical edge to it, in that the fictional characters are involved with actual people and events. It appeals to my techy side :)
  6. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    I tried several times to read Red Mars when I was in my mid-teens and I just could not get into it. I think I might have to try again soon.

I've just started reading the NJO from the start, reading Dark Tide II: Ruin .
  7. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Not a SQ fan at all......it's way too 'mushy' for my liking...I expected Mara to be much more 'aggresive' in the romance dept. It's just dragging, I read a bit in hospital a month back, but haven't picked it up since....I may never finish it. :(
  8. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
    Just read "Thomas the Tank Engine & the Tiger" to Aaron. Started slower than I expected but had a happy ending. Happy TK ?
  9. Nawara-Ven Jedi Knight

star 3
    Read? What is this read?
    I don't have time to read a newspaper at the moment.
    Closest I get is looking at the pattern on the toilet paper.
  10. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
    If you weren't a jedi... I think i'd like you. My sense of humor! Interested in joining the darkside?
  11. Nawara-Ven Jedi Knight

star 3
    hmmmm
    maybe I could try the dark side, it seems a lot more fun than this goody-two shoes light side stuff.

Are there any initiations I have to do? Can I be powerful and sadistic?
  12. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Of course.....powerful and sadistic goes with the job...and training.....spend a week with Evil if you survive..you're in. ;)
  13. Nawara-Ven Jedi Knight

star 3
    I thought you were a light sider A-D?
  14. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Me? Naw....not for a while now.....about 18 months I'd say.......although Evil has the monopoly on the darkness........
  15. TK1571 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    AD made a wise move :D after all "the dark side" has a better retirement plan and a better frequent evil scheme points system to boot...

Still waiting on my ewok ugg boots though :(
  16. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
  17. TK1571 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Only us TKs get them :p

They go well with the white armour ;)

You DLs have better rewards than us lowly footmen, gee look at The emperor he got his own DS and Vader a Super Star destroyer...what more could an evil Lord want....
  18. Nawara-Ven Jedi Knight

star 3
    I want some Ewok ugg boots! What do I have to do TK? I really don't want to be anything spectacular, just something a little nasty and evil who inflicts great amounts of pain on those who annoy the *@?! out of me.
  19. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Unfortunately, wearing the armour is great for everyone else and lousy for you and that is what you have to do!
  20. Nawara-Ven Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've seen the female stormtrooper armour, A-D, do you wear that? I can imagine it being uncomfortable, is it easy to move around in?
  21. Darth_Meanders Force Ghost

star 5
    Its amazing how quickly these threads go off topic ;)

I've seen the female armour as well. I've also seen A-D.... I shall stop at this point if I know what's good for me.

So.... [face_whistling] ... what else have you been reading?
  22. TK1571 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yep... lets not go there ;)

although i do know of a female trooper over in QLD but she wears normal armour....

still trying to finish Blue Mars, too many things getting in the way :(
  23. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Me? Wear Armour? Puuuullleeeeaaassee!! I have some common sense!! I've seen the blood blisters!

And just what are you two implying there?? DM? TK? Remember I am seeing you both this weekend, I may have to punch you both up!!! [face_devil]
  24. TK1571 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I didnt mean anything...Honest :D ;)
    Besides arent u a little short for a stormtrooper....

gee i keep getting myself into trouble, now i am going to get it from AD and DM

Hope DM has forgotten about it :D
  25. Nawara-Ven Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ohhhh, I'm sorry A-D, I just thought from the way you were 'talking' that you wore the armour, you said it with such authority.

As for reading, yes, today I did read the paper. Is that a good beginning T-K?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.