main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What changes would you make to Ep I & II?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by hogie1, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hogie1

hogie1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2005
    I'm on the fence about the 1st 2 prequels, there were somethings I enjoyed but other things were awful. Here's what I would have changed-

Phantom Menace
    No Gungans & no Jar Jar, just seemed to cartoonish for me. Perhaps the wookies should have been introduced here instead.

No midochlorians-where did that ever come from? I thought the force was supposed to be more mystical, that surrounds us, penetrates us, binds the galaxy together. It just seemed weird.

No podracing or a better version. Again more cartoonish stuff, not really the type of humor found in the Original 3. Especially that announcer!!

Darth Maul should have been expanded upon much more. Forget Count Dooku and Gen. Grevious, this guy seemed like the real deal-King Bada$$. But Maul we hardly knew ye.....

Qui-Gon, should have died? Not sure, but could have come back ala Obi-won in Ep II. He was an excellent character.

Too much CGI. Sorry George, I like the old versions better when people were in costumes on sets. I like believeabilty. There was something about the OT that was kind like a outer space Western. Stuff was dirty and didn't look right out of the box.

Attack of the Clones
    Why do the clone troops have to look different than the original stormtroopers? Not really a fan of the CGI groupings, and their voices were way too cloneish. When stormtroopers spoke in the OT they had some individuality or something. And why do the vehicles seem to be so advanced but sequentially revert to the technology in Episodes 4-5-6? Again, it just thru me off.

Too much CGI again. A world of water w/ pencil thin aliens? It just didn't have the right feel to it. How about Greedo's species? At least we had seen them before and they weren't very trustworthy.

Anakin was too winy, that character should have been developed more. I agree with some other posters who thought that his "anger development" was too easy. Perhaps it should have been more like a good cop, on the straight & narrow, who got caught up in bending the rules or looking the other way. Something like going in thinking things in black/white but realizing that there is a gray area in between.

I would have rather seen Count Duuko been replaced w/
    Darth Maul and killed in this episode in a fight w/ Anakin after attempting to assassinate Padme. And we didn't need to see those bug creatures. I thought I was watching Godzilla or something!

Well, hopefully ROTS will be better and answer some issues. Thanks for reading and letting me that off my chest. Enjoy everone and I'll see you May 19th!

Strilo edit: We already have several threads for this...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.