main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What can we expect from Ben Skywalker?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CeeWulf, Mar 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CeeWulf

CeeWulf Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Ben was mentioned in another thread, so I thought I'd post this question:

Luke, supposedly the most powerful Jedi, has just had an off-spring. Unlike Han and Leia, this child was born from two powerful Jedi. So, will this mean that Ben will grow up to be the galaxy's most powerful Jedi? can we expect, or do we want, great things from him?

Any thoughts?

2. jedi_storyteller

jedi_storyteller Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2001
    I thought the vision that Luke had shows a great deal into the future of Ben(i know, always in motion the future is, but give me a break)

I like the idea of him joining the military. Luke flew for the Rebellion, Mara worked for the Emperor...I think that it's in his blood. He would make a great starfighter pilot of captain(his mothers and uncle's commanding presence).

I do thin that Mara and Luke will have more than one child....(read Courtship of Princess Leia)

3. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    In the near future? Toilet training.

4. jedi_storyteller

jedi_storyteller Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2001
    LOL...i meant in like....18 years or so...nothing is happening with this kid in the NJO. I do think a cool ending for the last book would be showing the galaxy years later, maybe with Ben getting his first command or ship...showing everyone that's still alive and showing the readers that everything turns out alright in the end. Like a "15 years later"...I'm I even making sense?

5. CeeWulf

Feb 15, 2002
    LOL!

Great comment, Gandalf.

6. jedi_sonic

jedi_sonic Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    Ben Skywalker would be a great starfighter pilot and a great jedi. I think that it is possible for him to be the strongest ever.

7. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I think he has mental retardation, and look was trying to make him more happy in his vision.

8. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Luke, supposedly the most powerful Jedi, has just had an off-spring. Unlike Han and Leia, this child was born from two powerful Jedi. So, will this mean that Ben will grow up to be the galaxy's most powerful Jedi? can we expect, or do we want, great things from him?

Leia = much Force. Han = much Luck.
    Offspring = Lucky and Force-strong

Luke = much Force. Mara = some Force, bad luck
    Offspring = Force-strong but unlucky.

9. CeeWulf

Feb 15, 2002
    IAmTheDarkSide wrote:

Luke = much Force. Mara = some Force, bad luck
    Offspring = Force-strong but unlucky.

That would be interesting. Ben as a tragically flawed character.

10. NeoStar9

NeoStar9 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I get the strange feeling that Ben shouldn't follow in his fathers footsteps. That would be to easy and rather boring if you ask me. He should end up dislikeing or hating Luke after years of being trained as Jedi. Like he would have a choice if didn't want to train. He decides to join the military either as a starfighter pilot or he goes through the ranks and ends up commanding his own ship.

Or it would be interesting to see him give into the dark side under his own will and become very powerful dark jedi with his own followers. He should then try learning to be Sith.

Ben defeats Luke when Luke tries to turn him back. For some reason Luke no longer can use the force or isn't strong enough and would never kill his first born.

Ben's brother(if Luke has another kid) hunts down Ben to try and stop him. They fight several times with each becoming more powerful after every fight. In the end they kill each other leaving a little brother behind. This time Luke and Mara raise him differently.

Just a though. :)

11. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    Nom Anor: "The son of Skywalker must not become a Jeedai..."

12. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

In the near future? Toilet training.

I was gonna say; a little breast feeding, diaper filling, gurgling and crying.

Let's hope he turns after Luke and not Mara.

13. loser_fett

loser_fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2001
    Leia = much Force. Han = much Luck.
    Offspring = Lucky and Force-strong

Solo Kids: Force strong Yes, lucky No (must skip generations)
    Jaina=darkside
    jacen=captured
    Anakin=dead

14. mj

mj Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 12, 1998
    Well, I actually hope that he turns out to be a well-socialized, normal guy. Although I think he'll probably be so much like his mother that they'll butt heads a lot. He'll probably carry most of his baggage (that all children carry about their parents) about her instead of Luke, I'll bet.

And having him turn to the dark side is not fresh and exciting, it's actually been done to death. I'd rather see him as a good person trying to resolve problems with his wit and cunning.

For some reason, I also imagine him with a really good sense of humor, someone who can put things in perspective without getting all worked up, like Obi-Wan. :)

15. BattleDog

BattleDog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2002
    Ben should not be trained, it's unfair that, since he is force strong he should be forced to be a Jedi.

16. NeoStar9

NeoStar9 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Battle thats what I'm talking about. Since he will be so force strong he will have no choice but to be trained as a Jedi. He won't get to chose his own life or path and there is a good chance he would dislike or hate his parents for it. He might want to be normal but would never get the chance.

17. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    It'd be sweet for him to go dark and go on some mudurous crusade

18. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    ben was taking formula in the Star By Star book, somewhere in the middle to end....when Han and Leia were babysitting him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

probably leader of Rogue Squadron in the future....... :)

If he is a Jedi, I think he'd be a good undercover guy.....so maybe the NRI, too.

And, of course......Picking on any little sisters/brothers he has......and hopefully being an overprotective big brother............. ;) :)

19. Darth_Infamous

Darth_Infamous Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    <Darth Infamous closes his eyes in meditation. A vision of the future presents itself to him.>

After the defeat of the Yuuzhan Vong, and the restoration of peace throughout the galaxy, a new darkness will return from space unknown. A darkness that will engulf the JEDI and turn their leaders son. Ben Skywalker will take follow in his grandfathers footsteps, and ressurect the name DARTH VADER! So it is written, so it shall come to pass!

<lol>
    Nah, he'll turn to the darkside, so that like his father luke now has to redeem his son as well, little bit of irony.

20. Roa

Roa Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2002
    I think he'll get captured by the Yuuzhan Vong and they'll shape him into one of them. Then they'll send him back to kill Luke and Mara.

21. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    cool idea roa

22. CeeWulf

Feb 15, 2002
    I actually liked the idea of him being like the Obi-Wan we've come to know in the prequel films. Calm, cool, collected. With a sense of wimsy, that would be a really good character.

23. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    kidnapping of any child in the Skywalker/Solo family has been overdone (Crystal Star, anyone?) And, there was already an attempt to kidnap him in Star by Star. It failed.

I think he should grow up normal, with *Both* of his parents alive. He could be a Jedi or a pilot or maybe work undercover in the NRI (or what was the NRI). He might not be trained as a Jedi, but he should at least receive basic training, to be able to control himself.

I could see him as a member of Page's Commandos.

Or he could be a holovid star! :)

I don't want him kidnapped, shaped, and sent to kill Luke and Mara.

He's only about 5 months old. Why don't we wait until his first birthday to speculate on his future?

24. Mighty_Green_Midget

Mighty_Green_Midget Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    nothing for a long, long, time.

I was going to say a lot of pooping...Gandolf and Keir beat me to it!

Seriously...i would like it if he did not become a jedi...and was like a smuggler or something. Took more after Han than his own father.

And i FULLY EXPECT him to resemble his paternal granddather. :D ;)

25. JediFreac

JediFreac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Ben: Wraith Squadron's future Jedi Prankster. Yub Yub.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.