main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What can I say? Resident Evil IV looks amazing.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Pooja, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    [image=http://ruliweb.intizen.com/data/news4/01m/11/ngc/bio05.jpg]

[image=http://ruliweb.intizen.com/data/news4/01m/11/ngc/bio07.jpg]

[image=http://ruliweb.intizen.com/data/news4/01m/11/ngc/bio08.jpg]

[image=http://ruliweb.intizen.com/data/news4/01m/11/ngc/bio10.jpg]

[image=http://ruliweb.intizen.com/data/news4/01m/11/ngc/bio13.jpg]

[image=http://ruliweb.intizen.com/data/news4/01m/11/ngc/bio15.jpg]

...being a huge RE fan, this gets me excited. Those have to be the most realistic graphcs I've seen yet. The remake for Gamecube looked great but this just blows it completely away. I understand that most gamers here are more PC gamers/RPGers and the such, but maybe there are a few of you out there who respects the RE series like I do. They have provided excellent stories, great music, top-notch atmosphere, and pretty nice puzzle solving and such. NOt to mention they are really gory, and sometimes pretty frightening.

Anyway, about Resident Evil IV, I know that you obviously take the role of Leon Kennedy from RE2, which makes me happy as he was one of my favorites from the first two. Leon has been infected with the Progenitor Virus which was mentioned a few times in the most recent entry, RE0. The game starts off at the Umbrella Paris facility where you seen Claire Redfield at in the opening moments of Resident Evil: CODE - Veronica. The reasons why he is here is because he is looking for the kidnappers of Sherry Birkin. If you remember, Sherry had a sample of the G-VIRUS in her pendant that her now deceased father, William Birkin gave her.

This is about all I know of the story and so far it sounds very tantalizing. There is no release date yet, although I'm assuming a winter 2003 release.

Discuss, children, discuss.

2. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    There's one thing that has kept me from enjoying the RE games. The controls. Man, those are annoying.

3. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, the controls are unforgiving. However I mastered the control style so I have no problems, personally.

4. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    >>>I understand that most gamers here are more PC gamers/RPGers and the such, but maybe there are a few of you out there who respects the RE series like I do.<<<

Whats that supposed to mean? The PC gave birth to Resident Evil. RE was nothing more then a complete clone of Alone In The Dark which was a PC title. That being said I stll say the series should have died after Resident Evil II, but of course this is Capcom where talking about. They'll keep milking it much like they have with SF and Mega Man, ack! I've got to disagree with the statement that they make great stories, though. For the most part there pretty predictable and rather silly.

Who knows this one might be decent, I hear they are scrapping that old outdated gameplay for something that actualy might work. And it's no longer pre-rendered I think, which means we will actualy be able to see where were walking and shooting. :)

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

5. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    To each his own I suppose. And about Capcom milking everything... well let's count the number of Zelda games. Mario games. Final Fantasy titles. Mortal Kombat games. Eveything is "milked" I guess. If people likes it and it sells well, why not. Same goes for movies.

And yeah I've really enjoyed the storyline so far. It has been full of twists and I've just found it exciting. It's not for everyone, definetly.

6. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    I heard a long time ago that 'Devil May Cry' is just a very early build of the RE4 engine so it sounds like it may just be a bit special.

You'd be correct R_B_E. Pre-rendered backdrops are being dropped for a, to make a cube comparison, more Eternal Darkness-style engine. Controls are sorted and graphics haven't suffered. What more can a gamer want?

I'll tell you what:

GOOD VOICE ACTING!!
    ANSWERS TO THE SERIES' MUFFLED STORYLINE!!

Apart from that, nothing. [face_laugh]

EDIT: BTW Pooja, don't expect it before 2004 in the US and Europe.

7. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    This is a videogame.
    Great voice acting does not concern me, admiral. ;)

However, no, it would not hurt if the acting was decent.

...and muffled storyline? I've played through every game, and the storyline is not muffled and as bad as people claim. Maybe its just because I actually read all the notes you gather in all the games, I don't know, but I just don't see these story complaints like everyone else. Besides, it's just a horror game anyway. It doesn't need much of a story to begin with, I mean hell, look at zombie films. No plot whatsoever. :p

8. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    Pooja, I read all the notes and yes it makes sense largely. However, it's a weak story which could benefit from a little more structure and IV is the perfect place to do it what with Leon going deep into the heart of Umbrella.

9. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Wow, I hadn't heard much about 4 yet. Looks/sounds pretty good. I never actually play RE games (I can't get used to the controls and I'm not good at it), but my brother is really into them and I tend to sit on the sidelines and figure out all the puzzles for him. I think it's got a decent story...and it's pretty scary too. I thought Nemesis (the monster itself) was the scariest..I jumped everytime the music changed and you'd hear the "S.T.A.R.'s...RWAARR!"

10. Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
    Personally, I hope they go back to the series' roots. More zombies, less techno-organic tentacle/insect/reptile crap. There's something very far more scary about the basic, simple zombie in a run-down mansion that was lost on the other games.

-Jomero

11. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Yeah. Zombies are great. However, if it was *just* zombies, the game would get a bit dull after a while.

...and Tyrants rule. :)

12. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    What I've always wondered was how come the virus made Spiders, alligators, and scorpions super huge but didn't do the same to humans and dogs. Actualy it always kind of bothered me. Humans and dogs get bad breath and rotting flesh, everyone else just grows 20 times their original size. What I want to see is a horror game along the lines of Dawn Of the Dead. Fighting for survival against hordes of zombies. I'm talking something like 30 zombies on screen at the least. :D

-----signature-----

13. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I'm talking something like 30 zombies on screen at the least.

Yeah that would own everything, I must admit. Thinking about that gives me chills. That would be so awesome.

14. stone_jedi

stone_jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    I must have missed this somewhere up above, but what platform is this coming to?

15. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Teh Nintendo Gamecube.

16. AgonyEngine

AgonyEngine Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 13, 2001
    Pooja...

HUGE RE fan here! I'm almost done with zero and have been enjoying it quite a bit. The controls are a bit outdated but that is really the only flaw in the game.

I'm confused, I thought Code Veronica was #4?

Guess not...

Anyway, RE has had some of the coolest plots and I love how they have such a great cast of charactors that they can choose between casting.

17. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Resident Evil 0 was a mixed bag for me. I really liked it, but I felt that it got worse after you go toff the train at the beginning. Oh well.

And yes, CODE-Veronica is technically the fourth game, but CAPCOM wants to squeeze as much as they can into the franchise (which honestly doesn't bother me) so they are basically making CV a "subgame" like RE0.

18. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    Is it true that all the Resident Evil games are being remade for the GameCube?

19. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Only the first one. The rest are just simple ports.

20. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    Yeah, what he said. Anyone checking out Resident Evil Online? This is looking to be the best of the batch of recent RE games. It has four player co-op and you can get infected with the T-Virus. Which means at some point it's envitable that your friends are going to turn on you. :D

Resident Evil online info & Movies

>>>The game is a four-player cooperative online game that supports broadband and modem connections and requires players to work with three other people to stay alive. Players will be able to choose one of eight characters, each with unique attributes and abilities. The zombie-bait options will include Kevin, a Raccoon City police officer; George, a doctor; Yoko, a mysterious Japanese woman; Mark, a war veteran turned security guard; Cindy, a waitress; David, a plumber; Jim, a railway worker who is good at solving puzzles; and Alyssa, a reporter. A challenging and potentially troublesome aspect of working with a team is the need to keep everyone alive, which is essential to progression. Not only is losing a team member detrimental to players' chances of success in the game, but it's also going to be hazardous to players' health, as the dead characters will become zombies.<<<

It's PS2 exclusive. I have no plan on picking up a PS2 or getting sucked into it's money sink hole of an online plan. Hopefully they will make a PC port. :)

-----signature-----

21. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Oh hell yes. I read about REOnline in a newer PSM magazine, and it sounds amazing. I read that you can use, literally, everything you see to defend yourself (i.e. if you see like.. say a broomstick in the corner of the room, plan on being able to pick it up and using it on the undead). I think it sounds really fun.

22. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    Doom III looks better

23. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    ...maybe not to all of us. But yeah, DOOM III looks fantastic, even though it has nothing to do with this thread.

24. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    >>>Doom III looks better<<<

[image=http://www.raceworx.com/funnypics/go%20you.gif]

Don't you just love those PC only types who need to reasure themselves that their not missing out. ;) Poor bitter gamer. :p

-----signature-----

25. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    Please tell me it will be available on PS2?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.