main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What can we expect in the final few weeks?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Xinau, Oct 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    Disney will cancel the release and push it to next May.

2. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007

*shrugs* idk, maybe i'm no tech expert, the post I made earlier was mostly a joke, but is a possibility.

3. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I expect news.com.au to publish all the spoilers... all the twists... everything the moment the movie is released. They are really terrible at that lately.

I want to seek my spoilers out... not have it show up in my online newspaper!

LANDO_ROCKS likes this.
  4. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Well, Murdoch is the closest we have to a Sith Lord in real life....

5. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    [​IMG]

light_sabe_r, Othini, Skaddix and 6 others like this.
  6. BobaBacca

BobaBacca Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 6, 2015
    I am expecting a "My friend knows a friend who is friends with the son of someone who rated the movie" thread to appear on Reddit within the next 24 hours

7. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    Lol yeah, and then they say they know all the plot twists and people actually fall for it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

8. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007

That's a classic type of reddit thread.

9. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    What can we expect in the final few weeks?

A ****t ton of TV SPOTS and maybe two or three clips.

10. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015
    Let's see... We've had the e-book release of the short story TFA tie-in featuring Bazine today. I think the other short stories are also out or will be soon.

For the rest of this week, it's all about Thanksgiving & Black Friday. It looks like the advertising is really kicking into high gear. Anyone expecting any surprises for Thanksgiving or Black Friday? I thought that there might be a BB-8 balloon at the Macy's parade, but if there is, it's not shown on the official program.

The Jakku DLC for Battlefront drops next week.

If Collider's to be believed, there's a press junket Dec. 4-6. No screening is expected, but they might show part of the film.

Then it's the word premiere on the 14th and a screening for the press the same day -- at least that's the current rumor making the rounds on Twitter. I'm sure reactions will be embargoed but certainly some feedback will leak out.

The film opens in France & elsewhere on the 16th, so early reactions will start hitting some time around noon to 2pm (EST), I'd guess.

Did I miss anything?

Flapjack4 and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  11. BobaBacca

Nov 6, 2015
    Will a screener copy appear online? If it did, would you watch it? :p

12. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015
    No way, no how. There's a higher likelihood of the Millenium Falcon spontaneously materializing in my driveway than this film showing up online before it opens.

Nope. I wanna be in a theater with a bunch of other teary old men in Star Wars t-shirts when this thing hits.

Hydro spanner Celt and TX-20 like this.
  13. Darth Sater

Darth Sater Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 27, 2015
    I've seen TFA.

It was previously called ANH.

14. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    If history is to be repeated, we will get:
    1. a countdown in hours til the first screening (which is allegedly on an Air France plane a day before it opens elsewhere for some reason)
    2. leaked pseudo reviews which will be believed
    3. leaked reviews which will be madly discussed and disbelieved
    4. television reporters stationed on random midnight screenings to catch the "nerds in action"
    5. at least one terrible, terrible force pun before the weather forecast on television
    6. People actually seeing the film for the first time and crying as soon as the Lucasfilm logo turns up
    7. People crying tears of relief at the absence of Bantha poodoo in Jakku
    8. People just crying well, because.
    9. At least one Lens Flare (TM) per hour as per prior agreement between Disney and Mr Abrhams
    10. Some form of mouse reference in the pivotal lightsabre battle
    11. Film ending with no one really clear as to who Rey's papa actually is leading to ..
    12. People posting here with some combination of the following: F#$#$! S#$$%# OMG IDK EH Abrahms F#$#$# by 20s with this ****
    and finally
    13. Endless and I mean ENDLESS postulation as to whether midichlorians have now managed to manifest themselves in the physical realm in the form of stormtrooper perspiration
    and for a bonus round, I predict that by the end of the opening week:
    14. . George Lucas will be announcing that he is donating his entire 4 billion dollar fortune to buying back every single copy of The Force Awakens .. because no Binks./s

Howard Hand and Xinau like this.
  15. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

[​IMG]

16. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't know about us but the cast can expect alot of this.

Gotta feel bad for em. Now they can't even go outside without getting mobbed by nerds.[face_bleh]

17. BobaBacca

Nov 6, 2015
  18. Trooper100471

Trooper100471 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2015
    What can we expect in the next few weeks? From my own POV, I'm close to bursting with excitement for this film. I'm a big Star Wars fan but this film and it's anticipation has gripped me like no other to the point were I'm checking all the usual sources/sites for new TV spots at 3/4 in the morning. I am genuineIy starting to think that I have a problem. Obsessive Star Wars Syndrome....I already have my day all planned for the 17th. Morning off work for a 10.30am showing on my own. I always like to watch a movie that I know I will watch several times in the cinema on my own first so I don't get distracted. I genuinely cannot wait

19. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    nope, already at around 7am (EST). :)

20. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Anxiety levels for the "PLEASE DON'T SUCK" credo will intensify.

21. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Yep. I remember for AOTC (I was still in denial), I was reading each and every review that came out, checking the tomator-meter, the box office takings in the US on a daily basis and all in all, looking desperately for any validation that the film was eh. good. . ..

This time around, I honestly don't care what the critics will think, how much money it will make (since I won't be getting any of it , tbh) ...

22. Hoth Chocolate

Hoth Chocolate Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 21, 2015
    As we get closer to release, the cast will be doing more Late-Night shows (JJ is on Fallon is next, Monday 11/30), and they almost always show short clips to promote their movie. So another short scene or two is likely.

I don't know how many new TV spots we'll get. Usually the bigger movies have upwards of 20, but they are also usually screened for critics a week or two in advance in order to add some review snippets to the final TV spots. This is when you see things like "Breathtaking! - Roeper", "*****/*****" - Rolling Stone, "An instant classic! - Sun Times" etc. But since this isn't being screened in advance, we won't be getting any of those.

Then, in the last day or two, including release day, us males need to be careful not to have erections lasting more than 4 hours, otherwise see your doctor.

HGST and TK327 like this.
  23. Darth Sater

Oct 27, 2015
    Ha Ha. What does that even mean? Its very funny whatever it is.

24. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

It's this kid's version of a rimshot

Darth Sater likes this.
  25. Darth Sater

Oct 27, 2015

Ha ha love it!

Import_Jedi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.