main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Bookmark do you have?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ganner_rhysode, Sep 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Bib Fortuna, how do you leave the book open without damaging the spine in any way??

2. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    Usually I just remember the page number, or sometimes I'll use this bookmark my sister gave me which has all sorts of funky info on my star sign, Aquarius. According to the bookmark, I'm friendly, loyal, honest, contrary, unpredictable and original. My colour is apparently turqoise. Amazing what you can fit on a bookmark :D

3. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    For paperback Star Wars books, I use one of the Darth Vader bookmarks I got free from my library. I'm always losing them around the house, so I got several. If it's a hardcover, I just use the dust jacket flaps. If it's a young adult book, I use some EPI gift tags we got a couple of years ago.

I only dog-ear when I come across something interesting, like an obscure reference or a funny line, that I want to be able to find easily.

TC

4. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    I have to be honest.. more often than not I use the recipt from the bookstore.

5. JediAaron

JediAaron Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2001
    I have a Empire Strikes Back Post Card. Does that count?

6. distantcamisa

distantcamisa Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2001
    i bout 5 episode one bookmarks with beads. as the tassels broke i put the beads on a string and created a neclace out of them. i've been using the obi-wan card that came with the latest insider for a bookmark most recently though.

7. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    haha, this should be interesting. Well lets see, for REAL bookmarks I have a nice Episode I bookmark my friend bought for me but some jerkpunk BENT it during the PSSAs! I was quite mad. I also think I have a few from the Pittsburgh Zoo. Oh yeah, my greatest accomplishment was my rokkenous SW bookmark I made for the Ep. I novel. I rubber cemented a picture of Obi Wan and Qui Gon together with a self made tassel in between. Nothing like ingenuity.

I have some books marked with postcards I got from Washington DC, napkins, computer paper, toilet paper, magazines, cd player, candy wrappers, a comb, dogtags, stuffed animals, all kinds of stuff....of course that is not for long periods of time, just when i need a food break or something of the like. Right now, I have To Kill a Mockingbird marked with a handkerchief. I'm rather......disorganized. oh well.

8. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    I have a Maul bookmark, but generally I just dog-ear.

9. Ace-777

Ace-777 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2001
    i use a 5 year old boarding pass for lazerstar (sort of a interactive video game) used it to read all the starwars books from tales of bounty hunters to rebirth.

10. Darth Thrawn

Darth Thrawn Jedi Master star 3

Mar 18, 2000
    i got a darth vader bookmark with the hardcover version of spectre of the past

11. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    I just have a blue bookmark with the Yin/Yang symbol on the front, and a brief history of the symbol on the back. It has a tassel, which had a small bead with the symbol on it, but that fell off. I bought it at the same time I bought a Wheel of Time book, so that probably influenced me a little.

12. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    I use my Aunt Beru CCG card.

13. Alpha_Geek

Alpha_Geek Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2001
    I have a long red circuit board bookmark that I bought at a Walden's Books a year or two ago. It's really groovy. Lot's'a people like it.

14. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Mine was well liked too. That's why the bead is no longer on it(someone was fiddling around with it while I was reading, the bead fell off).

15. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    >I have to be honest.. more often than not I use the recipt from the bookstore.

LOL. I buy my SW books second-hand, and there are quite a few with the receipt still inside. Sometimes I get one from another state. It's cool.

TC

16. JediLurker

JediLurker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2001
    Bookmarks? Who needs bookmarks? I never need them.... which is probably why my eyes are so bad too. ;)

17. RingoJuna

RingoJuna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2001
    I use an index card with a reminder about a dentist appointment on it from a year or so ago. I know, i'm strange

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.