main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What book would you like to see the most?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Gatherer, Jan 24, 2002.

?

What book would you like to see the most?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Princess Leia backstory (as proposed by A.C. Crispin)

14.9%
  2. TIE Fighter series (similar to the X-Wing novels)

7.9%
  3. Outbound Flight Project Mission (Palpatine, C'Baoth, Thrawn, etc.)

14.9%
  4. The Next Generation (Ben Skywalker, etc.)

9.6%
  5. Dark Empire Trilogy Adaption

8.8%
  6. Palpatine Biography (first person perspective novel, ala "I, Jedi")

2.6%
  7. The Old Jedi Order (large story arc like NJO, but set in the Old Republic)

19.3%
  8. Birth of the Republic / Jedi

4.4%
  9. A Count Dooku Novel

3.5%
  10. A multi-arc sequel to NJO

14.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JADES_FIRE

JADES_FIRE Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Outbound flight for me. :D Although seeing a young Winter [face_love] in the Leia backstory would be cool. :D

2. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Anakin Solo 73: I like your idea too. I don't know how I missed it. But let's go even farther back, before there was a Temple and a Council.

3. Anakin_Solo73

Anakin_Solo73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2001
    Why not a story set 25,000 years before TPM? Let's tell the story of how the Jedi Knights formed and the Republic.

I actually have an idea for this. With systems expanding past the core and exploring the galaxy, the Jedi followers start to take more and more recruits. The Jedi Knights then form a Council which acts as the ruling body of the galaxy. The Council is a larger number of Jedi than the TPM era council.

The outer rim systems and a few core systems revolt because they don't like the idea of a superior group of people who have exclusive powers controling them. The galaxy is thrown into civil war.

There is a rift in the Jedi Knights (the emergence of the Sith) who want ot use the force for abusive powers. The Jedi unite with the revolting systems. They all take on the Sith Empire. When the Sith falls, The galaxy unites.

The ruling Jedi council decides that it would be better if the Jedi did not devote time to politics of controling the galaxy. They feel that it would be better for the systems to govern themselves. Instead, the Jedi see themselves as the appointed ones of the force to protect the galaxy.

4. Elite_Guard

Elite_Guard Jedi Master star 2

Oct 7, 2001
    all of them!!! and the more the better!!!

5. Anakin_Solo73

Anakin_Solo73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2001
    a young yoda story

6. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    I voted for the Ben Skywalker era, but a story I want told more than anything is Luke and Leia finally learning about Padme.

7. obi-wannabe1

obi-wannabe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    TIE fighter series!!! i've been waiting for them to do that since the X-wing series.

(also a trilogy focusing on Fel's time trying to find his wife and how he hooks up with the chiss would be cool)

8. Danamel99

Danamel99 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    I'm torn! I would love to read more about the outbound flight project, but I would also love to see a post-NJO Jaina, Jacen, Ben...assuming they live ofcourse!

9. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Fill in the stuff from Jedi vs. Sith to Jedi Apprentice! Give us some stories with a "middle-aged" Yoda! :D

10. mr.binks

mr.binks Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 1999
    I'd love to see just about every choice listed (save palpitine and dooku), but I KNOW that a novel trilogy redo of Dark Empire is SO friggin' needed.

As the most powerful and influential lit in the EU (and also the reason many now hate the EU) there is no doubt in my mind that it needs to be revamped in writing.

As it is Dark Empire is usually the most confusing and ignored peice os EU hist. People wonder how Anakin suddenly showed up or why Palpitine is said to have been ressurected. ALL Anti-EUers start with the inconsistancies of Dark Empire.

But, with a little help we could easily have Ep VII, VIII IX (EU style).

There's a lot of fun material, from Rogue squad to the only real whuppence the NR has felt yet. (Yeah, the Vong are close but not quite.)

And the additional sub-plots that could be added would make any EU fan drool.

Mara...

Is is really Palpitine...

Corran...

OH AND IT'D FINALLY GIVE THE E-WING GOOD SCENES

... What?! ;)

11. DaJames2

DaJames2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2002
    I was so torn when choosing my vote. All the ideas were things i wanted to see ! Why can't they just make them all ? ;)

Getting back to Dark Empire, i managed to pick up DE and DE2 TPBs a couple of months ago, and i must say that when one reads it, it all seems a little contrived. I'm not a big comics reader, so maybe that's the signature of the medium, but i do think that novels would make it seem extremely real to me. And while i do get that the events of DE are huge, the amount of referencing to it within the novels seems a little unfair. The X-wing novels had one character, and a return to Twi'lek (sp), along with a clear statement that this was a revamped group. The actual events of the comics (except Baron Fel) were not repeated. And keep in mind that the X-wing books follow-on from the comics. Kyle Katarn, despite being in games and comics, has never once had a novel reference. Given this, it's easy to see how newbies get confused, as the novels never seem refer to any other comics, that they spend agonising hours trying to locate this elusive 'novel'. I know i've spent some time in that pursuit.

12. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    Im right there with some of you. I would like to see a majority of them. ESPECIALLY A DARK EMPIRE NOVEL! I hate the comic! UHG! Anyways, I would also like to see a prequel era with Thrawn, C'boath, and Palpy. That could be really interesting.

13. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I would love to see a Leia backstory. I think that she has been ignored in that area and it is time we learn about her life post Luke. I'm intersted in her life as the Princess of Alderaan and her relationship with her father, Bail. I'd also like to see a Post NJO story arc in which Leia and Luke find out about thier mother.

14. Dire_Wolf

Dire_Wolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    I vote TIE fighter. I love stories form the empires side.

15. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    NJO sequels.

16. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Hmm, interesting results so far, with the majority wanting a large, mulit-book arc featuring the Old Jedi Order, closely followed by the Princess Leia backstory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.