main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What brought you to the EU ?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mat Skywalker, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Well considering with Legacy books and comics out and being the fifth era of Star Wars, I wanted to know what made people go beyond the movies in the first place and has the Expanded Universe been what you expected ?

My personal experience was I first started reading the GODV series after watching the OT special edition......sigh [face_tired] needless to say I dropped out of EU until the prequels were release I was expecting there to be a sequel trilogy but GL announce that he wouldn't be making anymore films. So I started out with the NJO( plus SOTE for N64 )and the rest was history. ;)

Redirecting to the previous What brought you to [the] EU? thread.

2. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I was first brought to the EU by Jedi Knight and Glove of Darth Vader. My stepbrother bought JK around the same time that I found The Glove of Darth Vader in my school's library.

3. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Actually, it was my collections of toys and Micro Machines. Once the SotE figures started coming out, and they released a few sets of EU Micro Machines, I decided to see what in the world I was buying. I bought Shadows and Truce at Bakura. After I read those, I dropped out of the EU until AOTC came out and my friend started reading Republic. I read the Kamino arc, and from that point I just went EU crazy.

Edit: I forgot about video games... I was playing X-wing and Dark Forces way before any of that Shadows stuff came out. So, if that counts...

4. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    We had a thread about this exact same topic, with a near identical title a couple of weeks ago. I'll try and find it...

5. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    It actually came from me being into Star Trek, specifically Mike Okuda's guidebooks. Then one day I saw a new book in the sci-fi section called the "Star Wars Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels." It was basically reading that, and the snippits of TTT/JAT information that got my interests up in the EU.

6. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    I just wanted MORE. I watched the classic trilogy, and again, and again, and when I found out there were books, I wanted to find out what happened next.

Movies are great, but there are only six Star Wars movies (there were three at the time) and so much more to explore than can be done in three, or six, films.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've been reading the adult novels since the beginning, but I only started getting the comics and comic TPBs since AOTC-time. I had a lot of Fett goodness to catch up on! I also started getting some of the young adult books, especially those featuring Boba Fett. Along the way I managed to collect the entire Galaxy of Fear and Glove of Darth Vader series.

8. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Ah, here it is: What brought you to EU?

Since this thread is more or less a repeat of that one, I'll lock this, and redirect discussion to the older topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.