main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What book or trilogy should i read next ?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthSmoke, Dec 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSmoke

DarthSmoke Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2001
    hey i have started to read all the books and have gotton courtship of princess leia, truce at bakara, the heir to the emipre trigoly . both dark empire comics books (luke evil was cool), and now reading the jedi academy tri, ...... i heard there are a series that i would not want to read ....something of bounty hunters????

(sorry , i just need a lot of catching up to do )

and what book or series do i look for next?

thanks for any info you can impart

2. jedigandy

jedigandy Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2001
    i would read all nine x-wing novels next. they are some of the best written and funniest novels there are. then i would read the hand of thrawn duology. it introduces several new characters and luke and mara get together. then head on to the new jedi order. all of the above-mentioned books you can get in paperback except the newest book, Star by Star. but it is definitely worth the price of the hardcover. but i would most recommend the x-wing books next. they're the best!

p.s. you might want to pick up the union trade paperback. luke and mara get married and everybody in the universe makes a guest appearance!!

3. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Yeah, picking up the X-Wing would be a good idea, for sure.

4. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    Avoid the Crystal Star at all costs. Darksaber isn't all that great either. Other than that, they're all pretty decent, but I'd go with the above suggestions. Also, the Tales of the Jedi comics are now all out in trade paperbacks. I thought they were pretty good. It was interesting to read about the ancient jedi. The only problem I had with the comics was the artwork. I thought the characters looked great, but the tech. (not a very important part of the overall story, I know) just wasn't drawn that great, especially the ships.

5. Corran

Corran Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    After the jedi academy u have two roads to go
    1. read the 9 X-wing books so you get to know corran and then read I, Jedi
    2. read I jedi first then the x-wing

I jedi is about the same period as Jedi academy and is part of each other

6. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    X-Wing and I Jedi, try to start with Rogue Squadron , its pretty good but Krytos Trap (latter part) and Bacta War are really good. If ou can't get them then try any other Stackpole or Zahn book.

Avoid Bounty Hunter Trilogy at all costs. (The only ones I have not fully read)

7. Ian_Ball

Ian_Ball Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    HEH, by the way DarthSmoke, hurry up with my JA trilogy!

8. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    (1) X-Wing series
    (2) Thrawn trilogy
    (3) I, Jedi
    (4) Star by Star

9. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I never read X-wing and I don't feel like I missed out on much. I mean, it doesn't seem as if they're crucial to the SW continum as say, TTT ot Jedi Academy. I think that's an awful lot of reading for a series that does not serve to further or progress the EU. However, if your just looking for a good read, well, who's to stop you?

10. Corran_Katarn

Corran_Katarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    STAY AWAY FROM PLANET OF TWILIGHT!!!! Don't even touch it!

11. kz1000_jay

kz1000_jay Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2001
    If you've never read X-Wing, how can you know how much you haven't missed out on?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.